Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Troop loading issues - is there a fix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Troop loading issues - is there a fix? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Troop loading issues - is there a fix? - 8/12/2010 6:04:11 PM   
Spacecadet

Is there, or was there a setting to disable automatic loading of troops?

I'm trying to build up a Troop ship invasion force, but my fighting ships keep running around and loading the troops I'm building for this.

I keep having to chase down ships and have them unload troops, then redirect my Troop ships to load them up.

Sometimes another ship decides it wants to load those troops I just unloaded and it won't let me load them in the Troop ship (even though it's sitting right there), so I end up having to chase down whichever ship tried to re-load them an canceling their orders

I would really hate to have to redesign all my ships and rip out the Troop Pods, then have to retrofit all of them to prevent this.

There has to be an easier way.
Post #: 1
RE: Troop loading issues - is there a fix? - 8/13/2010 10:04:00 PM   
Bingeling

I have failed to see the problem, I mostly have the opposite one. Only my troop transports got any troops. Having a few on other ships is handy to pick off small colonies where a troop transport is a bit of a waste.

I usually make sure I have some fresh troop transports on auto at all time, and put then into invasion fleets when full. I then build some new troop transports to stimulate the AI into building enough troops. As I tend not to be very aggressive, I end up with quite large invasion fleets. Which is needed when Teekan troops start at 5500 strength...

After peace is made, I disband my invasion fleets and put them on auto again in order to make them fill themselves up. I haven't seen a troop on a destroyer for ages, maybe me Teekan AI has removed the compartments from the blueprint. I got 100+ destroyers on auto, and I'd guess some of them would get the brilliant idea to load troops if they had anywhere to put them

Also, if you put all troop carrying ships in fleets, then tend to do nothing unless you tell them to. But I figure you could want some destroyers roaming around on auto.

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 2
RE: Troop loading issues - is there a fix? - 8/14/2010 8:49:41 PM   
torrenal

For ships not in a fleet: A ship set to automate will automatically load troops.  A ship on manual control will only load troops if so ordered.

Ships in a fleet are usually on 'manual' control, but do still appear to be loading troops.
//Torrenal

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Troop loading issues - is there a fix? - 8/15/2010 4:14:05 PM   
Spacecadet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling
I have failed to see the problem, I mostly have the opposite one. Only my troop transports got any troops. Having a few on other ships is handy to pick off small colonies where a troop transport is a bit of a waste.

Well, for one I don't let the AI run off and build as many troops as it thinks it needs - too much waste.

Say I've got certain Ruin where troops built there come out stronger. I've got my Transports sitting there to load them up, but the AI decides it wants to put them on some ship doing Patrol duty in some far off corner of the Galaxy

quote:

ORIGINAL: torrenal

For ships not in a fleet: A ship set to automate will automatically load troops.  A ship on manual control will only load troops if so ordered.

Ships in a fleet are usually on 'manual' control, but do still appear to be loading troops.
//Torrenal

Yeah, this is another aspect of the problem.

Even manually controlled Fleets have ships zipping off to go load troops up - not what I want should I need that Fleet for battle.

(in reply to torrenal)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Troop loading issues - is there a fix? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI