Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Armada 2526 Gets an Update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Armada 2526 Gets an Update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Armada 2526 Gets an Update - 10/6/2010 6:09:05 PM   
SeanD

Plenty of fixes and a new race and faction have made first contact!

Matrix Games and Ntronium Games (www.ntronium.com) are pleased to release the new comprehensive 1.4.0.0 update for their space turn-based strategy/real-time tactical blend, Armada 2526. The update includes many bug fixes, a host of minor improvements to the AI for both the strategic and tactical layer, and two new features: a brand new race and faction, The Gray Order, who come complete with eight new ship models and random faction selection so factions can be randomly chosen when setting up a custom game.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The new Gray Order faction is an interesting twist to Armada 2526. Ntronium has done a great job with these updates and we’re proud to work with them to breathe new life into this great game as it nears its one year anniversary since release! If you haven’t already taken a look at Armada 2526, now is a great time to jump in!”

Expand your Empire, Conquer the Galaxy!

Armada 2526 is the heir to one of the first great space empire-building games and it is the product of veteran game designer and developer R.T. Smith, of “Total War” series fame. You guide your race from its first interstellar journeys, until it becomes a mighty galactic empire. Along the way, you'll explore the galaxy, conduct research, diplomacy and trade, found new colonies, maneuver mighty star fleets, and fight epic battles. Create bustling colonies on foreign worlds to build powerful fleets, construct advanced buildings and research facilities that will help you master space and defend your civilization! In a close race for victory, alliances forged through bartering and good will can help tip the balance of power in your favor as alien empires seek power and glory at your expense.

Powerful tutorial and adviser features help any would-be galactic commander get up to speed quickly, and with endless possible strategies Armada 2526 offers many different strategies to best your alien foes.

Unlike many games in this genre, Armada 2526 focuses on providing a game that can be finished in a reasonable time and emphasizes decisive strategy over micro-management.

Get the update here. This update is comprehensive and will bring any previous version of Armada 2526 to version 1.4.0.0.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Armada 2526 Gets an Update - 10/6/2010 6:31:21 PM   
ASHBERY76

Is this the same as beta?

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Armada 2526 Gets an Update - 10/6/2010 10:08:40 PM   
martok

Woot!

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Is this the same as beta?

I was wondering about this as well.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: Armada 2526 Gets an Update - 10/7/2010 3:05:16 AM   
LarryP

Me too...

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 4
RE: Armada 2526 Gets an Update - 10/7/2010 2:13:43 PM   
derbius

So far so good - but when will there be a demo so that those of us who are interested but not sure of whether it will live up to its promise can try it out?

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 5
RE: Armada 2526 Gets an Update - 10/7/2010 4:15:10 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, this is the same version as the public beta and we expect it to be the last update before the expansion comes out.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to derbius)
Post #: 6
RE: Armada 2526 Gets an Update - 10/7/2010 5:34:13 PM   
derbius

Well I signed up for the members section but perhaps since I don't have Armada 2526 already I can't now download the 'public' beta either. Or am I misinterpreting - is the beta supposed also to be the demo? Will there be a demo once the expansion comes out?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: Armada 2526 Gets an Update - 10/7/2010 6:04:21 PM   
LarryP

The beta we are referring to is the patch, a beta patch that goes public before it becomes the official patch. Once the beta patch has been ironed out through public posts, then it goes to the official patch which is the one just released. This is not a demo.

I hope I explained it well enough.

(in reply to derbius)
Post #: 8
RE: Armada 2526 Gets an Update - 10/7/2010 6:18:37 PM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

ORIGINAL: derbius

Well I signed up for the members section but perhaps since I don't have Armada 2526 already I can't now download the 'public' beta either. Or am I misinterpreting - is the beta supposed also to be the demo? Will there be a demo once the expansion comes out?

Heh,no free lunch here mate.

(in reply to derbius)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Armada 2526 Gets an Update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI