Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wrong deployment zone .02b

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Wrong deployment zone .02b Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wrong deployment zone .02b - 10/10/2010 12:28:46 PM   
emperor peter

The .02b is a real improvement it seems, but I came across this:

506 PIR was defending against 107 Pz, last battle here ended with Truce, I wanted Coldstream to help out, I tried making them attack and move from Eindhoven to Nederwetten, both times the Germans got a VL, really annoying

So I decided play on without relieving 506, to get the right deployment zone, this is how the previous battle ended

If you want the save, I have it

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mystic_Snake -- 10/10/2010 12:30:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 10/10/2010 12:31:17 PM   
emperor peter

second pic

Attachment (1)

(in reply to emperor peter)
Post #: 2
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 10/10/2010 3:02:50 PM   
RD Oddball

Are you reporting that when you moved the Coldstream BG on from the southern most VL the isolated VL in German control was awarded to the Germans without them having fought for it? Which screenshot is the state the deploy zones were in before the movement phase?

Sorry I'm a little unsure on exactly what you're reporting.

Post #: 3
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 10/10/2010 4:14:37 PM   
emperor peter

quote:

Which screenshot is the state the deploy zones were in before the movement phase?

the second, sorry if this was confusing

When I moved coldstream from eindhoven to this map I got what you see in the first screenshot. 506 always stayed on this map and yet the isolated VL in German control was awarded to the Germans without them having fought for it indeed.

save attached

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mystic_Snake -- 10/10/2010 4:22:55 PM >

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 4
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 10/11/2010 12:01:30 AM   
RD Oddball

Okay will check into it. Thanks for extra details.

*edit* Looks like a bug afterall. Thanks for reporting it. Are there any other steps to repro this other than what you outlined? Other than that I think I have all the info I need. Will post back here if we need more.

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 10/11/2010 2:26:37 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 10/14/2010 10:43:03 PM   
emperor peter

I'm playing GC as Germans now.
I defended with bodenstandige einheit on blankenberg against the 82nd. The Americans entered the map from Heumen, wich they controlled. The bridge there was intact, so they could enter the blankenberg map on both sides of the canal. Still following? Well, this results in the Blankenberg bridge VL being neutral deployment. No timer and no blowing the bridge because of this. This doesn't seem correct.

I also occupied the landing zones for 4 parachute brigade (Ginkel, Renkum heath) before their arrival. Deployment didn't seem right when the units landed either. Both times the Allies where given 2 deploy areas, on Ginkel they got an area around the Sysselt VL and 1 road VL (to Papendalsche) without a buffer of neutral ground around it. On Renkum they got the 3 story farm that dominates the map and 1 road VL (from Ede) also without neutral ground around it. Even more annoying because the strategic turn before I defended this map (the allies where pushed off the map completely in that action, fyi) and I was occupying that farm house.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 6
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 10/15/2010 12:59:54 AM   
RD Oddball

Thanks MS. That helps! It's addressed for when .02b goes "official."

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 10/15/2010 1:00:16 AM >

Post #: 7
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 11/5/2010 1:11:51 AM   
xe5

similar wrong deploy zone using .021b

Defending as Axis at Grave on the north bank of the Maas. The bridge has been blown for several turns. I figure Im sitting pretty since I hold the North Bridge and Grave Bridge VLs, without which, the Allies cant even begin rebuilding the bridge. A couple turns pass with my troops safely parked on the north bank. Then, all of a sudden, the allies get a lone deploy tile just west of the Grave Bridge VL, which is on my side of the big hole in the bridge!?!

A second bug also occurred at Grave when I withdrew my BG from the contested map. According to the manual [p.66], Allied bridge rebuilding at Grave would then commence and take ~6 turns to complete. Wrong! The Grave bridge was rebuilt the next turn.

edit - the Heumen bridge issue MS reported 3 weeks ago was also reported sevral months ago.

< Message edited by xe5 -- 11/5/2010 1:14:07 AM >

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 8
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 11/5/2010 2:02:45 AM   
Andrew Williams

This could quite possibly be a development of the zacchini Brothers (1940) Human cannonball technique of turning your enemy's flank.

The Zacchini Brothers routinely landed over 50 metres from their point of departure.

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 9
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 11/5/2010 2:28:33 AM   
e_barkmann

Of course, the German interpretation of the technique was typically complicated and involved; the overly engineered (but finely hand tooled) hand grips on the ball surface were finally done away with when it was shown after much embarrassment that often the FallBallJaeger's fingers were scraped off inside the canon during the rapid deployment phase. 
This meant the units could to little more than shout at their opponents, although by all reports this was a fearsome sound.

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 10
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 11/5/2010 2:41:06 AM   
Andrew Williams

Fearsome indeed.. but the cries of Hande Hoch were most often misinterpreted by the English as "My Hands are Hot" and buckets of cold water were usually kept in reserve 30m-50m behind the front lines for just such emergencies.

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 11
RE: Wrong deployment zone .02b - 11/5/2010 4:04:39 AM   
xe5

The Zuchini Bros. also made an appearance at Honinghutie Br. where they cannonballed west to east across another blown bridge. Not quite sure how it happened. I'd controlled the entire east bank for some turns (inc. the lone bridge VL) and would browse the web during battles on Honinghutie. When I checked LSA after the battle ended I saw the Allies had gained some areas of control/VLs on my side of the blue line?!? Couldnt have been due to FM failure because I'd suffered no losses.

pic is the stray enemy deploy tile that suddenly appeared on Grave after several stalemated turns on our respectives sides of the river. My guys are lined up for the kill just in case, although the AI didnt try to take advantage of its own largess. However, in the ensuing batttle I did lose a couple troopers before I could safely withdraw from exposed position.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Wrong deployment zone .02b Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI