Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Factory - Curieus vs Easy8

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> The Factory - Curieus vs Easy8 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Factory - Curieus vs Easy8 - 7/27/2002 11:20:10 PM   
Easy8

The Factory
10-15-44
US Army advance vs German delay
60 Turns
Visibility 13 - Raining

Curieus - German
Easy8 - Us Army

The map

Orzel has created a beautiful map for this battle. I suggest that everybody download the scenario and have a look at it.
It's a mega-map, 2-1/2 pages from nort to south.

The Padiglione Wood dominates the southern edge and consists primarily of rouhg wooded terrain. The Anzio - Albano Road runs north - south and paralells the Anzio - Campoleone - Roma Railroad to the west. These roads lead to the village of Carrocato which is dominated by a grouping of buildings known as The Factory. The area between the Padiglione Wood and Carrocatto is mostly farmland and orchards, dotted with small settlements. A road runs east and west connecting to small farming communities and and unfinished elevated railroad provides a defensible zone just south of the town.

The Ficocola River and the marshy ground at its head dominates the eastern half of the map. Several side roads lead to bridges over the river.

The western half of the map is bi-sected by the Moletta River and is rough and hilly terrain.

Victory Hexes are clustered in Caracotta, along the bridges crossing the Ficacola River, and in unamed villages to the east and west of the intersection of the Anzio - Albano Road and the "deadend" road. This intersection is known as The Overpass, and also is an objective.

All in all, the terrain heavily favors the defense. Lots of places for defenders to hide and set ambushes. I'm not looking forward to slogging my way through the mud, but I have 60 turns to get there, and will use every one if I have to.

"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present" -Hobbes
Post #: 1
Turn 1 - 7/28/2002 2:58:24 AM   
Easy8

Recon patrols immediately begin taking sniper fire. All snipers spotted have been killed by moving an armored vehicle up to suppress and kill. No other contact with enemy forces reported.

Forward artillery observers order a smoke screen between us and the Overpass to cover the advance up the Anzio - Albano Road.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 2
Snipers are silenced - 7/28/2002 6:24:45 PM   
Curieus

In accordance to US wishes the (remaining) german snipers have been silenced. We wish those men who already have such a dangerous job a safe homecoming after the war. Besides HK is much more interested in the kind of toys the amis are going to bring. Otherwise nothing much is happening as most german forces are either pinned down (read not able to move because their position is too 'interesting') rushing too the front. We have some nice goodies [BEG] in the inventory and we are going to see when and how to use them. Be asured you landhungry powermad amis that a few surprises await you

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 3
Turn 2 USA - 7/30/2002 5:01:04 AM   
Easy8

Our advance runs into an assortment of rifle pits, machine gun nests, and pillboxes. Tanks and howitzers blind them with smoke, so that we can flank them with follow up infantry and destroy them.

A M4 blade tank spots a mine field on the Anzio-Albano Road and begins clraring operations.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 4
File transfer problems - 7/31/2002 3:40:41 AM   
Curieus

Sorry easy8, it seems i may have a problem getting your attachment: 1: Either you posted my turn to you (i get the request for a US password) 2: or the board only sends the previous zip. (there is something weird going on as clicking on the thefact....d1.zip link will give me a download with the correct name. Clicking on your link gives a download suggesting the name "attachment.php". The download then contains a zip but this one is identical to the thefactory...d1.zip.) So could you please mail me my turn and/or repost it?

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 5
A quick turn - 8/2/2002 2:36:46 PM   
Curieus

Another quick turn, what we mainly do is plot some artillery and move some reinforcements forward. Even that task becomes easier as the breakdown rate is atrocious 3 vehicles this turn. And the MC squad that broke down last turn still has 9 members of the squad sleeping and fooling about while the tenth is busy fixing his tire :( But we know the amis are near. The stench of the fear is so overwhelming that it blocks the sight :D . One machine gun was so surrounded that it acted as if it was thunderstruck (the kind with wings) :( A word on naming. I end the name of the zip file with D (for Deutschland) and then the turn number, so here is d2

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 6
- 8/3/2002 9:50:19 AM   
Easy8

The Americans continue to advance northward through the rain and mud. Enemy strongpoints are marked with smoke and several rifle pits and machine gun nests are eliminated by tank fire, bazookas, and one by a 5" rocket from a P-47

A thunderous roar is heard, followed by a sound like runaway freight train. Huge shells from a German railgun land in the midst of an unfortunate rifle squad, killing 7 men.

RAILGUNS!!!:eek: :eek: Yikes, he's got railguns:mad:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 7
Not railgun, toy :) - 8/6/2002 12:57:34 AM   
Curieus

Well to compensate for that railgun you have a heap of smaller bore artillery, a hill of armour and a mountain of infantry. And will not even mention those thingies with wings that are passing by. So dont you start complaining. :p I suspect that this rail gun will not live long as i saw the first long range recon flight going by. Well for as long as it is functioning i will use it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 8
Re: A quick turn - 8/6/2002 1:53:26 AM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Curieus
[B]Another quick turn, what we mainly do is plot some artillery and move some reinforcements forward.
Even that task becomes easier as the breakdown rate is atrocious 3 vehicles this turn. And the MC squad that broke down last turn still has 9 members of the squad sleeping and fooling about while the tenth is busy fixing his tire :(
[/B][/QUOTE]

Curieus did you know that if you do not move your vehicles (including motor cycles) more than have their movement that there breakdown chances is practically zero. That is as long as you do not move them through terrain that forces you to have a breakdown roll.
This also goes for your guns. If you do not fire more then half of your shots in one round(including op fire) you have a much less of a chance for it to break.

One good thing though is that breakdowns generally repair in 2-4 rounds.

Yes weather does affect break downs. Winter is the worst Rain is the next. You need to be carful and use the road as much as posible and when going through any type of terrain other than clear or mixed I recommend going slow. 1/2 movement.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 9
- 8/6/2002 3:59:13 AM   
Easy8

Gary,

Shhhhh;)

Just kidding, anything that improves the game is OK by me.

Do you know if weather has any effect on breakdowns? I have generally moved 1/2 or less of total movement this game and have had several mobility breakdowns. The weather for this game is set to "Raining".

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 10
Turn 3 - 8/13/2002 2:08:35 AM   
Easy8

Several more bunkers destoyed as we continue our advance.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 11
Disobedience was punished - 8/15/2002 2:28:51 PM   
Curieus

One zoomie that flew in south of the desired entry point will never do so again.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Easy8)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> The Factory - Curieus vs Easy8 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI