Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese Player wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Japanese Player wanted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese Player wanted - 9/30/2010 9:34:26 PM   
Zeta16

I have a game as Japan going and one right now as the Allies, but that one is very slow as one turn every two days.

I am looking for someone that can do 3 to 7 or 8 turns a day. I like to play fast and a lot. So let me know if you can keep this pace up.

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: 'We the people.' 'We the people' tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." -Ronald Reagan
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/1/2010 1:59:06 AM   
jomni

Don't you have a life? 

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/1/2010 9:35:00 AM   
Zeta16

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

Don't you have a life? 

Yep, but I can play at work, and turns don't take me very long to do.

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: 'We the people.' 'We the people' tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." -Ronald Reagan

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/1/2010 12:19:31 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

Don't you have a life? 

Uncalled for.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/1/2010 10:05:36 PM   
Zeta16

And from experience the more turns you do a day or a week the short the turns get b/c you are on top of things. At least that is what I think, Allied turns take 5 minutes or so after combat replay or maybe 10 if I need to load troops and such. Japanese from start to finish after the first month take 10 minutes top.

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/1/2010 10:19:51 PM   
SoliInvictus202

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeta16

And from experience the more turns you do a day or a week the short the turns get b/c you are on top of things. At least that is what I think, Allied turns take 5 minutes or so after combat replay or maybe 10 if I need to load troops and such. Japanese from start to finish after the first month take 10 minutes top.

very interesting - my last turn (and we're now two players with one taking care of homeland Japan, and me taking care of all the operations...) took over 1,5 hours....I click fast - so that can't be it....I'd be interested on how far ahead you actually plan and how much you overlook in this very complex game!(seriously - no offense intended)

I, for instance, check every single plane squadron every turn (which has been in action last turn)- as I only send them into action according to weather to avoid unnecessary losses....submarine patrol zones probably need to be adjusted when a sub attacked a ship but didn't sink it (and I go after every single one) - troops need to be planned for different locations and convoys have to be set up with surface cover forces and ASW...etc...etc....etc.. the list is endless...so my first turn for the Japanese wasn''t out for 3 days - but then again - I did plan all my units almost 2 months ahead....and still I missed stuff....

< Message edited by SoliInvictus202 -- 10/1/2010 10:22:18 PM >

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 6
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/2/2010 12:52:06 AM   
Zeta16

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoliInvictus202

quote:

very interesting - my last turn (and we're now two players with one taking care of homeland Japan, and me taking care of all the operations...) took over 1,5 hours....I click fast - so that can't be it....I'd be interested on how far ahead you actually plan and how much you overlook in this very complex game!(seriously - no offense intended)

I, for instance, check every single plane squadron every turn (which has been in action last turn)- as I only send them into action according to weather to avoid unnecessary losses....submarine patrol zones probably need to be adjusted when a sub attacked a ship but didn't sink it (and I go after every single one) - troops need to be planned for different locations and convoys have to be set up with surface cover forces and ASW...etc...etc....etc.. the list is endless...so my first turn for the Japanese wasn''t out for 3 days - but then again - I did plan all my units almost 2 months ahead....and still I missed stuff....

I plan a lot in my head and just remember. I also give every unit a objective and that tells me where units are going. I guess I don't go over every unit each turn but check every air unit and tf with 3 or 4 turns. I don't know just played WiTP this way and now this game. Japan is a lot easier to be organized once you have your SRA comvoys formed.

(in reply to SoliInvictus202)
Post #: 7
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/4/2010 1:44:35 AM   
Zeta16

No one wants to play me? I know there are others out there that can do mulitiple turns a day.

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 8
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/4/2010 3:47:07 AM   
mike scholl 1

quote:

No one wants to play me? I know there are others out there that can do mulitiple turns a day.

Probably no one that wants the pressure of feeling their opponent is sitting around drumming his fingers with impatience waiting for a turn. Most of us find the game less enjoyable when we feel overly pressured..., and your request virtually guarantees such a feeling.

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 9
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/5/2010 12:29:11 AM   
Zeta16

quote:

ORIGINAL: mike scholl 1

quote:

Probably no one that wants the pressure of feeling their opponent is sitting around drumming his fingers with impatience waiting for a turn. Most of us find the game less enjoyable when we feel overly pressured..., and your request virtually guarantees such a feeling.

several turns a day is not pressure. I never email people and get on them. I just want a game that will move a long. To many times players say the can play this and that and I get one turn every 2 or 3 days. So I just wanted people to know I can and want to do several turns a day. It makes the game much more enjoyable to me.

(in reply to mike scholl 1)
Post #: 10
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/7/2010 1:19:40 AM   
Zeta16

Guys I am really not that bad, ask Ramjet. I just want another game to fill some free time I have. I run in school suspension at the school I teach at, which means I have way to much free time.

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 11
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/7/2010 1:46:03 AM   
rroberson

Id be interested.

I can probably get two or three turns out a day during the week, though my weekend days are very spoken for this time of year (I work for a college football team). I took love a fast game, my last one got to turn 400 before the football season struck and I had to suspend it.

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 12
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/10/2010 8:52:31 AM   
Sonny II

What kind of house rules you looking for?

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 13
RE: Japanese Player wanted - 10/10/2010 11:08:13 AM   
Ramjet

Zeta16 and I were able to get through an entire game, which ended in October 1945, in about 8 months. I have found that if you move along rather quickly, you rember much more about your forces from turn to turn and don't have to do the long "look at every unit" stuff each turn. As Japan, I did a typical one hour turn once about every ten turns, and a big logistics turn every 30 game days. The rest of my daily turns only took about 15 - 20 minutes. Sometimes I wanted to slow the train down a bit, but the rewarding feeling of having a good flow to a game without having pages of notes to review, and actually completing a game and using those units, planes, and ships, was terrific!

(in reply to Sonny II)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Japanese Player wanted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI