Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New twist on an old discussion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> New twist on an old discussion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New twist on an old discussion - 10/10/2010 7:13:26 PM   
Zenra

I know various suggestions have been advanced and discussed on these forums for making MWIF available for beta testing to us anxiously awaiting its ultimate release, but I wanted to draw the group's attention to something different being done by Eagle Dynamics for the next installment of their excellent Digital Combat Simulator series:

Eagle Dynamics is offering customers willing to pre-purchase their upcoming A-10C simulator access to beta versions up to release; look here.

This is something a lot of people are taking advantage of (judging by the traffic on the ED forums); I know that I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough, and I would certainly be willing to do the same for MWIF.

Any chance that Matrix / Dave would be willing to extend such an offer - we pay now and get to play the betas until release?

Mitchell
Post #: 1
RE: New twist on an old discussion - 10/10/2010 7:50:51 PM   
wworld7

This isn't a new twist, this idea has been floated before on other Matrix games in the past with no success.

Flipper

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 2
RE: New twist on an old discussion - 10/11/2010 12:08:43 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mitchell

I know various suggestions have been advanced and discussed on these forums for making MWIF available for beta testing to us anxiously awaiting its ultimate release, but I wanted to draw the group's attention to something different being done by Eagle Dynamics for the next installment of their excellent Digital Combat Simulator series:

Eagle Dynamics is offering customers willing to pre-purchase their upcoming A-10C simulator access to beta versions up to release; look here.

This is something a lot of people are taking advantage of (judging by the traffic on the ED forums); I know that I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough, and I would certainly be willing to do the same for MWIF.

Any chance that Matrix / Dave would be willing to extend such an offer - we pay now and get to play the betas until release?

David Heath hates to accept money for a future product. A lot of complications can occur in accounting (as compared to: take money, send product). There is also a real danger of bad publicity for a product 'released/sold' with known bugs.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 3
RE: New twist on an old discussion - 10/11/2010 1:43:42 AM   
Zenra

Thanks for the replies - I do understand the concern. However, as is the case with the DCS product, the people here and following this tremendous development effort should generally know what they are signing up for. I wouldn't expect somebody new to World in Flames to be interested in such an offer, but those of us who have lived for years with continually evolving rules, interpretations and "Harrifications" are experienced at working with such a beast.

So, while I may disagree with Mr. Heath's position, I do respect and understand it. Never hurts to ask, though

Mitchell

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> New twist on an old discussion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI