Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help pls: Airfield access - Wau vs Tulagi

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Help pls: Airfield access - Wau vs Tulagi Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help pls: Airfield access - Wau vs Tulagi - 8/6/2002 10:37:07 PM   
BobP

Playing #17, mid-July '42: re: Wau & Tulagi

After reviewing this forum yesterday and then re-checking manual I now understand why my airfield expansion at both was exceeding 100% (Wau - 124%, Tulagi - 108%) but not actually expanding.

Up to this point, I've been successfully flying supplies into both with PBY's. Had also attempted to fly C-147's into both, but was denied (now realizing why).

Last night I discontinued expansion at both airfields not wanting to invest 10x the normal time.

Out of curiosity, I targeted a C-147 from Port Moresby to fly supplies to Wau - it accepted the flight! I tried targeting a C-147 from Luganville to Tulagi, but was denied. Ran the day - confirmed that supplies via C-147 were delivered to Wau.

Both airfields are the same size "0".

Anyone able explain what I'm missing or don't understand? Or, could this be bug?

Thanks very much.

BTW, this is a great game. I never expected that I'd become so involved with such detail and enjoy it so much.

BobP
Post #: 1
- 8/6/2002 10:44:35 PM   
Toro

If indeed Wau is a size 0 [ie, not max size zero but really has not yet been expanded -- 1(0) vs 0(0)] then I'd say you may have found a bug. Verify this and then make a post in the bugs forum.

(in reply to BobP)
Post #: 2
- 8/6/2002 10:46:02 PM   
Spooky

AFAIK, Wau is a size 1 airfield at the beginning of the game ... even if its airsize SPS is 0.

(in reply to BobP)
Post #: 3
Re: Help pls: Airfield access - Wau vs Tulagi - 8/6/2002 11:18:18 PM   

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BobP
[B]Playing #17, mid-July '42: re: Wau & Tulagi

Out of curiosity, I targeted a C-147 from Port Moresby to fly supplies to Wau - it accepted the flight! I tried targeting a C-147 from Luganville to Tulagi, but was denied. Ran the day - confirmed that supplies via C-147 were delivered to Wau.

Both airfields are the same size "0".

Anyone able explain what I'm missing or don't understand? Or, could this be bug?

Thanks very much.

BobP [/B][/QUOTE]

Wau is a size 1 airfield. The number outside the parentheses is the actual size. The number inside is the size it can expand to without reqiring a great deal more supplies. Only in the case of a SPS 0 airfield, such as Wau and Tulagi, is there an additional penalty of time as well as supplies. SPS 0 fields should not be developed. You may only exceed the SPS number by 3.

kp

The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:

(in reply to BobP)
Post #: 4
- 8/6/2002 11:32:02 PM   
BobP

Thanks much for the quick response.

I'll double check the "exact" airport status tonight when I get home.

BobP

(in reply to BobP)
Post #: 5
- 8/7/2002 2:40:45 AM   
thantis

What are the best beaches/locations for the Allies to develop airfields? Up to now, I've been giving it my best guess....any thoughts?

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon.....

(in reply to BobP)
Post #: 6
- 8/7/2002 2:44:17 AM   

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thantis
[B]What are the best beaches/locations for the Allies to develop airfields? Up to now, I've been giving it my best guess....any thoughts? [/B][/QUOTE]

Definitely Dobadura if you can keep it. Irau for recapturing Lunga. I also like Kiriwina Island, since it is only 9 hexes from Rabaul and can reach level 4.

kp

The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:

(in reply to BobP)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Help pls: Airfield access - Wau vs Tulagi Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI