Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 12:39:00 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior
driven off by Isaac Sweers, who ever he is.

Obviously selective loss of painful memories of the Anglo-Dutch Wars.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 1531
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 2:06:08 AM   
aprezto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

You could probably drink all that and still drive home safely.

untrue...i would most likely hit someone from behind cuz i'm too busy cleaning the piss off my trousers and seat...

You need a japanese car with the 'special' added extra. Oh wait, wrong time period, we have another 3-4 years to wait before you can purchase said upgrade.

Image courtesy of Divepac

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 1532
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 2:27:05 AM   
Mynok

quote:

probably the same community that this guy is from...

This is why you see beat up pickup trucks on the side of the highway and two rednecks staggering into the woods around the southern US.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 1533
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 3:41:56 AM   
perkinh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

probably the same community that this guy is from...

This is why you see beat up pickup trucks on the side of the highway and two rednecks staggering into the woods around the southern US.

Why stagger to the woods...just open your door, step out and let it hang. Remember to watch the zipper when you quickly stuff it back in to talk to the officer.

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine.... is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 1534
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 6:27:55 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Gentlemen, gentlemen. There might be women about....ummm...probably not.

Better days for the good guys. A bunch of balsawood Nells shot down but wave after wave of LYB bombers did get the runway damage up to 51% at NE.

Nagato is supporting a landing of more troops at NP, now 63,000 . 2nd Marine Regt. just arrived at NP from NE and I ordered the last Bn of armor back to New Perth.

The Jap carriers disappeared again despite clear weather It could be the old jimmy-leg double back trick that the Japs have uses 3 or 4 times already but I started some cheap Fillipino AK's up toward New Endinburgh. I sent a demi-squadron of A-24's to NE to try to get Nagato. One squadron of P-40's to sweep over New Ullapool. We shall see. Allied carriers not ready yet to support the relief effort but if the carriers are gone this is the time to go.

Supply at NE down to 17,500 with only about 4,000 at NP. The burn rate is definitely over 1000 tons per day with the air activity.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 1535
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 6:33:02 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Hilariously, the same chowderheads who told me Akagi was sunk now tell me it is two different places ON THE SAME DAY. One of them is Port Moresby which seems a silly place to stash a Jap carrier.

Rabaul has 53 ships in harbor.....hmmmmm...maybe many of thsoe are damaged transports from New Scotland....but still.

Air losses for the 28th of April battles. From now on, in the interests of self aggrandizement, we will just post the good results.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 1536
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 6:40:49 AM   
Cap Mandrake

So I am getting on this elevator today by myself and as I enter the phone rings. I was oddly excited to be so important so, as the door closes, I go to answer it. Just as the door closes I have an epiphany.

I think to myself. "Wait a minute! That either has to be the fire department calling to give me a citation for playing with the fire call button (I swear I didn't do it) OR it is some crazy extortionist with a remote control bomb in the elevator shaft. Maybe I shouldn't answer?..................You idiot, just pick up the phone and quit being such a limp wrist".

I pick it up. No explosion. It was my almuni association looking for money.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/12/2010 6:45:14 AM >

Post #: 1537
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 11:05:41 AM   
LoBaron

LOL. Nice one!

Reminds me of a nice week I spent in the Austrian Alps. Perfect weather for climbing, it was not too hot but clear sky.
I was at about 4000ft in a short wall (I am not a freeclimber, but enjoy the occasional thrill of climbing a few rocks if I can see the next plateau).
Just me, the sound of birds, the wind and occasional noise of small rocks falling, completely at peace with nature.

And the sound of my mobile phone....wha??...completely surprized I actually answered the call.

"Sir, can you spare a few minutes? We are doing a poll about marketing and sports, I´d like to know if any soccer teams and their corresponding
sponsors come to your mind?"
I was so taken aback that I responded very earnest: "Sorry madam, no, I am just hanging in a wall..."
The call ended shortly afterwards with an obviousely unbelieving I-wish-I´d-get-an-euro-for-every-wiseass-response "Yeh...sure...thank you
for your time Sir..."

Then next 5 minutes I had to concentrate really hard not to loose my grip while laughing...

Post #: 1538
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 12:28:50 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

So I am getting on this elevator today by myself and as I enter the phone rings. I was oddly excited to be so important so, as the door closes, I go to answer it. Just as the door closes I have an epiphany.

I think to myself. "Wait a minute! That either has to be the fire department calling to give me a citation for playing with the fire call button (I swear I didn't do it) OR it is some crazy extortionist with a remote control bomb in the elevator shaft. Maybe I shouldn't answer?..................You idiot, just pick up the phone and quit being such a limp wrist".

I pick it up. No explosion. It was my almuni association looking for money.

Why would your alumni association be calling your elevator?

< Message edited by Onime No Kyo -- 8/12/2010 12:29:22 PM >

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 1539
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 1:29:36 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

driven off by Isaac Sweers, who ever he is.

Obviously selective loss of painful memories of the Anglo-Dutch Wars.

One of the many officers of De Ruyter if i remenber correctly my work on these wars ?

Post #: 1540
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 2:55:56 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Why would your alumni association be calling your elevator?

There is always one. I bet you told your little cousins that Santa Claus wasn't real when you were 5, right?

Post #: 1541
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 3:41:56 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

LOL. Nice one!

Reminds me of a nice week I spent in the Austrian Alps. Perfect weather for climbing, it was not too hot but clear sky.
I was at about 4000ft in a short wall (I am not a freeclimber, but enjoy the occasional thrill of climbing a few rocks if I can see the next plateau).
Just me, the sound of birds, the wind and occasional noise of small rocks falling, completely at peace with nature.

And the sound of my mobile phone....wha??...completely surprized I actually answered the call.

"Sir, can you spare a few minutes? We are doing a poll about marketing and sports, I´d like to know if any soccer teams and their corresponding
sponsors come to your mind?"
I was so taken aback that I responded very earnest: "Sorry madam, no, I am just hanging in a wall..."
The call ended shortly afterwards with an obviousely unbelieving I-wish-I´d-get-an-euro-for-every-wiseass-response "Yeh...sure...thank you
for your time Sir..."

Then next 5 minutes I had to concentrate really hard not to loose my grip while laughing...

How far down was your next safety point?

The highest and best use of an otherwise annoying marketing call is the spoof.

I got this call once (at home):

Nice sounding woman without an Indian accent: Hi, Mr. Mandrake?

Mr. Mandrake: Why yes, yes it is? How did you know?

Nice sounding woman without an Indian accent: <Ignoring my question she launches into her pitch which is one of those annoying pre-pay restaurant cards, she is halfway through the list of restaurants when I stop her>

Mr. Mandrake: WOW! This is fantastic! The food is terrible here! I don't care what it costs, I 'll take one!

Nice sounding woman without an Indian accent: <she literally giggles she is so excited..probably her first sale>

Mr. Mandrake: Oh, wait. I just thought of something. Do they deliver?

Nice sounding woman without an Indian accent: Well, let's see, several of them have take out.

Mr. Mandrake: Oh, that won't do. I can't leave. <I have a fleeting sense of guilt..then I am over it>

Nice sounding woman without an Indian accent: Oh, well it's good for a whole year.

Mr. Mandrake: Well, I might be out in two with good behavior.

Nice sounding woman without an Indian accent:I'm sorry <now a somewhat alarmed sound in her voice>

Mr. Mandrake: Yes, you've reached the exercise yard at San Quentin. See that's why I need delivery.

Nice sounding woman without an Indian accent: Oh...I'm so terribly sorry. Perhaps this isn't such a good idea.

Mr. Mandrake: Oh, no. Don't hang up. I don't get to talk to women very often.

Nice sounding woman without an Indian accent: But sir, I, I really can't. My spervisor is telling me...to...

Mr. Mandrake: Oh, please. Can you come see me on Sunday after 11:00? You have been so nice.

Nice sounding woman without an Indian accent: Oh, no, I really can't. I am so sorry. I really have to...<line goes dead>

Sure..it was mean, but she called me during G&T time.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/12/2010 3:42:48 PM >

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 1542
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 4:07:11 PM   
LoBaron

Only about 4 metres, otherwise I would not have picked up the phone. Was in my jeans with vibration set to "on", thats why it seemed like
a good idea back then. 
Still not something I will repeat in the near future.

I guess you did not hear from her anymore? But most probably you were the origin of one of those
"guess what happened today at work" stories... 

Post #: 1543
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 4:39:00 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: aprezto

quote:

quote:

You could probably drink all that and still drive home safely.

untrue...i would most likely hit someone from behind cuz i'm too busy cleaning the piss off my trousers and seat...

You need a japanese car with the 'special' added extra. Oh wait, wrong time period, we have another 3-4 years to wait before you can purchase said upgrade.

oooh! put me on the wait list!

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 1544
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 4:48:58 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

Sure..it was mean, but she called me during G&T time.

i find that i can occasionally still use the billy crystal voice from Running Scared:
"Oh, no! You see, I'm watching the new "Jeopardy!" and a man just lost a Bible question because he did not know what Deuteronomy wa-as..."

and you're right...that was just mean!

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Post #: 1545
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/12/2010 4:50:45 PM   
BBfanboy

I thought the answer was obvious ... the Alumni Association knows where you are at all times - their SIGINT is perfect.
Furthermore they have complete intel on phone numbers and elevator upgrades ...

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 1546
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 3:11:05 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Situation..Northern Oz

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1547
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 3:30:25 AM   
Mynok

Methinks you should expect some tourists at Darwin soon. Otherwise those Jap paras are just doing some soil testing.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

Post #: 1548
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 3:39:05 AM   
BBfanboy

"Chronic inebriates" is redundant. The flag identifies the group as Aussies

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 1549
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 5:00:43 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Methinks you should expect some tourists at Darwin soon. Otherwise those Jap paras are just doing some soil testing.

Yes...it is possible to LYB's with fine silk chutes are there to cut off the retreat path from Darwin. But if they are planning a frontal attack at Darwin, then why would they waste a whole division at Wyndham?

I think Lord Admiral Sprior is right. They mean to cut the land link to Darwin and reduce it by air or beseige it and let them starve. We are getting close to shutting down the airfield at Wyndham which means we could pound it relentlessly, putting the 5th Div on a fragile supply tether. Already, the 5th Div has no air cover and is geting hammered (bombed not drunk)every day.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 1550
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 6:09:04 AM   
Mynok

Only the Great Manitou knows why they stuck their best division at such a breeding ground for crocodiles and sand fleas to be sure.

And they certainly seem to be feeding a lot of their free LYBs into the fray at New Ullapool....but still. Floaties rarely arrive sans backup. Even for Tojo's insane smurfs.

Post #: 1551
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 2:34:10 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Only the Great Manitou knows why they stuck their best division at such a breeding ground for crocodiles and sand fleas to be sure.

And they certainly seem to be feeding a lot of their free LYBs into the fray at New Ullapool....but still. Floaties rarely arrive sans backup. Even for Tojo's insane smurfs.

Yes. Will not be many moons until Great Manitou shows us sign. When beaver slaps tail three times, Little Yellow Bastards come.

They will absolutely need a minimum of two divisions in good working order to take Darwin by amphibious landing. 18th Div is midling in terms of experience and we lost most of a brigade on New Japanese Timor.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 1552
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 3:19:29 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Yes. Will not be many moons until Great Manitou shows us sign. When beaver slaps tail three times, Little Yellow Bastards come.

So, what did you think of the rendition of "Death of a Salesman" then?

Post #: 1553
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 4:17:39 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

So, what did you think of the rendition of "Death of a Salesman" then?

Too much mediocrity or sub-mediocrity goin' on. I always thought it might have been better done as a musical.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1554
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 7:06:25 PM   
Chickenboy

What about 'The Reluctant Debutant'? I understand that after heap big fight in which many Pawnee were killed, the attendance at this performance was heavy.

Post #: 1555
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 8:32:48 PM   
sprior

Naval engagement off Darwin:

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo, Shell hits 2
CA Mogami, Shell hits 2
CL Natori, Shell hits 1
CL Yura, Shell hits 2
DD Yukikaze, Shell hits 2
DD Tokitsukaze, Shell hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Shigure, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Hatsuharu, Shell hits 2, on fire

Allied Ships
DD Vampire, Shell hits 4, heavy fires
DD Witte de With, Shell hits 5, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Evertsen, Shell hits 4, and is sunk
DD Piet Hein, Shell hits 3
DD Van Ghent, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Stronghold, Shell hits 6, and is sunk
DD Express, Shell hits 9, heavy fires, heavy damage

Sadly all the allied participants were finished off by ALB airpower.

Attachment (1)

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1556
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 8:33:46 PM   
sprior

And Zuiho took a torpedog up the chuff.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 1557
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 8:48:02 PM   
witpqs

Bully, bully, Sprior! Which was the adroit sub?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 1558
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 9:30:30 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Bully, bully, Sprior! Which was the adroit sub?

Here is a clue. Her keel was laid down in 1919 That is a serious return on investment.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/13/2010 9:31:09 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1559
RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... - 8/13/2010 9:31:11 PM   
Cap Mandrake

S-41

Post #: 1560
Page:   <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Springtime for Tojo and Ni-i-ppon.... Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI