Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The bug thread.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> RE: The bug thread. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The bug thread. - 8/3/2010 11:40:18 PM   
GS_Schimpf

I get the feeling that xe5 would have been a worthy addition to your testing crew :)

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 121
RE: The bug thread. - 8/3/2010 11:43:19 PM   
Andrew Williams

LOL

(in reply to GS_Schimpf)
Post #: 122
RE: The bug thread. - 8/4/2010 1:48:38 AM   
e_barkmann

quote:

I get the feeling that xe5 would have been a worthy addition to your testing crew :)

+1 !

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 123
RE: The bug thread. - 8/4/2010 2:37:59 AM   
Q.M

Here's a couple more we could add.

Mick's already in here though...of course!

Scott Halvorson (first Atomic artist with personel homepage)
Matthew Hills (first CC1-fan site)
Mick 'xe5' (data genius) Hooligan, The Thumb etc etc
Adam 'The Man' D'Arcy (first to reveal BGM-data structure)
Andrew Glenn 'Naked Foot' (first map making guide)
Konrad (tool maker)
Mark Clouden 'Escobar' (tool maker)
Frantz 'Fritz' Pergolini (first mode creator)
CSO_Beeblebrox (perhaps identical with vonB, TheWizard ?)
Vincent Viaud (los tool maker)
Gerry Shaw 'Tin Tin' (tool maker)
Phil Lane (sound tool maker)
Steve 'Zeppo9' (tool maker)
Pekka 'Cpl_Filth' Saastamoinen (tool genuis)
Sgt. Wilson (tool maker)
Chris Ellens (tool maker)
Matt Neuman (first CC2-map maker)
Wouter Pinkhof
David Bouchanin
David Vilmen
Sulla
Ross Moorhouse 'Future'
Frank Scott 'Col_Franko'
Marc 'Ninenail' Porebski
Markus 'Zorbo' Hofbauer
Dany 'Bad' Gauthier
Blackhound
David R. Tidy 'The other Dave'
Mohammad Elawakil
TT
Dreaded88
NL_Oxcart
George Thanos
Emmanuel Bombaert 'Manoi'
Taki
Mizuchi
Hikehara
Ron 'RealRed' Gretz
Kyle Scott 'Fish'
Tim Catherall
Cappy-R
Piotr 'Zolg' Lewandowski (data structure)
kwp (data structure)
Dynomite
GS_Marcks
Francois Simenel
Han Bos
Louis Jones 'GI_Jonz'
Neil Nello 'Pvt_Pyle'
Southernland
Jim Martin 'JimRM2'
Mafi (tool God)
schrecken
Jimmy D
..and of course The Blood (all round genius)

Did I leave anyone out?

< Message edited by Q.M -- 8/4/2010 2:43:11 AM >

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 124
RE: The bug thread. - 8/4/2010 2:50:57 AM   
Southernland

just yourself Dude

(in reply to Q.M)
Post #: 125
RE: The bug thread. - 8/4/2010 4:05:52 AM   
Andrew Williams

mooxe

(in reply to Southernland)
Post #: 126
RE: The bug thread. - 8/4/2010 4:31:00 AM   
Q.M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Southern_land

just yourself Dude

Thats a legend list mate, hence my omission.

Can you imagine working with all those guys?

(in reply to Southernland)
Post #: 127
RE: The bug thread. - 8/4/2010 5:30:24 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

quote:

+1 !

+2!

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 128
RE: The bug thread. - 8/4/2010 5:36:28 PM   
TheReal_Pak40

Gemert map crash is still present in beta patch and the newly released official patch 56001b . However, I have discovered that it may be a resolution issue. It will only crash on 1440x900 resolution. I have tried lesser resolutions and the battle worked fine.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 129
RE: The bug thread. - 8/5/2010 11:01:15 PM   
SkyStrike

PLAYING 5.60.01b

I consider myself a huge CC2 fan, Ive played hundreds of games with it and probably will continue to do so(my CC2ABTF setup: 2.0b+3.4+new sounds+FFLcamos+1600x900reso hack). Playing LSAA feels like switching from a nice, good looking girl, who is great in bed and intelligent though loyal, friendly and totally infatuated to you -- into a good looking dumb girl with bumpy fake boobs and bad teeth, who stubbornly holds the view that holocaust never happened..

I recognize the fact that LSAA is not CC2, however I am not convinced that the leading builders of LSAA are CC2 players or even have played more than 20 battles of it to ever have arrived at the personal realizations and insights of some superior CC2 features compared to f.e. CC3-5. Also I am not convinced that they really play AI campaigns over and over again, but rather short battles etc where the most annoying features might not come out so obvious.

I have written many posts where I have tried to bring forth the inadequacies of LSAA. Here are just some more thoughts and bugs et cetera. Please don't be offended by my posts, my intentions are for the good of one and all.

-----

BUG: When playing Campaigns with 1920x1080 resolution on a 16:9 monitor all goes fine until the map NIJMEGEN comes to play. The map is small and it gets zoomed in and stretched, probably the game trying to change resolution to smaller and selecting a non 16:9 one. When manually changed to 1600x900 though and restarted though all seems fine, but I find it inconvenient.

CONFUSION: I have previously reported many faults with portable AT teams and weapons such as PIAT but now I write about panzerfausts. I have not managed to ever get any of my troops to fire one off. Unlike in CC2 where a team with panzerfaust(s) has heightened AT values and gets a green target reticule to a tank within range, apart from the forcepool there is no evidense of panzerfausts. The troops always get black targetting circles on tanks from any range or position or angle. Ive sneaked behind tanks, to the side, been in high buildings, ruins, open ground, running, sneaking, ambushing. All troops with panzerfausts seem utterly incapable of employing them against the enemy.

ANNOYING: I somewhat understand the current feature of teams disappearing or getting reinforced. However I do not support it. Rather have the teams stay and have a reinforce feature by points etc. Losing 50% of men usually means losing whole strength a battle group. Also losing important weaponry like MGs, portable AT weapons etc, just because 1-3 guys have died etc. Obviously this would matter less if the battles were more large scale but when its usually about 2-6 teams it really counts a lot if you lose whole teams just for losing some men.

MORE ANNOYING: Force Morale. Battle ends when force morale gets too low setting needs to be altered. If the enemy has just one ersatz team, it is able to hold a whole map against a full armored battlegroup. Germans will lose only 2-3 VLs, just because their morale ends. Their hidden ghost counterparts take on godly superpowers making the whole allied spearhead utterly incapable of advancing against a half dead half-team. SOLUTION: Force morale should take into account the current force of the defender against the attacker force strength ratio. If the ratio is like in this case high, f.e. 2rqp vs 700 rqp, then the germans should lose the whole map. Atleast against BO groups.

WOULD BE NICE, if when attacking with two BGs to one map, one would be able to employ the full roster. It makes no sense that the other BG has to sit it out in the background, when it is obvious that in real battle it would ofcourse be deployed. Also in real strategic attacking one would seek to surround and attack from multiple directions. If on the same strategic turn two BGs move to attack the same one map from two different maps/directions, it should have some benefits..

MORE: Teams seem safest in open ground, the lower the better. If one goes into a building, let alone a high building, it becomes super vulnerable. I still cannot understand why it has been programmed so that a team hiding and lying down on the middle of a 4th story floor can still get hit from ANY RANGE from ground level. A ground-level team very close to the building seems as capable of inflicting casualties as a team farther away. Also would be nice if some of matrix developers actually has battle training/fire-arms experience, which I doubt, as in urban battle when a fire team uses a house, it does not deploy on the window like a target with no brains, but it deploys on the back of the room or from the side of the window and selects a narrow firing lane to it's selected target and carefully moves to another firing position to deploy to another narrow firing lane to fire at another target. It is not like a western movie where John Wayne etc stands/sits on the window where everyone from outside can take easy shots at him. Rather the smart soldier deploys himself so that only troops directly visible to him from the narrow firing lane of his choosing can fire back at him, usually when it is too late for them to do so anyway. Then he relocates to another relatively safe position.
In LSAA tries too much realism and utterly fails in achieving any. Teams deploy like John Wayne on the windows, or if they are on walls they cannot fire outside at all. No matter if they lie on the middle of the floor on 4th story, they still can be killed from ground level.
In CC2 this was SIMULATED by teams always being able to fire outside from a building, but being in relative cover, simulating intelligent individual positioning of smart soldiers positioning themselves to narrow firing lanes and moving positions to fire other targets.
What takes seconds in real life takes minutes in LSAA, soldiers sitting on the windows getting killed / soldiers UTTERLY UNABLE to fire at all / soldiers crawling around trying to reposition all the time and just milling about not sure what to do.
SOLUTION: Make elevation matter, so that close teams from ground level cannot reach the middle rooms. (just like CC2)
SOLUTION: Make teams always see outside, no matter walls/windows. (just like CC2)
SOLUTION: Make soldiers always take as much/little damage, no matter doors/windows/walls. (just like CC2)

MORE: Firing range seems inconsistent/wrong. If any of Matrix developers have ever been to a firing range, lets say 150m, 100m, 25m, 50m, 100m, 200m, 300m, or tried to take shots at 500m or 1km and seeing their results, they surely would have a good idea of the trajectory of a bullet, and the utter ease of hitting targets at 0-150m. Lets take examples:
I can hit a cardboard target with a pistol from 100m. Usual pistol accurate range being 25m. It is possible with an elevated shot. However: LSAA soldiers seem incapable of hitting with a rifle.
I can hit a 7.62x39 AR bullet in a target 500m away, 150m being impossible to miss the target board, even with such a "small punch" round. LSAA soldiers are mostly incapable of hitting a 7.62x54(which can fire at 1km!) rifle shots at 150m.. which would be understandable under fire, but even from ambush it seems hard for them to hit stationary targets..
The ease of firing at stationary and erect targets at short ranges is not my point however.
My point is that it seems to make no difference whether the range is 50m or 500m, which would be a HUGE difference in reality, even when only looking at the recoil caused scattering of rounds, that the smallest error in direction or elevation would become HUGE when the target it farther away. Like calculating planetary moon rocket trajectory angles into space, it becomes hard to hit a lying target that is taking cover.
In LSAA any MG is capable of huge devastation no matter cover/range. Any rifle soldier is UNcapable of landing simple shots. That is my point.

Matrix prejudice against Sturmgeschütz III G? LSAA seems to really play Stug3G down in my humble opinion. Finnish StuGIIIG crews had great success against soviet T34s etc in WW2 continuation war of the Finnish theatre of war. They used big tree logs on the sides to make portable AT devices less effective and molded big concrete blocks on the bases of the turret for extra protection. They repainted and camouflaged and customized every StuGIIIG before deploying them to frontline duties. All crews were thoroughly trained and accomplished great things, like many Finns in general. The targetting speed and range and accuracy of a StuGIIIG was great, and the 7.5 cm StuK 40 L/48 main gun had good penetrating power and accuracy against enemy armor.
In LSAA however Ive had a StuG fire multiple closerange hits on ShermanV "tommyboilers" without success, while the Shermans were looking/shooting elsewhere. Those LSAA Shermans however are capable of popping out StuGs while on the move, and insta-hitting them to destruction with such an ease from much greater ranges, that it is a wonder that they dont use ShermanV tanks instead of Abrams today... Somehow its like CounterStrike game etc where people who are bunnyhopping are getting more kills/less hits, where it should be otherwise. Surely a starionary selfpropelled tank destroyer should have considerable advantage to a tommyboiler "on the move".
I think there is some hidden dislike against StuGIIIG's prowess here, whether unaware or not.

"Crew training was very demanding and for example gunners had to write their names on a sheet of paper hanging on a tree with a pencil attached to the gun barrel using the gun aiming wheels."*

*= http://www.achtungpanzer.com/sturmgeschutz-iii-sturmgeschutz-iv.htm

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SkyStrike -- 8/6/2010 12:26:26 AM >

(in reply to TheReal_Pak40)
Post #: 130
RE: The bug thread. - 8/5/2010 11:11:04 PM   
SkyStrike

SMALL MAP BUG: NIJMEGEN BRIDGE immunity... One beam/pole whatever is capable of acting like a godly shield.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 131
RE: The bug thread. - 8/5/2010 11:18:05 PM   
SkyStrike

Strategic fire out of LOS / Strategic fire lost target.

If any of you remember CC2 mortar halftrack MG bug, where all mortars were used, the halftrack was unable to target anything, so one had to serial click V(FIRE) to get it to firce for one second manually.

In LSAA it seems the same case most of the time with ALL TEAMS, not only tanks like in this example. Teams get GREEN LOS but still they cannot LOCK the target. The MG/Tank can obviously see the enemy as it occasionally chooses to fire on "Defend" and it will fire for half a second when commanded to. Only option is to "forcefire", continuosly hitting V(FIRE) and clicking the enemy unit. It will not LOCK the target but it will fire for that half second. I find this a BUG. LOS = LOS, NO LOS = NO LOS.

The picture is a bad example as it is semi-green LOS and with tanks, but mostly this happens with infantry/MG teams with full direct LOS.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 132
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 5:26:35 AM   
zon

Vehicles have no mass! Stack 'em up, no problem. Noticed this after installing the patch. Edit: No LOS blocking either.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zon -- 8/6/2010 5:30:10 AM >

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 133
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 5:45:32 AM   
Andrew Williams

confirmed stacking
Do the AP rounds pass right through?

(in reply to zon)
Post #: 134
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 6:07:47 AM   
zon

I can't reproduce the LOS issue. I'll withdraw that part of the bug report.

Post #: 135
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 6:13:25 AM   
TheReal_Pak40

quote:

ORIGINAL: SkyStrike

MORE ANNOYING: Force Morale. Battle ends when force morale gets too low setting needs to be altered. If the enemy has just one ersatz team, it is able to hold a whole map against a full armored battlegroup. Germans will lose only 2-3 VLs, just because their morale ends. Their hidden ghost counterparts take on godly superpowers making the whole allied spearhead utterly incapable of advancing against a half dead half-team. SOLUTION: Force morale should take into account the current force of the defender against the attacker force strength ratio. If the ratio is like in this case high, f.e. 2rqp vs 700 rqp, then the germans should lose the whole map. Atleast against BO groups.

Well, this optional when you start a battle or campaign. But, I suggest you do what I do: If I know I'm attacking against a weak force, I try to grab as many VLs as possible before I actually start killing the enemy. If you can get all but three VLs then the enemy will be forced off the map and possible disbanded.

quote:

WOULD BE NICE, if when attacking with two BGs to one map, one would be able to employ the full roster. It makes no sense that the other BG has to sit it out in the background, when it is obvious that in real battle it would ofcourse be deployed. Also in real strategic attacking one would seek to surround and attack from multiple directions. If on the same strategic turn two BGs move to attack the same one map from two different maps/directions, it should have some benefits..

Merge units. It's the best option for this except that it's a permanent merge.

quote:

MORE: Teams seem safest in open ground, the lower the better. If one goes into a building, let alone a high building, it becomes super vulnerable. I still cannot understand why it has been programmed so that a team hiding and lying down on the middle of a 4th story floor can still get hit from ANY RANGE from ground level. A ground-level team very close to the building seems as capable of inflicting casualties as a team farther away. Also would be nice if some of matrix developers actually has battle training/fire-arms experience, which I doubt, as in urban battle when a fire team uses a house, it does not deploy on the window like a target with no brains, but it deploys on the back of the room or from the side of the window and selects a narrow firing lane to it's selected target and carefully moves to another firing position to deploy to another narrow firing lane to fire at another target. It is not like a western movie where John Wayne etc stands/sits on the window where everyone from outside can take easy shots at him. Rather the smart soldier deploys himself so that only troops directly visible to him from the narrow firing lane of his choosing can fire back at him, usually when it is too late for them to do so anyway. Then he relocates to another relatively safe position.
In LSAA tries too much realism and utterly fails in achieving any. Teams deploy like John Wayne on the windows, or if they are on walls they cannot fire outside at all. No matter if they lie on the middle of the floor on 4th story, they still can be killed from ground level.

I see no difference in how soldiers fire from buildings between CC2 and LSAA. In CC2 they deployed against the walls just like in LSAA and all other CC titles.

quote:

MORE: Firing range seems inconsistent/wrong. If any of Matrix developers have ever been to a firing range, lets say 150m, 100m, 25m, 50m, 100m, 200m, 300m, or tried to take shots at 500m or 1km and seeing their results, they surely would have a good idea of the trajectory of a bullet, and the utter ease of hitting targets at 0-150m. Lets take examples:
I can hit a cardboard target with a pistol from 100m. Usual pistol accurate range being 25m. It is possible with an elevated shot. However: LSAA soldiers seem incapable of hitting with a rifle.
I can hit a 7.62x39 AR bullet in a target 500m away, 150m being impossible to miss the target board, even with such a "small punch" round. LSAA soldiers are mostly incapable of hitting a 7.62x54(which can fire at 1km!) rifle shots at 150m.. which would be understandable under fire, but even from ambush it seems hard for them to hit stationary targets..
The ease of firing at stationary and erect targets at short ranges is not my point however.
My point is that it seems to make no difference whether the range is 50m or 500m, which would be a HUGE difference in reality, even when only looking at the recoil caused scattering of rounds, that the smallest error in direction or elevation would become HUGE when the target it farther away. Like calculating planetary moon rocket trajectory angles into space, it becomes hard to hit a lying target that is taking cover.

I've got no combat experience but I've played scenario paintball for years. It's about as close to actual combat as you can get without having to worry about getting killed. Anyway, from my experience playing paintball and shooting at stationary targets: they're completely different. I can hit a 1 ft diameter target from 50 feet in one shot no problem, but if you were to turn that same target into a self aware enemy and have him and his buddies returning fire on me then it would probably take me anywhere from 10-100 shots to hit the same target (without me getting hit first). You can't compare the two.

quote:

In LSAA any MG is capable of huge devastation no matter cover/range. Any rifle soldier is UNcapable of landing simple shots. That is my point.

The developers have tweaked weapon values and cover protection values. The result has been that MGs, and in particular, the MG42, are way too powerful killing targets that are even behind stone walls and buildings in ambush mode. They supposedly have adjusted some values in the patch to make them less powerful but IMO they still cut through stone like butter.

quote:

Matrix prejudice against Sturmgeschütz III G? LSAA seems to really play Stug3G down in my humble opinion. Finnish StuGIIIG crews had great success against soviet T34s etc in WW2 continuation war of the Finnish theatre of war. They used big tree logs on the sides to make portable AT devices less effective and molded big concrete blocks on the bases of the turret for extra protection. They repainted and camouflaged and customized every StuGIIIG before deploying them to frontline duties. All crews were thoroughly trained and accomplished great things, like many Finns in general. The targetting speed and range and accuracy of a StuGIIIG was great, and the 7.5 cm StuK 40 L/48 main gun had good penetrating power and accuracy against enemy armor.
In LSAA however Ive had a StuG fire multiple closerange hits on ShermanV "tommyboilers" without success, while the Shermans were looking/shooting elsewhere. Those LSAA Shermans however are capable of popping out StuGs while on the move, and insta-hitting them to destruction with such an ease from much greater ranges, that it is a wonder that they dont use ShermanV tanks instead of Abrams today... Somehow its like CounterStrike game etc where people who are bunnyhopping are getting more kills/less hits, where it should be otherwise. Surely a starionary selfpropelled tank destroyer should have considerable advantage to a tommyboiler "on the move".
I think there is some hidden dislike against StuGIIIG's prowess here, whether unaware or not.

Well, all I have to say is that the first battle I played with XXX Corps, I had 2 Shermans KIA by that StugIII in two shots.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 136
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 7:47:17 AM   
Manu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q.M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Southern_land

just yourself Dude

Thats a legend list mate, hence my omission.

Can you imagine working with all those guys?

I'm ready for it! :)

(in reply to Q.M)
Post #: 137
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 8:06:22 AM   
Andrew Williams

Careful what you wish for Manoi :)

(in reply to Manu)
Post #: 138
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 11:56:45 AM   
Trash78

The patch sure makes a hell of a difference. Only real annoying thing that I keep noticing is that when you position a MG (heavy and light alike) unit or a sniper next to a low stone (garden)wall that the MG or sniper isn't able to fire "over" it while other teams like infantry can. Elevation bug or some script error?

Post #: 139
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 3:19:28 PM   
RD Oddball

SkyStrike thanks for your feedback on the build. We have opted to make improvements and patch 1 (I think you said you're using it) is the first of those. Although it's likely that we'll continue to make improvements to LSA beyond this we currently have 3 upgrades planned. The first has been released, the 2nd is in testing and we'll have one more after that as an official full patch.

quote:

BUG: When playing Campaigns with 1920x1080 resolution on a 16:9 monitor all goes fine until the map NIJMEGEN comes to play. The map is small and it gets zoomed in and stretched, probably the game trying to change resolution to smaller and selecting a non 16:9 one. When manually changed to 1600x900 though and restarted though all seems fine, but I find it inconvenient.

This is a video card issue. There are several solutions available here in the tech forum that you can try. If after trying those you're still having problems we'll be glad to help you seek other solutions.

Your personal observations have been taken into account and will be considered as we move forward with improvements. Thanks for your input!!

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 140
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 3:23:43 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

SMALL MAP BUG: NIJMEGEN BRIDGE immunity... One beam/pole whatever is capable of acting like a godly shield.

Actually, I'd have to check the map coding to be positive, but it looks like the LOS you're dragging goes right through a verticle short post that is the upright post for that guard rail. The rest of the fence should allow LOS to pass it in any instance where there is a guard gate. If not it's not something the testing process made us aware of and we can look into it further.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 141
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 3:25:03 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: zon

Vehicles have no mass! Stack 'em up, no problem. Noticed this after installing the patch. Edit: No LOS blocking either.

If this is repeatable we need more info please so we can look into this. What map? What side? Was there a set of circumstances that lead to this? Any info you can provide that you did will help verify what's going on. Thanks!

(in reply to zon)
Post #: 142
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 3:27:06 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

Strategic fire out of LOS / Strategic fire lost target.

If any of you remember CC2 mortar halftrack MG bug, where all mortars were used, the halftrack was unable to target anything, so one had to serial click V(FIRE) to get it to firce for one second manually.

In LSAA it seems the same case most of the time with ALL TEAMS, not only tanks like in this example. Teams get GREEN LOS but still they cannot LOCK the target. The MG/Tank can obviously see the enemy as it occasionally chooses to fire on "Defend" and it will fire for half a second when commanded to. Only option is to "forcefire", continuosly hitting V(FIRE) and clicking the enemy unit. It will not LOCK the target but it will fire for that half second. I find this a BUG. LOS = LOS, NO LOS = NO LOS.

The picture is a bad example as it is semi-green LOS and with tanks, but mostly this happens with infantry/MG teams with full direct LOS.

We have not been able to reproduce this issue so any settings you used for the battle/scenario you were playing along with any specific circumstances you can provide will help. Thanks!

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 143
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 3:31:24 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trash78

The patch sure makes a hell of a difference. Only real annoying thing that I keep noticing is that when you position a MG (heavy and light alike) unit or a sniper next to a low stone (garden)wall that the MG or sniper isn't able to fire "over" it while other teams like infantry can. Elevation bug or some script error?

Glad you hear you've noticed improvement. Being able to fire over a low stone fence has not been reported as of yet and has not been seen in testing so we'll need a specific instance to look at to see what this might be related to. Please take a screenshot and log any info not communicated in the screenshot. Thanks!

(in reply to Trash78)
Post #: 144
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 4:12:27 PM   
zon

quote:

ORIGINAL: RD_Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: zon

If this is repeatable we need more info please so we can look into this. What map? What side? Was there a set of circumstances that lead to this? Any info you can provide that you did will help verify what's going on. Thanks!

It's universal. Any map, any vehicle.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 145
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 4:28:56 PM   
stolidog

In regards to Strategic Fire Lost Target, I have noticed this as well

Odd in the respect that my vickers team had a perfect green LOS line and target to the enemy team, niether team was moving, the vickers fired a short burst when I gave the command to fire then it read Strategic fire Lost Target, once again niether team moved, the mg gunner's soldiers status in the team screen was not saying "can't see" either, which is typically what happens when the mg gunner can't see the target/doesn't have a clear LOS.

I have seen it several times, but the only specific map I can I recall is on the Wolheze map, brits defending buildings in middle, germans attacking from north, the LOS was going through the forest/trees though still perfectly green, I will try and post a pic

< Message edited by stolidog -- 8/6/2010 4:32:17 PM >

(in reply to zon)
Post #: 146
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 5:20:18 PM   
xe5

The massless, stackable vehicles bug is also in the release version.

(in reply to stolidog)
Post #: 147
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 5:25:24 PM   
RD Oddball

Thanks for verifying Mick. Was not seen during testing. Report has been filed.

Stolidog I added your report to the one way LOS issue to the bug report in the hopes it can be replicated so it can be fixed.

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 148
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 6:52:44 PM   
RD Oddball

quote:

ORIGINAL: xe5

Scenario editor should show double arrow connection between Son and Best.

This connection was already shown in the scenario editor I'm looking at.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 8/6/2010 6:55:08 PM >

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 149
RE: The bug thread. - 8/6/2010 8:09:32 PM   
xe5

Maps that have "double" entry/exit VLs between them, are shown on the editor strat map as having double connection arrows. Son and Best share "double" entry/exit VLs, ie. Best's 'to Son North' & 'to Son South' VLs.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> RE: The bug thread. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI