Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More questions: Manual and McBride?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> More questions: Manual and McBride? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More questions: Manual and McBride? - 9/9/2010 4:18:50 PM   
Hansolo88

A couple more questions as I try to get back into the swing of things:

1. Is the PDF manual available anywhere online for download? Obviously I have a copy of it on my computer at home but it would be nice to have a copy at work too. It's a little too large to email.

2. What happened to all of the Daniel McBride scenarios? Some of the fondest memories I have of playing TOAW II were playing DNO. When I bought TOAW III I eagerly searched out Stauffenberg's scenario archive on Rugged Defense, only to discover virtually all the scenarios have been removed, including my beloved DNO!!! I would love to hear what happened and if any of those scenarios may be coming back? I don't have any of my original scenario collection anymore, sadly.
Post #: 1
RE: More questions: Manual and McBride? - 9/9/2010 4:32:03 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hansolo88

1. Is the PDF manual available anywhere online for download? Obviously I have a copy of it on my computer at home but it would be nice to have a copy at work too. It's a little too large to email.

Well, it's in the full install.

Seriously, don't you have a memory stick?

quote:

2. What happened to all of the Daniel McBride scenarios? Some of the fondest memories I have of playing TOAW II were playing DNO. When I bought TOAW III I eagerly searched out Stauffenberg's scenario archive on Rugged Defense, only to discover virtually all the scenarios have been removed, including my beloved DNO!!! I would love to hear what happened and if any of those scenarios may be coming back? I don't have any of my original scenario collection anymore, sadly.

As per Daniel's wishes. I'm perplexed by his position about them, but what can we do about it?

(in reply to Hansolo88)
Post #: 2
RE: More questions: Manual and McBride? - 9/9/2010 7:13:15 PM   
Panama

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hansolo88

Yes, and the following may prevent someone from wanting to send you a copy. I don't think anyone has ever done this but... From the Manual:

ALL EDITORS MAY BE USED TO CREATE SCENARIOS THAT MAY BE FREELY DISTRIBUTED. ALL SCENARIO AUTHORS HOLD THE ULTIMATE RIGHTS TO THEIR DESIGNED SCENARIOS AND MATRIX PUBLISHING, LLC MAKES NO CLAIMS THEREOF. YOU MAY NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE COPIES IN ANY MEDIA FORM. ANY PERSONS DOING SO SHALL BE GUILTY OF COPYRIGHT VIOLATION AND SUBjECT TO THE APPROPRIATE CIVIL OR CRIMINAL ACTION AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER.

It's always best to get permission to use a map or send a copy of a scenario to someone I guess, eh? Never noticed this myself until I was going through the manual yesterday.

(in reply to Hansolo88)
Post #: 3
RE: More questions: Manual and McBride? - 9/9/2010 7:26:31 PM   
Hansolo88

Very understandable that the scenario author should have full control over the distribution of his own scenarios, and its nice to see that backed up with legal language in the manual.  I was just curious as to whether there was an announcement or discussion of any kind back when this happened as Daniel's scenarios were a real asset to the community.

As for the manual, I'm unable to use a thumb drive / CD to make the transfer so I was hoping it was openly available somewhere, the same way manuals for most board games are available now.  But if not, I'll survive.

< Message edited by Hansolo88 -- 9/9/2010 7:27:07 PM >

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 4
RE: More questions: Manual and McBride? - 9/9/2010 7:37:10 PM   
desert

You could try YouSendIt, or even upload it to a filesharing site and redownload it anywhere you wish.

"I would rather he had given me one more division"
- Rommel, when Hitler made him a Field Marshall

(in reply to Hansolo88)
Post #: 5
RE: More questions: Manual and McBride? - 9/9/2010 9:45:09 PM   
Santayana_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: desert

You could try YouSendIt, or even upload it to a filesharing site and redownload it anywhere you wish.

Ditto.
DropBox is even better.

(in reply to desert)
Post #: 6
RE: More questions: Manual and McBride? - 9/11/2010 9:56:01 AM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

Never noticed this myself until I was going through the manual yesterday.

Sounds familiar. It's an enlightened edit of the old Talonsoft version which stated that all scenarios designed using TOAW were property of Talonsoft.

Of course, as all of Daniel's published scenarios were designed using COW, it's the old disclaimer that applies- meaning that there is no legal bar to distribution. But it would be improper to publish them widely.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> More questions: Manual and McBride? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI