Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Could we get the beta patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Could we get the beta patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Could we get the beta patch? - 12/5/2000 11:47:00 AM   
Pack Rat

I can completly understand if Matrix is concerned with releasing a patch with just one or two fixes. However in the time between now and the holidays when the full fix is hopefully coming, could you please put the VCR patch some where for download. I've got all my pbem down to almost nothing and hate to take on any more. ------------------ Your mine is a terrible thing to lose. Pack Rat

PR
Post #: 1
- 12/5/2000 3:48:00 PM   
Bonzo

Let's get one patch & be done with it. If it's out in the new year, so be it. The game is playable right now & I'm sure Tom will want to spend a little time getting re-aquainted with the family over the holidays. Most games, you wait 6 months or more for a patch. How many has Matrix given us in that time? Let's give Matrix time to do it all & do it right. ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 2
- 12/5/2000 7:05:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

Pack Rat - You are right. I like to have that VCR-fix too. Like very soon........ Like right now. PLEASE! [This message has been edited by Peregrine Falcon (edited December 05, 2000).] [This message has been edited by Peregrine Falcon (edited December 05, 2000).]

--Peregrine Falcon--

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 3
- 12/6/2000 1:30:00 AM   
AbnAirCav

quote:

Originally posted by Bonzo: The game is playable right now ...
  Heh, heh, that's funny.   As I'm sure you know, for those who PBEM it's not really "playable". I'll be PBEM'ing Combat Mission and East Front until the patch comes out, so I can wait, but it comes across a little arrogant, IMHO, to dismiss the PBEM'ers who see this as a "show stopper".   Since Tom's fixed the problem, I'd sure love to see it distributed as soon as possible. (I understand TGN's servers are acting up, so I guess it'll be a day or so, at the earliest.)

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 4
- 12/6/2000 5:54:00 AM   
Slayer

Yeah, having the patch now would be great. I have a pair of games with 2 of my friends that I am waiting to start, but won't until we have a working VCR...

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 5
- 12/6/2000 6:47:00 AM   
Fuerte

While I would like to have a VCR fix as soon as possible, I still want to have a "final" tested 5.5 version rather than a beta. We have already waited for months, so a couple of days more does not hurt much. Did I say 5.5? I must have meant 4.5? [This message has been edited by Fuerte (edited December 05, 2000).]

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 6
- 12/6/2000 8:19:00 AM   
Pack Rat

I was just thinking in terms of the VCR patch, not the other fixes. If it a stand alone, I'd be happy to post it to a web address. ------------------ Your mine is a terrible thing to lose. Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 7
- 12/7/2000 11:48:00 PM   
Fuerte

Ok, I take back what I said. Can we have the patch now?

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 8
- 12/8/2000 12:59:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Soon companeros...very soon. We are testing and working hard to get it out to you...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 9
- 12/8/2000 7:22:00 PM   
Hortlund

Now, I dont want to beg or anything, but Please please please *begging on knees* make sure that the patch will take care of the immortal leaders bug too. Please Steve ------------------ Panzerjaeger Hortlund -=Fear is only a state of mind=-

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Could we get the beta patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI