Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Im back to Distant Worlds. How is everything going?!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Im back to Distant Worlds. How is everything going?! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Im back to Distant Worlds. How is everything going?! - 8/6/2010 3:58:37 PM   
Interesting

Im back to Distant Worlds. How is everything going?!

Ive read about the 1.0.6 update. I quit due to frustration months ago, because I couldnt load my huge save games.
Is the game working 100% now?
Post #: 1
RE: Im back to Distant Worlds. How is everything going?! - 8/6/2010 4:40:04 PM   
Florestan

They are still problems here and there. The performance issue is still a big problem in late games, when you open the ships and bases screen (this seems the biggest flaw to me).
The saves and loads are much faster (2x or 3x), but are still very slow in the late games.
CodeForce still plans to update it a lot in the months to come.
The game, on the other hand, is much more playable and enjoyable.

(in reply to Interesting)
Post #: 2
RE: Im back to Distant Worlds. How is everything going?! - 8/6/2010 7:47:55 PM   
Baleur

I also didnt play it much when it was first released, also quit due to frustration.
But with the beta patches leading up to 1.0.6, its completely different. It feels a bit like when some of those games get better by an expansion that adresses many old quirks, except that this isnt an expansion, just a patch :)
And with the upcoming actual expansion, it will only get even better than the change from retail -> 1.0.6 :)
Definetly worth the reinstall / download patch hassle! I havent had it crash once, and as long as you turn off nebulas (the backgrounds in solar systems), it zooms and runs quite smooth :)

< Message edited by Baleur -- 8/6/2010 7:48:34 PM >

(in reply to Florestan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Im back to Distant Worlds. How is everything going?! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI