Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/11/2010 3:31:20 PM   
vettim89

I think you can make on map training a little less painful by just setting asaide one day per game month where you will go look at all the units in training. The changes do occur nicely at a pretty steady state but the increments of importance take at least a month. Yes, you may have some well qualified pilots sit in training units for a an extra week or so but in the long run it realy won't matter. Designate your training units and leave them alone.

So you will still have to do the click fest that involves moving the pilots but only once every 10 to 14 days depending on your game pace.

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 181
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/11/2010 4:39:41 PM   
witpqs

FYI for later, there is one legacy item that is very annoying and time consuming, and it seems to start in early to mid-'43.

So you have your pilot training in hand, you've built up some well trained pilots in the pools. You look at one of your hot shot front-line fighter units with pilots all in the 70's A2A skill and notice a bunch of pilots have arrived with A2A skill in the 50's, 40's, and low 60's. These are 'experienced' new arrivals that are in the database and go directly to their units.

So you pop them into general reserve. Later, instead of pulling green pilots into training squadrons, you pull in these pilots from general reserve. The problem here is the click-time it takes. You need to select 'get veteran'; click until 'reserve' is selected; click to sort by 'air' skill; scroll down to the worst fighter pilot on the 'air' skill list; click to select the pilot; answer 'yes'; the list always jumps back to the top - so you have to scroll or jump to the bottom of the fighter pilots again. When you are doing dozens of pilots this last bit is what takes all the time.

It's the same deal with bomber, etc. pilots. I just used fighter pilots as an example.

If the interface were improved so that the list did not jump back to the top every time you pulled a pilot from the list that change would save a great deal of player click time.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 182
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/11/2010 5:01:54 PM   
Canoerebel

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 183
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/11/2010 5:16:37 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

FYI for later, there is one legacy item that is very annoying and time consuming, and it seems to start in early to mid-'43.

So you have your pilot training in hand, you've built up some well trained pilots in the pools. You look at one of your hot shot front-line fighter units with pilots all in the 70's A2A skill and notice a bunch of pilots have arrived with A2A skill in the 50's, 40's, and low 60's. These are 'experienced' new arrivals that are in the database and go directly to their units.

So you pop them into general reserve. Later, instead of pulling green pilots into training squadrons, you pull in these pilots from general reserve. The problem here is the click-time it takes. You need to select 'get veteran'; click until 'reserve' is selected; click to sort by 'air' skill; scroll down to the worst fighter pilot on the 'air' skill list; click to select the pilot; answer 'yes'; the list always jumps back to the top - so you have to scroll or jump to the bottom of the fighter pilots again. When you are doing dozens of pilots this last bit is what takes all the time.

It's the same deal with bomber, etc. pilots. I just used fighter pilots as an example.

If the interface were improved so that the list did not jump back to the top every time you pulled a pilot from the list that change would save a great deal of player click time.

+1.

My work around for these 'green' surprise pilots with marginal skills is to put them into the front lines anyways. They wanna volunteer and jump the line? OK-have at it. I won't rotate them out and ship them to the General Reserve like I would others.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 184
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/11/2010 7:22:33 PM   
Mistmatz

The worst part is that they managed to not jump to the top of the list after selecting on other occasions, eg vessel into TF selection. So the technique was there, just not used for the pilot pool table...

If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_the_Pacific:_Admiral%27s_Edition_Wiki

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 185
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/11/2010 10:23:33 PM   
Grfin Zeppelin

Ah if you click again at their air skill or any other, the list is reversed and the worst one are on top and stay there.
Also if you select the pilots with a mouse click and confirm it using the "y" key it goes pretty fast.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 186
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/11/2010 10:56:57 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Ah if you click again at their air skill or any other, the list is reversed and the worst one are on top and stay there.
Also if you select the pilots with a mouse click and confirm it using the "y" key it goes pretty fast.

The problem is that fighter, bomber, etc. pilots are all mixed together. So, using A2A skill as an example, the very worst A2A pilots will be non-fighter pilots. The worst A2A fighter pilots, which are the ones you want to train in A2A, will always be in the middle of the list, no matter which direction you sort it.

(in reply to Grfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 187
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/11/2010 11:16:52 PM   
Grfin Zeppelin

Ah ok now I understand what kind of problem you mean. Yer right of course. Personaly I absoluetly love pilot managment and I babysit them to the extreme.The interface is sadly very clumsy.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 188
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/12/2010 12:55:33 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

The problem is that fighter, bomber, etc. pilots are all mixed together. So, using A2A skill as an example, the very worst A2A pilots will be non-fighter pilots. The worst A2A fighter pilots, which are the ones you want to train in A2A, will always be in the middle of the list, no matter which direction you sort it.

I don't select pilots for training squadrons from the Group or General Reserve, do you?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 189
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/12/2010 3:35:45 AM   
witpqs

When I say 'training squadrons' I just mean on-map squadrons that I am using for training. The permanently restricted squadrons in USA are a great example, but any squadron will do.

And, yes I do. I want all my fighter pilots in general reserve to be minimum 70 A2A skill, for example. So I select any lower skilled ones and train them up.

< Message edited by witpqs -- 8/12/2010 3:36:16 AM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 190
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/12/2010 3:46:47 PM   
Canoerebel

1/24/42 to 1/26/42

China Connection Severed: The Japanese began landing at Kwangchoan, China, on the 26th. That will sever the effective, efficient air-transport pipeline running to this base from Bataan. While the pipeline was operating, the Allies managed to transfer sizeable cadres of Asiatit Fleet HQ and about five base force units. These troops are making for Kweilin and, ultimately, will probably be transferred to Ledo by air transport. The PBY squadrons used in this operation are splitting up. Some are heading to Sabang to help with the extraction of units from Malaya and Sumatra. Some are heading to Cagayan where they are being used to transport infantry TO Bataan.

Japanese Advances: A Japanese regiment landed and took Koumac. Dem Passar also fell. The Japanese are resting at Singapore and Clark Field at the moment.

Japanese Carriers: One Mini KB was sighted at Balikpan - probably refueling. I'm pretty sure the KB is still hanging around New Caledonia.

Stingers: CL Sumatra just arrived at Soerabaja. She will "visit" Dem Passar tonight and then make for Perth. Far to the north, a three USN DD TF has been set to "visit" Shikuka, but has been hanging around just east of the Kuriles. Something has prevented the TF from carrying through, but I'll give it one more turn.

Burma: The Allies bugged out of the forward bases ahead of the Japanese, which now hold Rangoon.

Japanese Intentions: I still don't have a good feel for where Q-Ball will head next. Oz seems the logical target given all the attention given there, but I have a hunch the target mgiht be India and/or Ceylon. Hawaii is my third guess.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 191
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/13/2010 10:39:10 PM   
Canoerebel

1/27/42 to 1/30/42

Pressure Point: Singapore withstood a 1:1 deliberate attack on the 30th. The attack dropped forts from three to two and inflicted greater casualties on the Allies. However, it now appears certain that the Allied garrison will hold out until early February - something I had thought impossible two weeks ago. This is an important matter because each day gives my retreating units in Burma that much more time to make it to safety. Also, in about fifteen days another Australian division will arrive at Aden. These troops will probably go to India rather than to Oz. And the Allied carriers will rendezvous at Capetown in two weeks. That should put them in a position to attack should Q-Ball decide to invade Ceylong, Abbu, or Diego Garcia.

Clark Field: Miller hasn't even tried another attack here. He only has two divisions present, so he may be awaiting reinforcements. Supplies are getting low, but I bet the Allies will hold Bataan for at least another month.

Envelopement: The Oz squeeze play continues. The Japanese have taken Exmouth, on the southwest coast, and have landed at Koumac and LaFoa on New Caledonia. An Aussie division is on the way - loaded up transports in three or four widely spaced convoys making their way to Adelaide from Colombo. The closest is probably at least two weeks from making landfall. I am diverting to Oz a tank regiment that was heading to Suva - primarily because the island is low on supplies and may be difficult to hold. Meanwhile, Queen Elizabeth is east of Christmas Island making her way to San Diego. When she arrives, I'll purchase the third regiment of the division (41st?) slated for Oz - the first regiment is at Sydney and the second is well on its way.

Hawaii: A regiment assigned to Pacific HQ just arrived at San Diego and is boarding transports bound for Hilo. A second such regiment will arrive in a day or two and will then head for the city across the island from Hilo. A Marine Raider battalion just finished unloading at Midway.

Stingers: A three-DD TF just made for Shikuka, but was intercepted by an IJN CL/DD force. The Allies lost a DD.

Subs: I-22 picked off a DD at Pago Pago; Gar got an xAKL near Wakkanai while KX got an xAK near Billiton Island.

Java: The Japanese have landed on Java - weeks ago - but haven't moved in strength yet on Batavia (defended by 300 AV) or Soerabaja (600+ AV). Dutch bombers managed a hit on an APD near Mataram on the 29th.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 192
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/13/2010 11:36:27 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Clark Field: Miller hasn't even tried another attack here. He only has two divisions present, so he may be awaiting reinforcements. Supplies are getting low, but I bet the Allies will hold Bataan for at least another month.

He's everywhere!!! He's everywhere!!!

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 193
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/13/2010 11:39:38 PM   
Canoerebel

1/31/42

Singapore: I think Brad forgot to change orders for his troops; they attacked again, this time at 1:2 odds, didn't touch forts, and suffered high casualties. My guys made it to February!

Sub Wars: KXVII got two xAK near Zamboanga. Trusty, positioned in the Sunda Strait (between Java and Sumatra) tangled with a TF that included CA Atago, CL Jintsu, and at least five DD includng Hibiki and Asashio. Does that sound like a carrier force to you? IE, do those ships begin the game paired with carriers, or are they usually a combat TF. I could open a new game to see, but it's been a long day and I'm waxing lazy.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 194
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/14/2010 12:09:00 AM   
Grollub

They are part of a normal SCTF, covering the Kota Bharu landings in the beginning of the game.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 195
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/14/2010 1:27:29 AM   
Canoerebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
quote:

He's everywhere!!! He's everywhere!!!

Dang it, you caught me, Bullwinkle! I've done that kind of thing all my life. But I've tried really, really hard not to call Brad by Miller's name in this AAR. It probably won't be the last time...but I'm crossing my fingers that I don't call my wife "Miller" tonight.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 8/14/2010 1:28:26 AM >

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 196
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/14/2010 1:38:34 AM   
Cribtop

quote:

Dang it, you caught me, Bullwinkle! I've done that kind of thing all my life. But I've tried really, really hard not to call Brad by Miller's name in this AAR. It probably won't be the last time...but I'm crossing my fingers that I don't call my wife "Miller" tonight.

Ewwww....

Great news on Singers.

With co-ordinated attacks at Exmouth and New Caledonia, I believe you can feel confident that Oz is the target. The question is - will Q-Ball go for a mainland invasion, or will he look to isolate Oz by seizing the NW corner and New Caledonia? If the former, assume Perth and Townsville will come under attack. If the latter, look to your defenses at New Zealand and/or Suva.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 197
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/14/2010 1:42:44 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

...but I'm crossing my fingers that I don't call my wife "Miller" tonight.

Better than "Bud."

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 198
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/14/2010 2:20:01 AM   
Canoerebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop
With co-ordinated attacks at Exmouth and New Caledonia, I believe you can feel confident that Oz is the target. The question is - will Q-Ball go for a mainland invasion, or will he look to isolate Oz by seizing the NW corner and New Caledonia? If the former, assume Perth and Townsville will come under attack. If the latter, look to your defenses at New Zealand and/or Suva.

We're so early in the game that I'm sending all available units to the destinations that pose auto-victory concerns: India, Australia, and Hawaii. Well, add a fourth location: Pago Pago.

That means I'm leaving the defenses unaugmented at places like New Caledonia, New Zealand, Suva, Port Moresby (since taken) and the western Aleutians. That's the way it's got to be, for now, but I can also use penetrations in those areas - if there are any - to my advantage later in the game. (IE, I have this plan...muh ha ha ha!).

Oz seems like the logical target, but I'm dividing my reinforcements between all three. I'll also have my carriers positioned to come to India's aid, should that become necessary. And, in the event Oz should become imperiled, the carriers can get there fairly soon.

My carriers can't respond to any threat to Hawaii, but pretty soon I'll have enough troops on the ground there to make even an effort to seize the non-Pearl bases somewhat problematic for Q-Ball.

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 199
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/14/2010 2:28:20 AM   
Cribtop

Makes sense, Canoe. My thought is simply that the relatively early seizure of New Cal makes it at least possible that he's going for some sort of Oz isolation strategy rather than a full bore PzB style invasion. Of course, you never know...

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 200
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/14/2010 8:17:22 PM   
John 3rd

Dan--I think you are wise to spread your reinforcements. It is now late enough that once he frees up a chunk of his army (Singapore) you should know within a month where he is going to go for 'the' thrust.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 201
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/16/2010 8:03:38 PM   
Canoerebel

2/1/42

A quiet turn except for the Japanese landing at Carnarvon, Australia, plus the lengthy que of Allied ships undergoing upgrades.

Auto Victory:  A player of Q-Ball's ability can shoot for auto victory - an enticing goal, and one that unsettles me as the Allied player.  The Japanese player has to develop and implement a well-thought-out and effective plan to achieve a 4:1 points ratio by 1/1/43 or else the chance vanishes and the Allies will eventually win the game barring unusual circumstances.  I am proceeding on the assumption that Q-Ball will try to achieve auto-victory, so here's an analysis of how things stand by theater:

NoPac:  All is quiet here except for the Allied stinger missions against Shikuka.  I expect Brad to make a move on the western Aleutians come spring.  I want to land some reinforcements here, but other places take priority.  So he'll probably be able to pick up some islands cheaply. The path to auto-victory doesn't pass through the Aleutians, so these are low priority. Moreover, whatever Brad takes I can later use to draw his attention to this region if I want to create a feint.

CenPac:  My first concern is Midway and the Hawaiin Islands as these are one of the three pathways to auto victory, in my opinion.  About 140 AV are ashore at Midway.  Lihue's garrisoned has been beefed up by a Marine CD unit.  A regiment each are aboard transports heading to Hilo and the base across the big island. Once these reinforcements are in place I will begin attending to some of the other outposts in this area - Palmyra, Christmas, etc.  Thus far CenPac has been very quiet except for a few submarines nosing around.

SoPac:  I don't think SoPac is on a pathway to auto-victory, so except for Pago Pago (and eventually Tahiti), this region is far down the priority list at the moment.  I expect Brad to take Noumea shortly; I think Suva will be on his list; I doubt he'll venture as far out as Pago Pago, but that could change.  I will concede New Zealand if I have to - I prefer to protect Australia.  SoPac has been quiet except for New Caledonia and the New Hebrides, plus a sub lurking at Pago Pago.

SWPac:  Oz is a major concern as the Japanese are landing as far south as Carnarvon, and a land unit is moving south from Coen to Cooktown.  Brad has gone about as far as he can, now, without committing to a major operation that would trouble me greatly.  Reinforcements - and Australian division and two more US Army regiments - are on the way, but Brad might try to implement a blockade if he has serious intentions towards Oz. 

Ceylon/India:  Japan hasn't done anything to suggest that an invasion in this region is coming, but I'm still very suspicious.  Another Australian division arrives at Aden in a few weeks, and I think I'll send it to India.  Unless, that is, Brad does something in the meantime to confirm that he is focusing on Oz rather than India.  Nothings going to happen until Singapore falls, but that won't be long now.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 8/16/2010 8:05:45 PM >

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 202
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/17/2010 1:34:12 AM   
John 3rd

Do you REALLY think that India is vulnerable to an all-out Japanese attack?

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 203
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/17/2010 1:46:41 AM   
Canoerebel

I think AE is too new for anyone to know for sure. The consensus seems to be that conquering ALL of India is all but impossible, yet it's an idea that occurs to every Japanese player. They mull over it; they drool over a massed landing at some poorly defended coastal base; they relish the thought of armored units and infantry divisions moving through swaths of poorly defended terrain; and they worry about all the unknowns.

It would not surprise me at all if Brad targeted Ceylon and/or northeast India. It WOULD suprise me if he went after the entire sub-continent, but I'm still considering the possibility.

The fact that he has four more infantry divisions to work with adds to my worry.

Hence the positioning of the Allied carriers at Capetown, where they can come to the aid of India or Australia in a pinch.

What do you think, John?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 204
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/17/2010 2:23:54 AM   
John 3rd

I like the India Gambit. Have to admit that. The idea of taking ALL of India to me in insane and not at all realistic. You are accurate in your thinking there I believe.

Your CVs are well placed to cause some serious trouble if that is his thrust. If he moves elsewhere then you will have significant problems in trying to fight his thrust. With as good of a player as you are, I believe that your 'gut' feelings will lead you in the right direction and your bases will be well covered.

Must say there is one other clue to his thinking and that is the total absence of Japanese moves into the Indian Theatre. This perks up my antenna when it comes to intentions. Course I could be TOTALLY wrong!

My .02 for whatever this counts...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 205
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/17/2010 2:28:43 AM   
Canoerebel

If "total lack of attention" is an indication - and I often think it is - then both India and Hawaii have been equally ignored. For whatever reason, though, my hunch is "India" rather than "Hawaii."

I do think that the Allied carriers will eventually get a crack at something nice if I'm patient and time things correctly. I can insert my carriers into the Indian Ocean pretty quickly and pounce on anything short of the full KB.

As you say, my carriers are out of position to help in the Pacific, but the only place that's vital in that region is Hawaii, and given a little more time to reinforce that will be mainly a ground/air battle.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 206
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/17/2010 3:47:17 AM   
Cribtop

Hawaii is tough and an "all or nothing" proposition. NE India and/or Ceylon can be taken with the objective of fixing Allied attention at a place of his choosing while preventing an early Allied attack in Burma. You may be on to something. His moves in Oz could be seen as a buffer zone strategy, leaving room for India on Q-Ball's plate. Perhaps his goal is to seize buffers standing in the way of both common AE AFB lines of attack, namely Burma and Timor/DEI. If either one looks promising he can go all in, but if not he still achieves important objectives without putting his head in a noose.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 207
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/17/2010 3:37:38 PM   
John 3rd

Concur with Cribtop's thinking here.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 208
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/17/2010 4:07:21 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

Your CVs are well placed to cause some serious trouble if that is his thrust.

I don't know. If he keeps the KB together you CV's, even with British help, are just going to sink in a different ocean. It's hard to stand up to his 6 CV's. You just don't have the aircraft and number of ships. Now, if he splits them, and you get a bit of land based help, perhaps you can cause some harm. For once the allies might be closer to a dry-dock than the Japanese. Still risky, but as the allies you have to resist somewhere. Make sure you have plenty of search aircraft (well, as many as you can get), force identification and early warning will help.

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 209
RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) - 8/17/2010 4:12:47 PM   
Canoerebel

2/2/42

Australia:  The Japanese take Carnarvon.  On the west coast, they now have the ports from Carnarvon north to Derby and Broome.  On the NE side, they have Horn Island and Coen and a unit is about to arrive at Cooktown.  Darwin will be targeted soon - an obvious target that doesn't expose Japan to any threats, though it does require a reasonable commitment of troops.  The big question is whether the Japanese will move on either Perth or Townsville.  That's what I'm waiting to see.

India:  SigInt reports an engineer unit prepping for Colombo.  Early in the game I got a report of a division prepping for Diamond Harbor.  Could be disinformation or could be the real thing.

Reinforcements:  Queen Elizabeth is two or three days out of San Diego.  She has time for one more trip to Oz and will carry most of a RCT.  I just noticed that the coastal artillery unit I transported to Hilo is set to withdraw in about four weeks.    My bad.  Two Raider battalions just arrived at San Diego.  One goes to Palmyra and the other to Christmas Island.  I have transports strung out between Ceylon and Oz in the Indian Ocean carrying reinforcements to Adelaide.  I'm a bit worried that Q-Ball will be waiting for this move with Glen-equipped subs and either combat ships or a Mini-KB.  The TFs are widely spaced, though, so if disaster happens it should be limited in scope.

John/Cribtop:  Thanks for the comments (and to all the other guys posting; I read everything even though I may not always reply).  Such a plan by Brad (creating buffers for the DEI and Burma) would be a wise plan, but it would suit me very well if that's all Brad was up to.  That plan would not represent a threat of auto-victory. But Brad is aggressive enough, and has already moved very far very fast, that I expect something big somewhere at some point within the next few months.

JohnDillworth: Yes, your right. I have no intention of taking on the full KB. I won't use my carriers unless I get an opportunity to ambush a weaker carrier force (a Mini KB) or a juicy combat or transport TF.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 8/17/2010 4:13:58 PM >

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI