Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tooltips in dual monitor (BETA 3.4)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Tooltips in dual monitor (BETA 3.4) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tooltips in dual monitor (BETA 3.4) - 8/12/2010 7:01:58 AM   
Santayana_slith

I usually play in the secondary monitor of a dual monitor configuration and the problem is that the tooltips keep showing in the primary monitor, even though the game window is opened in the secondary monitor. Is there any way to prevent such behavior? If it doesn't:

- Are the tooltips "lockable" to a fixed position (e.g. to the bottom right corner, a la Civilization)?
- Is there any setting to disable them altogether?

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Tooltips in dual monitor (BETA 3.4) - 8/12/2010 1:58:41 PM   
ralphtricky

You can set the tooltip show time very high which will disable them. I'll find a dual monitor and test them. That doesn't make any sense.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to Santayana_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Tooltips in dual monitor (BETA 3.4) - 8/13/2010 2:58:00 AM   
Santayana_slith

If it is of any help it happens both in Windows XP SP3 (Nvidia GT 210, driver v. 258.9) and Windows 7 (Nvidia GTX 285, driver v. 257.21).

As a side note, menu bar items don't display in W7 until you hover the pointer over them.

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 3
RE: Tooltips in dual monitor (BETA 3.4) - 8/13/2010 3:07:25 AM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Santayana

If it is of any help it happens both in Windows XP SP3 (Nvidia GT 210, driver v. 258.9) and Windows 7 (Nvidia GTX 285, driver v. 257.21).

As a side note, menu bar items don't display in W7 until you hover the pointer over them.

I borrowed a dual monitor machine and can reproduce it. I'll see if I can fix it before the production release.

I've seen the menu bar missing, but thought it since I was running under the debugger. I'll take another look at that code.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

Post #: 4
RE: Tooltips in dual monitor (BETA 3.4) - 8/13/2010 3:41:05 AM   
Santayana_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

I borrowed a dual monitor machine and can reproduce it. I'll see if I can fix it before the production release.

Wow, that was fast!
I know that you have far more important glitches to track.

On the other hand, have you considered the idea of locking the tooltips in a fixed position? They'd be equally informative and less intrusive. Just my two cents.

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 5
RE: Tooltips in dual monitor (BETA 3.4) - 8/13/2010 4:42:24 AM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Santayana

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

Wow, that was fast!
I know that you have far more important glitches to track.

On the other hand, have you considered the idea of locking the tooltips in a fixed position? They'd be equally informative and less intrusive. Just my two cents.

Actually, at the moment, there aren't any major glitches that can be fixed before release<knocks on wood>. I've fixed the problem with dual monitors but can't test it until Monday. I've put down the fixed position for tooltips as an item for 3.5. There have been a half-dozen items, but they're all pretty small potatoes overall.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Tooltips in dual monitor (BETA 3.4) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI