Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 7:04:17 PM   
Grollub

New page.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 241
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 7:07:50 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

So Mike, any news on how Earl is developing?

Not sure which Mike you are asking, but the answer will be the same: as long as it keeps going north, shouldn't be a major problem. Onime is the one worrying right now.

I just read some news on Swedish TV saying that NC was supposed to hit quite hard. Ok, the news was from this morning, so I thought I should ask for developments.

I didn't know you're a Mike as well ...

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 242
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 7:11:55 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

canine projectile ****e? hopefully she doesn't start the "dragging arse on carpet" routine

We've avoided a cleanup so far by having to have got up 4 times through the night. Fun.

Reminds me my brother's weimereiner a long time ago back when I was in college. The dog (Blind Melon Chitlin') came up to me with the 'head down I've done something terribly wrong look' when I noticed a large plastic bag trailing from said arse. After removing it about $.40 in change fell out along w/ a Foley's receipt. I remember thinking if I could ask him how this happened would I? The ways of dogs can be strange and mysterious.

You need to find a marketable way to spin this. I'd laud this dog as able to give exact change, man! That's one of those, "naw-you can keep the change" moments...

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 243
log! - 9/2/2010 7:33:44 PM   
Nikademus

ewwww......sounds like my two however. Both love to eat grass which results in their needing occasional assistance in that general area.

yuk. Definately NOT a lovely day for a Guiness when that happens.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 244
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 7:36:41 PM   
Mynok

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not sure which Mike you are asking, but the answer will be the same: as long as it keeps going north, shouldn't be a major problem. Onime is the one worrying right now.

I just read some news on Swedish TV saying that NC was supposed to hit quite hard. Ok, the news was from this morning, so I thought I should ask for developments.

Outer banks will get plenty of surf and wind and rain. That's far from us. And by Saturday when USS, Historiker and I will be heading to Wilmington and the USS NC, Earl will be drowning Onime.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 245
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 7:39:30 PM   
scott64

Title for the Day: Checkmate in Rio.

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 246
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 7:43:24 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Outer banks will get plenty of surf and wind and rain. That's far from us. And by Saturday when USS, Historiker and I will be heading to Wilmington and the USS NC, Earl will be drowning Onime.

So there WILL be good news from this storm system after all? I do so love a happy ending.

KIDDING!

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 247
RE: log! - 9/2/2010 7:44:42 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ewwww......sounds like my two however. Both love to eat grass which results in their needing occasional assistance in that general area.

yuk. Definately NOT a lovely day for a Guiness when that happens.

Or biscuits and gravy.

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 248
RE: log! - 9/2/2010 7:48:52 PM   
Nikademus

I think we've stumbled upon a new fad diet.

We can call it the "Gross em out" diet. Its EASY!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 249
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 7:49:23 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dude, surf is definitely UP! 12-14 foot waves on the coast. Cowabunga, homey! Some gnarly waves, some tasty bud-what else do you need?

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 250
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:00:35 PM   
AW1Steve

Right. Why is it that every hurricane I ever faced, be it in Maine, Florida, or where ever, some nut case from socal gets on his surf board, yells "Cowabunga!" and is never seen again? (Not that I'm complaining, but do these people never learn?).

Like Jimmy Buffett sings, "fires,riots and mudslides".

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 251
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:14:27 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Right. Why is it that every hurricane I ever faced, be it in Maine, Florida, or where ever, some nut case from socal gets on his surf board, yells "Cowabunga!" and is never seen again? (Not that I'm complaining, but do these people never learn?).

No. No they don't. Your point, dude? Or are you just harshing my mellow?

By the way, you're forgetting about the smog, crime and vacuous valium-laden socialites.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 252
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:20:38 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

It's true. They're predicting a heck of a weekend here. It figures that it's a long weekend for me.

I'm hoping that it's just the usual fearmongering and sensationalism.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 253
log! - 9/2/2010 8:23:02 PM   
Nikademus

Rain is predicted here......imagine that!

well that and a big honkin Earthquake....

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 254
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:23:25 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

No. No they don't. Your point, dude? Or are you just harshing my mellow?

By the way, you're forgetting about the smog, crime and vacuous valium-laden socialites.

I'm trying to forget about them. I'm not "harshing your mellow". You don't Harse a mellow (what does that mean, anyway? Something to do with drugs , no doubt!).
I'm toasting your mellow. That's what you do with marsh-mellow. DUDE!

I'll just let middle America work it's magic on you. Soon it'll be all about 4-h and tractor pulls. Yeah, sure --ya betcha! Let SoCal go dude. It's over. Your in normal land.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 255
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:23:31 PM   
Mynok

quote:

Dude, surf is definitely UP! 12-14 foot waves on the coast. Cowabunga, homey! Some gnarly waves, some tasty bud-what else do you need?

Emergency air/sea rescue and some bail money should cover it......

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 256
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:24:01 PM   
Grollub

Good night friends

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 257
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:24:30 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Eh. I have always maintained that if NYC and it's environs were wiped off the face of the earth, the planet would be better for it. Nihilistic, I know....

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 258
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:25:50 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

Their self-sacrifice sort of falls into the performing a service for their fellow man category. I heartily endorse it.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 259
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:25:52 PM   
Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Well if it is, I can link you to pictures of what they're sensationally fearmongering about.

Largish, I would say......

Post #: 260
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:26:58 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dude, how would you know? You're in Buttcrack, MN.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 261
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:27:06 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Emergency air/sea rescue and some bail money should cover it......

I wish I had a dollar for every SAR flight that I had to do in Zero-zero weather for idiots like that. Allmost as bad as the commercial fishermen who didn't bother to tell anyone that they got in early. The Coast Guard and us would scramble everything we had in very marginal weather when they're wives called in they were overdue, and we'd get back to find out they'd been in the bar all afternoon. OOPS! Forgot to call the wife!

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 262
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:28:00 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Eh. I have always maintained that if NYC and it's environs were wiped off the face of the earth, the planet would be better for it. Nihilistic, I know....

You might not be alone in that thought....... But then again, your not in SoCal, so NYC is definately an improvement!

Post #: 263
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:29:39 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd like to keep the architecture at least. But then it would start to repopulate and you'd end up in the wash, rinse and repeat cycle. Your way is best, although I'd add north jersey.

Post #: 264
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:31:11 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd like to keep the architecture at least. But then it would start to repopulate and you'd end up in the wash, rinse and repeat cycle. Your way is best, although I'd add north jersey.

Now I'd start there......

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 265
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:47:07 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

So there WILL be good news from this storm system after all? I do so love a happy ending.

KIDDING!

Bite me.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 266
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:50:46 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

Well if it is, I can link you to pictures of what they're sensationally fearmongering about.

I avoid watching local news because I bet I will see a large, gaudy banner across the bottom of the screen reading "Deathstorm 2010".

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 267
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:54:26 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

quote:

quote:

I avoid watching local news because I bet I will see a large, gaudy banner across the bottom of the screen reading "Deathstorm 2010".

I can actually picture that. Sure you're not in local news?

Post #: 268
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:55:15 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

You might not be alone in that thought....... But then again, your not in SoCal, so NYC is definately an improvement!

I also live in (what I've been told is one of the) highest point of Long Island, so I'm not really afraid. I'm sure it will recede eventually.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 269
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/2/2010 8:57:51 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Now I'd start there......

By the look of the place someone already did.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI