Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (screenshots)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (screenshots) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (scre... - 7/30/2010 11:29:11 AM   
DasHoff

so i had a battle on Son last map (coincidently this was the battle in which my opponent's single MG killed 20 of my guys in buildings, which made me rage so hard i made the other thread). This turn, i moved (not attacked) another group into the map to reinforce just in case i needed (the original group was still going to fight the battle), as so:

This is the screenshot of the map going into the battle:

and here is how the battle actually begins:

Needless to say my opponent is pissed. I can deploy all around him; all he gets are little squares. I've made a post about this before, but it is only now that it has really become a big issue. is there anything i can do to fix this? because if not, i'm gonna have to postpone the campaign again until it gets fixed

< Message edited by DasHoff -- 7/30/2010 11:32:05 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 1:14:43 PM   
xe5

Agree the 'checkerboard' VLs issue is a problem. In this situation the game is failing to fairly calculate how to award deploy area around the St Oedenrode VL to the Allied player to account for the support BG he moved from there into Son. Simultaneously the game has maintain previous VL control. The St O. VL obviously has to change from Axis to Allied control.

Image shows a blue outline around the normal St Oedenrode deploy area on Son and red outline around the deploy area the Axis should have retained in addition to a block of control around the red circled VL. The area with the yelo dots should have been neutral territory between the added Allied map control and the previous Axis control.

Easy to diagram but damn difficult to code the math for the effects strat moves and blown bridges have on battle map control.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DasHoff)
Post #: 2
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 1:33:11 PM   
Platoon_Michael

I think this is the same issue thats been in CC for a long time.
If your opponents BG enters a map and you play that battle then on the next turn if your able to move your BG off the map and bring in another BG from where opponets BG came in on his deployment is all out of whack.

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 3
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 1:38:03 PM   
Andrew Williams

I'm pretty sure that long standing bug from cc4 and CC5 was fixed with the latest patches for WaR and tLD plt_michael.

please let us know if you are still seeing it with patches applied

(in reply to Platoon_Michael)
Post #: 4
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 1:40:52 PM   
Platoon_Michael

I see in my current GC that whats depicted on the map preview is Not what the deployment is when the game starts.
I will run a test this weekend on the really bad deployment when BG's enter from opponents original deployment.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 5
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 1:49:23 PM   
Andrew Williams

IIRC the map preview will show the the results from last battle not what is about to happen... so this is normal.

you are correct the problem was related to Bg's entering a map where the enemy had entered ie same VL.... and then leaving the enemy BG with virtually no deployment zone, in the worst cases causing the game to crash because 15 teams could not fit in th available limited deployment space....

workaround was to field fewer teams by removing them from active forcepool.

Post #: 6
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 2:46:18 PM   
Platoon_Michael

Moved to WAR forums

< Message edited by Platoon_Michael -- 7/30/2010 3:46:11 PM >

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 7
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 5:37:36 PM   
Ivan_Zaitzev

Was this fixed with the new patch? I haven´t download it yet.
If its not, it must be a top one because this happens a lot.

(in reply to DasHoff)
Post #: 8
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 5:42:30 PM   
RD Oddball

This is logged in our bug tracking system so it will be looked at. Thanks for the extra info Hoff. I've added your posts to the bug report.

(in reply to Ivan_Zaitzev)
Post #: 9
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 5:48:10 PM   
xe5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael
on the next turn if your able to move your BG off the map and bring in another BG from where opponets BG came in on his deployment is all out of whack.

Effectively what is happening is by attacking with a new BG using the same entry VL the enemy used to attack onto the map you are attacking from his rear. That tends to disrupt an opponent.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by xe5 -- 7/30/2010 5:57:34 PM >

(in reply to Ivan_Zaitzev)
Post #: 10
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 5:53:46 PM   
Platoon_Michael

Personally I consider that a huge flaw in the game.And using it to be a cheat.
If your Bg leaves a map for any reason and then you insert another like you have done it only makes sense to me that the Germans should gain considerable ground and NOT be placed in such a position it can not win.

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 11
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 6:02:12 PM   
xe5

In the last image I posted, the original BG did not leave the map. It stayed in support.

...We're gonna hold onto him by the nose and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose...

Post #: 12
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 6:11:06 PM   
Platoon_Michael

What your saying is the AI BG did not leave the map.........but you moved your 1st BG out and then moved one of YOUR other BG;s into the entry VL that the AI first used in order to attack.
Thus leaving the AI with the horrible deployment you posted in screen shot 2.

correct?
Or is this the result of being able to move 2 BG's onto a map via the new LSA feature?

Also if memory serves me correctly the small deployment that was crashing the game as mentioned by schrecken was a result of a public GC in WAR against the AI.
That crash resulted in us trying to whittle down the FP of the AI and accepting a truce rather than disbanding it.Not because of the weird deployment bug.

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 13
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 6:15:08 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

Also if memory serves me correctly the small deployment that was crashing the game as mentioned by schrecken was a result of a public GC in WAR against the AI.
That crash resulted in us trying to whittle down the FP of the AI and accepting a truce rather than disbanding it.Not because of the weird deployment bug.

That bug was reported fixed in the TLD an WaR patches. If you're still seeing crashes for this specific bug please report them.

Post #: 14
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/30/2010 7:22:05 PM   
xe5

@PLT_Michael - the result of LSA's two BG stacking. I'll post a comparison of how deploy is affected when a new BG attacks onto a map and 1) the old BG stays in support or rest, and 2) the old BG moves to another map

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 15
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/31/2010 12:17:26 AM   
7A_Woulf

Hope this is fixed in the next patch, or at least soon! Annoying to have this bug time after time, especially at important battles like Arnhem where both side moves BG's a lot...

Got the infamous '1/3-map' in Eindhoven yesterday as well (sadly my screenshot-program messes with me sometimes so I didn't got a pict):
*Turn 2; 506th PIR takes all but one VL through a Force Moral-low victory (leaving the 'to Valkenswaard' VL in German hands)
*Turn 3; I move up Coldstream Guards from Valkenswaard as reserve to 506th PIR, thinking that I just can rub my hands while I'm wait for the 2 minutes timer since I have all VL's. Fooled! The western third of the map was allied, the centre neutral and the eastern third was suddenly in German hands...
A bug or a feature when you gain all VL's through strategic moves?

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 16
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/31/2010 3:33:01 AM   
Platoon_Michael

Jim I was just trying to clarify what schrecken was saying.
If I see that bug again I will post it.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 17
RE: big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (... - 7/31/2010 2:50:37 PM   
RD Oddball

Ah okay. Thanks.

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> big problem with attacking maps with multiple BGs (screenshots) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI