Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question concering uninstalling UV

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Question concering uninstalling UV Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question concering uninstalling UV - 6/21/2002 10:48:56 AM   
Intruder

I DO NOT wish to unistall UV, let me get that out of the way. I was cruising my Win XP unistall screen and noticed that UV has three different entrees as v 1.0, 1.10, and 1.11. Now can I unistall the older two versions? Why is it adding an entree for every version?

Thanks
Post #: 1
- 6/23/2002 1:01:42 PM   
Intruder

Please....:( Anyone who can help me on this, I will give them a cookie.

Clinton

(in reply to Intruder)
Post #: 2
Uninstalling UV - 6/23/2002 4:19:10 PM   
Buck Beach

Along this same line, I am wanting to reinstall UV . Do I have to unintall all versions and then reinstall them in order?

(in reply to Intruder)
Post #: 3
Installations... - 6/23/2002 8:03:13 PM   
Erik Rutins

In response to the first poster, do not uninstall the older versions or UV will stop working. Each patch adds an installation entry so that they could be uninstalled incrementally. Not sure how well this works, but that's the theory.

When you uninstall, I would uninstall them from newest to oldest. If you want to reinstall in a different directory, make sure the original directory is gone and give the computer a reboot, then reinstall.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Intruder)
Post #: 4
- 6/24/2002 5:14:55 AM   
Fred98

I have just returned from a short trip. I borrowed a lap top and installed the game.

When I returned I had to uninstall the game from the lap top.

I started by uninstalling the game – not the patches. I assumed the whole game would be uninstalled.

But the patches remained. So I uninstalled them one at a time. As it turned out most of the game seemed to remain behind. So I manually deleted the whole Matrix folder.

(in reply to Intruder)
Post #: 5
- 8/16/2002 2:16:28 PM   
snowman

Well if you uninstall UV using the uninstall routine provided by the game, it leaves the patches still showing up in the control panel add/remove programs.

If you remove each patch you can't remove UV 1.0 as it gives me the "could not load the initialization file" error message.

It also leaves the directory on the hard drive with all of the files intact. I was even able to start the game after removing it.

I think the install/remove routines in the program need to be redone or atleast a readme saying don't use the one installed by the game, but use control panel add/remove programs.

Mike:confused:

United States Navy 1979-1982
Aviation Machinists Mate 2nd Class
VT-23, HS-1, USS Carl Vinson CVN70 (Plank Owner)

(in reply to Intruder)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Question concering uninstalling UV Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI