Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DW GUI Suggestion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> DW GUI Suggestion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DW GUI Suggestion - 8/22/2010 8:23:51 AM   
lancer

G'day,

One of the things that gets me frustrated with an otherwise excellent game is the amount of clicking I need to do in order to find out what is happening with resources in my empire.

To get the information I need I have to open up a large number of GUI elements. It's all there but it's spread far and wide. Given that the game revolves around resources I've been putting some thought into a more efficient method of displaying the information.

So I've come up with a revamp of the Expansion planner. Not as the end all and be all but as a starting point for a discussion.

Personally I think there is a need for a better information flow but others may not.

I'd also put a vote in for a slider that determines the amount of resources found in the galaxy. I rarely find myself with a shortage of strategic elements, such is their prevelance.

I've copied this to the wishlist.

Cheers,
Lancer

Post #: 1
RE: DW GUI Suggestion - 8/23/2010 12:43:40 PM   
the1sean

I like the suggestions!

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 2
RE: DW GUI Suggestion - 8/23/2010 2:12:56 PM   
Shark7

Good ideas.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 3
RE: DW GUI Suggestion - 9/9/2010 12:46:16 AM   
luke.h

quote:

ORIGINAL: lancer

G'day,

One of the things that gets me frustrated with an otherwise excellent game is the amount of clicking I need to do in order to find out what is happening with resources in my empire.

To get the information I need I have to open up a large number of GUI elements. It's all there but it's spread far and wide. Given that the game revolves around resources I've been putting some thought into a more efficient method of displaying the information.

So I've come up with a revamp of the Expansion planner. Not as the end all and be all but as a starting point for a discussion.

Personally I think there is a need for a better information flow but others may not.

I'd also put a vote in for a slider that determines the amount of resources found in the galaxy. I rarely find myself with a shortage of strategic elements, such is their prevelance.

I've copied this to the wishlist.

Cheers,
Lancer

Hi lancer,

Thanks for your suggestion with detailed illustration.
Will pass it on to the Dev team.

Cheers

Luke @ CodeForce

http://www.codeforce.co.nz/

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> DW GUI Suggestion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI