Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/23/2010 2:51:18 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Absolutely love the new version. The 'Base Load' calculation is priceless for figuring out island garrisons.

One little glitch. Twice now, a few turns apart, Tracker has erroneously reported that zillions of my ships upgraded. See screenshot below.

FYI, I started a new Tracker database with the new Tracker code release.

EDIT TO ADD: In case I am being unclear, the list went on for pages on end and might have included all of my ships!

Thanks witpqs,
we know about it and it will continue every 5 turns until we release an interim (soonish) ... a bit of an oversight by us ~ sorry;
The error comes from us trying to improve the start up times which we applied to the Ship set...

Thanks! Wouldn't have cluttered the thread if I realized you already had it.

With 56 pages and counting ... LOL

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1681
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/24/2010 4:10:34 AM   
vonTirpitz

PM sent. Thanks!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1682
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/24/2010 5:34:50 PM   
Judykator

The next round does not load I click Turn - Read turn and program is not loaded save game.

In english mesage: "Not enough storage space available to process this command"

http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/support in the Java Memory Issues section not help

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Judykator -- 8/24/2010 5:59:24 PM >

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 1683
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/24/2010 6:48:15 PM   
Theages

I encountered the same error after about turn 30 (I use to read in turns with multi-turn read (1 to 3 normally)).

Using the nomap switch or not does not influence the error.
I changed  -Xms384 -Xmx512 to -Xms768 -Xmx1512 which allowed me to read in 1 (!) more turn.
After I changed to to  -Xms512 -Xmx768 I am now up to turn 40 without problems.

I am using Java 1.6 update 21 on Win7 x64

< Message edited by Theages -- 8/24/2010 6:49:51 PM >

(in reply to Judykator)
Post #: 1684
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/24/2010 8:37:43 PM   
Judykator

I change to "java -Xms768m -Xmx1512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap" and not help ;(
I am using Java 1.6 update 21 on WinXP Home SP2

< Message edited by Judykator -- 8/24/2010 8:38:12 PM >

(in reply to Theages)
Post #: 1685
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/25/2010 2:53:39 AM   
floydg

It could be that your PC really doesn't have any more memory to allocate.

(in reply to Judykator)
Post #: 1686
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/25/2010 4:43:42 AM   
Judykator

I have 2 GB RAM and 4 GB virtual memory. Until now it was not the problem. Stopped working at 85 round. What should I do ?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1687
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/25/2010 1:24:38 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Judykator

I have 2 GB RAM and 4 GB virtual memory. Until now it was not the problem. Stopped working at 85 round. What should I do ?

Experiment to try: reboot the PC and run only WitPTracker. It looks like it's failing when the program attempts to move the DLL into memory and couldn't find enough free space to do it.

(in reply to Judykator)
Post #: 1688
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/25/2010 1:32:45 PM   
Judykator

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg
Experiment to try: reboot the PC and run only WitPTracker. It looks like it's failing when the program attempts to move the DLL into memory and couldn't find enough free space to do it.

I tried. Turned off all programs running in the background. It did not help.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1689
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/25/2010 1:47:17 PM   
herwin

quote:

quote:

I tried. Turned off all programs running in the background. It did not help.

How's your disk space?

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to Judykator)
Post #: 1690
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/25/2010 4:16:40 PM   
witpqs

I have 3 GB physical memory, loads and loads of free disk space, and I have accepted the fact that I will have to re-start with a new Tracker database from time to time. Using XP fully patched BTW.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 1691
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/25/2010 8:30:21 PM   
Judykator

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

How's your disk space?

46 GB free

Earlier version program did not so.
The database will work with the version 1.5.1 ?? Downgrade ?

< Message edited by Judykator -- 8/25/2010 8:44:06 PM >

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 1692
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/25/2010 9:36:15 PM   
Judykator

I managed to upload a save game when you ran the program without parameters "-Xms -Xmx"

(in reply to Judykator)
Post #: 1693
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/25/2010 10:23:01 PM   
vonTirpitz

I noticed that you stated that you are running under XP Home SP2. Is it possible for you to upgrade to Service Pack 3? There were some memory management issues resolved that affected Java and associated Java DLLs IIRC.

quote:

I managed to upload a save game when you ran the program without parameters "-Xms -Xmx"

(in reply to Judykator)
Post #: 1694
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/25/2010 11:08:43 PM   
floydg

quote:

So it's using the defaults (2M and 64M, respectively). I doubt this will really work long-term, since 64M is way too little for this program.

Did you reboot your PC, or just quit other programs?

Floyd

PS: The 1.6 database will not work with 1.5.1 program. At least it shouldn't...

< Message edited by floydg -- 8/25/2010 11:09:29 PM >

(in reply to Judykator)
Post #: 1695
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/26/2010 9:53:52 AM   
Czert

It will be posible to add chosing of savegame to lad, directly to tracker, insead of modifiing it in separaet file ? And to add posibility to track records from dto different saves ? (I save one turn to one file, another turn to another file, and with third turn I replace first save.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1696
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/26/2010 1:29:24 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Czert

It will be posible to add chosing of savegame to lad, directly to tracker, insead of modifiing it in separaet file ? And to add posibility to track records from dto different saves ? (I save one turn to one file, another turn to another file, and with third turn I replace first save.

You can select any save at all to load using the Multi-turn Read function and the "All PWS" checkbox. The filename in the witptracker.properties file is needed to initialize the database, since I didn't want to force the user to manually perform this action.

Floyd

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 1697
RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? - 8/27/2010 4:26:50 PM   
Theages

Some information for all who run across the following error:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\Games\
Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker\pwsdll.dll: F³r di
esen Befehl ist nicht gen³gend Speicher verf³gbar

(=Not enough memory available to process this command)

Whenever Read (multiple) Turn is invoked, Tracker wants to use the pws.dll. To do this successfully there must be enough memory (RAM) available. Tracker (Java) uses increasing amounts of memory due to a growing database. Hence the need to increase the -xms and -xmx options.

Since the pws.dll is 32Bit (therefore java 32Bit has to be used) and java 32 Bit has not set the flag for being able to addess >2GByte memory (in the file header of the java.exe) the call of the pws.dll will always fail, when the 2GByte boundary would be crossed. It seems calling the pws.dll requires a large amount of memory (at least the program is asking for it).

If you set the flag using eg. CFF Explorer the boundary would move up to 3Gbyte.

On a 64Bit OS this step would be and is everyting needed to get some more turns to read in.

On Win XP 32Bit (all SPs) you would have to additionally set the /3GB and /userva switch in the boot.ini file (for some information look at Microsoft Support (even if it is only Server 2003 that is mentioned there, this is also true for XP)

If you have not more than 3GByte RAM, I doubt that it would work.

BEWARE !! Wrong settings may and most probably will prevent XP from booting up. It can be major trouble to get the system to run again.

OffTopic remark: the app can handle >2GB address space flag is very useful for programs that are plagued by memory leaks (eg. Rome:TW) since they run into memory problems much later.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1698
Starting bat file problem - 8/29/2010 7:06:55 PM   
Saburo Kurusu

Hello guys,

I know, I am the dumbest of all users and a typical representative of the "plug and pray fraction"...... Well, praying didn't help that much, so I unfortunately have to kindly ask for assistance!  
After finally getting the properties file edited like being needed for my purpose, I get the following error message when starting the bat file:

C:\Program Files\WitPTracker AE>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
ERROR: Problem starting the database. Exiting.
java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hs
qldb.persist.NIOLockFile@43055c51[file =C:\Program Files\WitPTracker AE\trackerd
b.lck, exists=false, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.io.FileNotFoundE
xception: C:\Program Files\WitPTracker AE\trackerdb.lck (Zugriff verweigert) ----> "access denied" in English
       at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
       at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
       at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
       at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
       at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
       at witptracker.Database.<init>(Database.java:32)
       at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:59)

C:\Program Files\WitPTracker AE>pause
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

I don't understand that sufficiently.... Thanks for any friendly help veeery much!  

(in reply to Theages)
Post #: 1699
RE: Starting bat file problem - 8/29/2010 7:27:26 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saburo Kurusu

Hello guys,

I know, I am the dumbest of all users and a typical representative of the "plug and pray fraction"...... Well, praying didn't help that much, so I unfortunately have to kindly ask for assistance!  
After finally getting the properties file edited like being needed for my purpose, I get the following error message when starting the bat file:

C:\Program Files\WitPTracker AE>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
ERROR: Problem starting the database. Exiting.
java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hs
qldb.persist.NIOLockFile@43055c51[file =C:\Program Files\WitPTracker AE\trackerd
b.lck, exists=false, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.io.FileNotFoundE
xception: C:\Program Files\WitPTracker AE\trackerdb.lck (Zugriff verweigert) ----> "access denied" in English
       at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
       at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
       at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
       at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
       at witptracker.Database.<init>(Database.java:32)
       at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:59)

C:\Program Files\WitPTracker AE>pause
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

I don't understand that sufficiently.... Thanks for any friendly help veeery much!  

This makes me believe that you have tried to open the db twice.

Have you tried to use the open office database program?

Or did you have tracker fail not too long ago? If so, you might try a reboot of your computer.

I'm sure floyd or damien will be by shortly to better answer your question.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 8/29/2010 7:29:03 PM >

(in reply to Saburo Kurusu)
Post #: 1700
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6 Available! - 8/29/2010 7:36:41 PM   
Mac Linehan

floydg and Damien -

WitP Tracker 1.6 continues the standard of excellence - I am always discovering (more!) features of Tracker that I did not pick up on until experience and use brought each area to light. My thanks and gratitude to the "Masters of Organization" -

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1701
RE: Starting bat file problem - 8/29/2010 7:42:06 PM   
Saburo Kurusu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Or did you have tracker fail not too long ago? If so, you might try a reboot of your computer.

Hello Nomad,

well, I didn't use open office and also tried a reboot, but the message remains the same....
But thank you very much for your answer!

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1702
RE: Starting bat file problem - 8/29/2010 9:39:56 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

Hello Nomad,

well, I didn't use open office and also tried a reboot, but the message remains the same....

There is probably a trackerdb.lck file. If you're willing to take a risk, delete that file and then restart WitPTracker.

Floyd

(in reply to Saburo Kurusu)
Post #: 1703
RE: Starting bat file problem - 8/29/2010 10:49:59 PM   
Nomad

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hello Nomad,

There is probably a trackerdb.lck file. If you're willing to take a risk, delete that file and then restart WitPTracker.

Floyd

I understand more now. When tracker is started a trackerdb.lck file is created that locks the database. For some reason he that file was not deleted on his system when tracker was closed.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1704
RE: Starting bat file problem - 8/29/2010 11:00:55 PM   
floydg

quote:

I understand more now. When tracker is started a trackerdb.lck file is created that locks the database. For some reason he that file was not deleted on his system when tracker was closed.

Typically happens when the program crashes. Otherwise, a normal program exit should automatically remove the file.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1705
RE: Starting bat file problem - 8/30/2010 2:25:50 AM   
vonTirpitz

Hello again. Just a comment for others.

I was forced to take a closer look at my Tracker data when a discussion on ACM minefield maintenance arose in the main forum. What I discovered was that I was presuming the 'Change' in value was from the previous turn when in fact the change was actually the 'last change in value' that may have actually occurred many turns previous.

It is an important detail I overlooked and perhaps others are too.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1706
RE: Starting bat file problem - 8/30/2010 3:37:28 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz

Hello again. Just a comment for others.

I was forced to take a closer look at my Tracker data when a discussion on ACM minefield maintenance arose in the main forum. What I discovered was that I was presuming the 'Change' in value was from the previous turn when in fact the change was actually the 'last change in value' that may have actually occurred many turns previous.

It is an important detail I overlooked and perhaps others are too.

I'm not sure what you mean. I just looked at the code and the "Change" value is derived by comparing the current turn with the turn loaded right before it.

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 1707
RE: Starting bat file problem - 8/30/2010 3:49:48 AM   
vonTirpitz

Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing (example Rabaul shows -5 but that occurred much earlier on turn 108). I thought it had been this way for awhile but perhaps my database is corrupted?

Edit: cropped the screenie so it wasn't so wide.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by vonTirpitz -- 8/30/2010 10:09:08 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1708
RE: Starting bat file problem - 8/30/2010 6:14:36 PM   
Saburo Kurusu

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hello Nomad,

Floyd

Hello Floyd,

thanks very much for looking into this! I followed your advice and searched for such a file, but in the folder(s) of Tracker isn't anything like that and the Windows 7 search function showed no hit. I have a screenshot of the folder. What baffles me is the second bat file "nomap", but deleting it didn't help either.....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Saburo Kurusu -- 8/30/2010 6:15:35 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1709
RE: Starting bat file problem - 8/30/2010 9:17:46 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz

Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing (example Rabaul shows -5 but that occurred much earlier on turn 108). I thought it had been this way for awhile but perhaps my database is corrupted?

This was not my intention (to make "Change" apply for past turns), so I'll take a look at the code tonight, if I can find a chance.

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 1710
Page:   <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: How do you export error messages from the load screen? Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI