Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  109 110 [111] 112 113   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 4:40:54 PM   
BrucePowers

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3301
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 4:41:26 PM   
BrucePowers

My first UNP in a while

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 3302
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 4:42:16 PM   
BrucePowers

Speaking of which....has logboy been around lately?

Post #: 3303
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 4:43:28 PM   
Chickenboy

Bruce-why must you tempt fate?

Post #: 3304
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 4:49:55 PM   
BrucePowers

He is a thread brother (mostly) (or is that log brother in his case?)

< Message edited by BrucePowers -- 10/5/2010 4:50:37 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3305
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 4:56:28 PM   
Historiker

Bruce, how are you? :)
If you want the literature suggestions we talked about, tell me what you're interested in.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

Post #: 3306
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 4:57:43 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Oh come on, I'm just kidding around, mate. I value the 'contributions' of his log-ness like any other THREAD regular (or irregular, as the case may be).

Post #: 3307
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 4:58:11 PM   
BrucePowers

I'm good but I've been busy.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3308
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 5:00:10 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Oh come on, I'm just kidding around, mate. I value the 'contributions' of his log-ness like any other THREAD regular (or irregular, as the case may be).

If my post was ambiguous, I apologize. I knew you were. That is why I added the smiley. I was just trying to add a little more humor (or is that humour?)

< Message edited by BrucePowers -- 10/5/2010 5:07:18 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3309
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 5:02:09 PM   
Chickenboy

I can't believe that the 'bad rap' (note quote by Oregon epidemiologist ) you Euros put on this innocent little pathogen has lasted for so long...

I'm going to hazard a guess that the origin of the infection was a rat flea? Call it a hunch.

State health officials say a woman in Lake County has been diagnosed with bubonic plague.

It’s the first diagnosis in Oregon in 15 years. The disease terrorized Europe’s population more than 600 years ago, but the plague is treatable when caught early.

The plague is extremely rare these days. It’s a bacterial infection carried by rodents, and is transmitted to humans though fleas.

Dr. Emilio DeBess is the public health veterinarian and an epidemiologist with Oregon Department of Human Services.

He says the disease, once known as the Black Death got somewhat of a bad rap after killing off a third of Europe’s population in the 1300s.

But he says thanks to scientific advances, it’s no longer a death sentence.

Emilio DeBess: “It’s a very treatable condition with antibiotics and so that’s usually not a concern, back then they didn’t have antibiotics. We do have very good antibiotics that treat the infection.”

Health officials have not released the name of the Lake County woman who fell ill at the end of August.

DeBess says authorities are now trying to determine the source of the infection.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3310
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 5:02:40 PM   
scott64

Those Brits know who to make some more visible.

Title of the Day: Assignment Israel by Manning Lee Stokes published in 1967 in both US and Britain.

Gunther Gerhardt, called the German T. E. Lawrence, and the third most sought-after Nazi war criminal after Adolf Eichmann and Martin Bormann, plots with the Red Chinese to destabilize the Middle East by raids into Israel disguised as Syrians, and vice versa. His plot is revealed by a defector who, although killed, leaves behind a bullet with a micro-engraved message. AXE teams up with Shin-Bet to track down Gerhardt. A beautiful Israeli agent is paired with Nick Carter, and the two negotiate with a Bedouin tribe to scout around. Gerhardt finds out about this from an informer, and bombs the encampment. Nick Carter rallies the survivors, and together they ambush the party sent to make sure everyone was dead. With the radio they recover, they call in jets and paratroopers to destroy the raiders. Gerhardt is killed, but not before he kills the Israeli agent.

Attachment (1)

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

Post #: 3311
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 5:02:42 PM   
Grollub

quote:

Maybe it's the Malayan peninsula? Queens East Indies?

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

Post #: 3312
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 5:11:15 PM   
BrucePowers

Works for me

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 3313
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 5:19:29 PM   
BrucePowers

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2023140,00.html

Who knew? Not me.

Post #: 3314
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 5:31:46 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

Hi all!

My subs perform well...

If my carriers didn't have bad luck, they would have no luck at all.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3315
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 5:34:19 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

He says the disease, once known as the Black Death got somewhat of a bad rap after killing off a third of Europe’s population in the 1300s.

Whoever said that MUST be British. I love the understatement.

Mike

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3316
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 5:48:41 PM   
Mynok

quote:

There's quite a bit of unexplained discrepancies between the descriptions of the Black Death and our knowledge of bubonic plague. Enough that I quite doubt the Black Death was plague. All the arguments against them seem to boil down to 'the medievals were too stupid to describe what they were seeing correctly'.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3317
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 6:10:26 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Hi all!

My subs perform well...

I like having my subs putting torpedoes into them
Unfortunately, my subs rarely survive meeting one of your ASW ships, while mine seem to be totally useless...

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 3318
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 6:17:40 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Lunchtime tithe.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3319
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 6:35:40 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

There's quite a bit of unexplained discrepancies between the descriptions of the Black Death and our knowledge of bubonic plague. Enough that I quite doubt the Black Death was plague. All the arguments against them seem to boil down to 'the medievals were too stupid to describe what they were seeing correctly'.

If not plague, then what? The descriptions of symptoms seem quite consisent to me.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 3320
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 6:36:37 PM   
Terminus

A patient called in today and asked if it was okay for her to receive training in the use of a defibrilator, since she had a pacemaker...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3321
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 6:37:33 PM   
Terminus

quote:

I can't believe that the 'bad rap' (note quote by Oregon epidemiologist ) you Euros put on this innocent little pathogen has lasted for so long...

I'm going to hazard a guess that the origin of the infection was a rat flea? Call it a hunch.

State health officials say a woman in Lake County has been diagnosed with bubonic plague.

It’s the first diagnosis in Oregon in 15 years. The disease terrorized Europe’s population more than 600 years ago, but the plague is treatable when caught early.

The plague is extremely rare these days. It’s a bacterial infection carried by rodents, and is transmitted to humans though fleas.

Dr. Emilio DeBess is the public health veterinarian and an epidemiologist with Oregon Department of Human Services.

Emilio DeBess: “It’s a very treatable condition with antibiotics and so that’s usually not a concern, back then they didn’t have antibiotics. We do have very good antibiotics that treat the infection.”

Health officials have not released the name of the Lake County woman who fell ill at the end of August.

DeBess says authorities are now trying to determine the source of the infection.

Hey, pssst! "Euros" are money. You "Dollars" should finally get that through your thick skulls.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3322
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 6:38:13 PM   
Terminus

quote:

Bruce-why must you tempt fate?

He's a crazy risk-taking son of a gun...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3323
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 6:45:13 PM   
Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

If not plague, then what? The descriptions of symptoms seem quite consisent to me.

Got me. I'm no pathologist. But the rate of spread is way faster than bubonic plague. It's also possible it was a different form of the plague bacteria with different symptoms. We probably just don't know what it was in the end.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3324
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 6:55:12 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Hey, pssst! "Euros" are money. You "Dollars" should finally get that through your thick skulls.

Euro's as in "Europeans".....Perhaps you'd perfer that we call you lot simply "Peans"? Or "peons?"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3325
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 6:55:29 PM   
AW1Steve

Tithe....

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 3326
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 6:59:53 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all!

My subs perform well...

Unfortunately, my subs rarely survive meeting one of your ASW ships, while mine seem to be totally useless...

That's only fair, considering my subs are almost completely useless.

Mike

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3327
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 7:01:43 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all!

My subs perform well...

That's only fair, considering my subs are almost completely useless.

Mike, have you received my email?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 3328
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 7:07:33 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Euro's as in "Europeans".....Perhaps you'd perfer that we call you lot simply "Peans"? Or "peons?"

Well no kidding and duh... That's not the point. I think I'll start calling you "Cans"; then I can be just as lazy as you in my posting.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 3329
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/5/2010 7:10:13 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Well no kidding and duh... That's not the point. I think I'll start calling you "Cans"; then I can be just as lazy as you in my posting.

Europeans have for many years called us "Yanks" (and by that I mean other countries beside the UK). But If the abreviation bothers you, I'll certainly stop using it. I certainly never meant to give offense, and I'm most sorry if I did.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3330
Page:   <<   < prev  109 110 [111] 112 113   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  109 110 [111] 112 113   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI