Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Early Soviet Strategies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets >> RE: Early Soviet Strategies Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Early Soviet Strategies - 1/30/2009 2:23:50 PM   
hank

With Gregor's previous reply as a basis, to offset the re-emergence of decimated German units, would it be logical to possibly give the Soviet replacement pool a boost of one step for each unit "eliminated".   ... using the word eliminated loosely.    Maybe only give the replacement pool a boost for units eliminated that were not surrounded.   ... surrounded units eliminated would obviously be marched off to POW camps or summarily shot.

Just a wild thought on a Friday ... TGIF !!!!

< Message edited by hank -- 1/30/2009 2:26:02 PM >

(in reply to Gregor_SSG)
Post #: 31
RE: Early Soviet Strategies - 2/1/2009 6:23:04 PM   
Capitaine

Again, not yet having played the German side, what about the case of one-step units, e.g. artillery?  Do they come back as well?  That would seem a bit too generous..

(in reply to hank)
Post #: 32
RE: Early Soviet Strategies - 2/1/2009 6:35:09 PM   

Before you ask so many questions about the german side Capitaine, why don't you take a few minutes to take a look at their units and/or play them ;o). You can answer your own questions if ya do!

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 33
RE: Early Soviet Strategies - 2/1/2009 9:02:29 PM   
e_barkmann

to check Cadre status, use the unit popup display and look for the skull icon. If the unit can return as a Cadre, there will either be 'one life' (meaning the unit can return once), 'unlimited' (meaning the unit can return each time it's destroyed), or no text in which case when it's dead it's dead.

cheers

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Avatar47)
Post #: 34
RE: Early Soviet Strategies - 2/1/2009 9:49:00 PM   
Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

Again, not yet having played the German side, what about the case of one-step units, e.g. artillery?  Do they come back as well?  That would seem a bit too generous..

In Kharkov, HQs on both sides and German Combat units can return. In SSG terminology, artillery units are Support units, so won't be coming back.

Gregor

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 35
RE: Early Soviet Strategies - 2/1/2009 10:30:20 PM   
Capitaine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Avatar47

Before you ask so many questions about the german side Capitaine, why don't you take a few minutes to take a look at their units and/or play them ;o). You can answer your own questions if ya do!

Maybe because I'd like to see a little more discussion in this forum, eh?

(in reply to Avatar47)
Post #: 36
RE: Early Soviet Strategies - 2/1/2009 10:31:55 PM   
Capitaine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregor_SSG

In Kharkov, HQs on both sides and German Combat units can return. In SSG terminology, artillery units are Support units, so won't be coming back.

Gregor

Excellent. That's the way it should be IMO. Nice design touch.

(in reply to Gregor_SSG)
Post #: 37
RE: Early Soviet Strategies - 6/11/2009 12:32:34 PM   
BK6583

I've just purchased this game and have used this forum to learn everything I can. Did you in fact concede your game with Mario? I was hoping either or both of you would have followed up with more posts so I could determine what strategies work best. You said with the Russians in the north to be cautious but aggressive. That if you didn't advance and destroy at least three German units (if not more) the Russian player was doing something wrong (love to know how you did that). You said Mario's strategy was too cautious. Yet it seems Mario's stratgey was the correct one.

(in reply to Avatar47)
Post #: 38
RE: Early Soviet Strategies - 9/4/2010 6:29:10 PM   

I never actually answered BK6583's question. Yes, I completely crushed Mario back then. We played 4 times or so, I gave up only on the 1st game after 2 turns, but in retrospect I shouldn't have. Been playing Across the Dnepr, and managed to crush all comers, whether as Soviet or Germans. 10+ years experience of SSG's system probably helped.

(in reply to BK6583)
Post #: 39
RE: Early Soviet Strategies - 9/12/2010 5:07:11 AM   
NavalNewZ

< Message edited by NavalNewZ -- 9/12/2010 5:09:29 AM >

(in reply to Avatar47)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets >> RE: Early Soviet Strategies Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI