Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hula Club

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hula Club Page: <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hula Club - 10/14/2010 11:12:22 PM   
Smeulders

Hey Mandrake, can't you just withdraw the squadrons on New Caledonia ? You'll lose the frames, but the formations should reappear in the SF/Karachi in 60 or 90 days. 

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 2131
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 12:28:59 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

Hey Mandrake, can't you just withdraw the squadrons on New Caledonia ? You'll lose the frames, but the formations should reappear in the SF/Karachi in 60 or 90 days.

Nope. The Marine F4F squadron and the Royal Navy F4F's have no withdraw button and no disband button. I have already disbanded two USN dive bomber squadrons that had perhaps 4 biplanes between them. I disbanded a small remnant of 90th BS(M) (when Yossarian and McWatt flew to Fiji )

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 2132
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 4:44:35 PM   
BrucePowers

Man you are still using bi-planes. Is your artillery horse drawn?

Post #: 2133
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 5:19:30 PM   
Chickenboy

Horses...pfft....that's so "Western Front". Think really big coconut crabs for these guys. Kind of like this one:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 2134
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 5:30:20 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Man you are still using bi-planes. Is your artillery horse drawn?

Nope. Biplanes are gone from New Scotland. They are extremely vulnerable to flack but did help to sink Shokaku.

I disbanded two B-26 squadron remnants and an A-20 squadron remnant (1 plane each) and chopped up 3 PBY's for firewood to bar-b-q the delicious cocconut crabs. I have started evacuating the USAAF ground support squadron.

I would be surprised if there are 3 working Jeeps or trucks at La Foa. Geiger's boys seem to leave them out in the open during Jap bombardments and attacks.

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 2135
Milk Run - 10/15/2010 5:38:00 PM   
Cap Mandrake

************Aboard B-17 Lucky Lady, 13,000ft, course 240, 60 miles SE of Darwin, 10:20, May 29, 1942**********

Co-pilot: There they are! Our 10 o'clock, level.

Pilot: Hmmm. Kinda early today. Better tell Darwin. <500 yds away on an opposing course are 12 Sally bombers with 8 Oscars overhead. At closest approach, everyone aboard Lucky Lady waves. An Oscar pilot waggles his wings>

Post #: 2136
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 5:39:29 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Horses...pfft....that's so "Western Front". Think really big coconut crabs for these guys. Kind of like this one:

Hey look ...a leftie. I wonder if he can pitch at all.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2137
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 6:08:24 PM   
princep01

Doubt our boy can pitch, but he sure as heck can pinch! I'll bet there's a coconut or maybe a dead cat in that can.

Surely the LYB have a name for this monster....like Rodan or Godzilla. I wonder what they'd call it? The sign in today was Guigdo. You think, uh maybe:)?

Post #: 2138
LYB's breeding like crocs - 10/15/2010 6:58:48 PM   
Cap Mandrake

There are LYB's all over the Kimberly.

5th Division ...
24th Infantry Regiment ...
14th Guards Regiment ...
Are standing off West of Kimberly beating their war drums (and being pounded pretty well by our mediums as they now have no friendly air cover)

Further West is something called 6th Guards Div (that doesn't sound good). This consitutes a Corps level attack 1000 miles across a dirt road

Kimberly has level 4 forts. 32nd ID is pushing off from Alice now.

We sent another B-17 squadron from Fiji and maybe I can send the small B-26 squadron at Auckland. Fighter strength in Oz is really low and one of the Kittyhawk squadrons has to be withdrawn soon. The fight over New Scotland really depleted USAAF fighter strength. The Beaufighters lost another 3 airframes over Darwin but we are attritting the Jap fighters too.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 2139
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 7:36:36 PM   
VSWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: princep01

Surely the LYB have a name for this monster....like Rodan or Godzilla.

I think they call them "tanks".

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 2140
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 9:46:55 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: princep01

I wonder what they'd call it?

"Sir"

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 2141
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 11:11:17 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

The nice part is, I understand that they taste awful. Its a good thing, because things like this could put Sig Hansen and the rest of the boys right out of business.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2142
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 11:21:43 PM   
VSWG

Wiki sez they taste like lobster. 

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 2143
RE: Hula Club - 10/15/2010 11:39:02 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Wiki lies!

......especially where it concerns ruining my joke.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 2144
RE: Hula Club - 10/16/2010 1:51:00 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Wiki lies!

......especially where it concerns ruining my joke.

I don't believe it either. How could the thing get that big walking around in broad daylight if it tasted like lobster?

Post #: 2145
RE: Hula Club - 10/16/2010 2:13:52 AM   
Chickenboy

Umm...by eating other things walking around in daylight smaller than itself that tasted like lobster? That's usually the way these things work, Cap'n.

Post #: 2146
RE: Hula Club - 10/16/2010 3:57:42 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

Umm...by eating other things walking around in daylight smaller than itself that tasted like lobster? That's usually the way these things work, Cap'n.

I dunno---slow moving, big animals like that usually taste like vulture meat...that's how they continue to be slow moving and big, instead of, shall we say (to remain politically correct), "metabolically challenged from a Gibbs Free Energy standpoint?"

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2147
RE: Hula Club - 10/16/2010 4:40:29 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

There may be something to that. I do recall that it has no natural predators. But at the same time, all the islands its known to inhabit have also been inhabited by homo (dumbass) sapiens for quite some time. I figure if it was edible, the Polynesians would have cleaned them up hundreds of years ago. And the Polynesians arnt picky eaters.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2148
RE: Hula Club - 10/16/2010 4:47:04 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Does stuff in trash cans usually taste like lobster? Just wondering. Maybe we have some dumpster divers in the audience.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2149
RE: Hula Club - 10/16/2010 12:37:53 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

Does stuff in trash cans usually taste like lobster? Just wondering. Maybe we have some dumpster divers in the audience.

If there be leftover lobster it do. Geez, it's dense in here this morning...

Post #: 2150
RE: Hula Club - 10/16/2010 5:17:17 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

quote:

If there be leftover lobster it do. Geez, it's dense in here this morning...

"Leftover lobster"? Are you kidding? That is an oxymoron on par with "leftover doobies" at a Dead concert.

OK...pretend I didn't read the rules. How do I get a SEAC ground unit from New York to India. Do I have to crate them up and use the NW Passage thingy with real (virtual) ships or is there some kind of Stargate passage like there was in WITP?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2151
RE: Hula Club - 10/16/2010 5:20:05 PM   
VSWG

Weird. I just posted about this seconds ago in Canoerebel's AAR:

quote:

ORIGINAL:  VSWG

You don't have to transport troops manually between the USA and Capetown. Strat move a LCU to Eastern USA, and then set its destination to Capetown. The unit will disappear, and appear in Capetown approx. 30 days later. Same with planes.

See chapter 8.3.3. of the manual for details.

Post #: 2152
RE: Hula Club - 10/16/2010 5:25:42 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Weird. I just posted about this seconds ago in Canoerebel's AAR:

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

You don't have to transport troops manually between the USA and Capetown. Strat move a LCU to Eastern USA, and then set its destination to Capetown. The unit will disappear, and appear in Capetown approx. 30 days later. Same with planes.

See chapter 8.3.3. of the manual for details.

Thank you sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.....well, at the very least you are an AE scholar

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 2153
With the 40th Canadian Brigade - 10/16/2010 5:30:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

******Barrack, 40th Canadian Brigade, Regina, Saskatchewan, May 30, 1942******

1st soldier: <lying on bunk> Hey, Overton. I'm writing a poem for my girl and I want to tell her about the base. Can you think of anything that rhymes with Regina?

2nd soldier: <demonically, after a short delay> Hehehehhehehehehhehe....

Post #: 2154
I'm not waiting on a tur-urn.. - 10/16/2010 5:47:08 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I'm not waiting on a tur-urn
I'm just waiting on a friend
I'm just waiting on a friend

Don't need a whore
I don't need no booze
Don't need a virgin priest.....

Stalker Girl is busting my chops this fine morning...

Stalker Girl: What are you doing on the computer again?... Oh, saving the world?

<I'm am writing down units that need to be shipped from the US on the back of an envelope. Objectively, it IS seriously geeky, I have to admit, but I am not going to give up so easily. I decide to return fire.>

Me: Farmville geek. <a broadside of 8 inch guns..that should end it>

Stalker Girl: At least I don't know how mine comes out? <Ouch! A couple of 14 inch AP rounds slam into me>

Me: I'm gonna write about you.

Stalker Girl: Go ahead. I have Facebook and your whole family is on there and half the people you work with! <The barbette armor of B-turret is pierced, a tongue of white hot flame reaches toward bags of cordite>

Post #: 2155
RE: I'm not waiting on a tur-urn.. - 10/16/2010 6:14:53 PM   
Onime No Kyo

As if you int know how THAT was gonna end.

Post #: 2156
RE: I'm not waiting on a tur-urn.. - 10/16/2010 6:32:39 PM   
VSWG

First distract her with shoes, or something shiny. Then attack.

Post #: 2157
USAAF - 10/17/2010 1:39:28 AM   
Cap Mandrake

*********USAAF Bursor's Office, Suva, Fiji, May 30, 1942********

Clerk: I'm sorry, Captain, I show a Captain Yossarian, 90th Bombardment Squadron as missing in action.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Not any more I'm not.

Clerk: That is what my report says.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: But wouldn't my presence here cause you lose some confidence in your report?

Clerk:Well, sir, that what she says.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: I have my dog tags.

Clerk: Dog tags can be switched sir.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: What do I have to do be alive again Corporal? I have some medals coming.

Clerk: You would need a letter of personal attestation by your CO.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: I can get that! He flew in with us.

Clerk: Who is that sir?

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Colonel Cathcart.

Clerk: <looks at list> Hmmmm. Yes, I see him...oh dear...I'm so sorry sir. He is KIA.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: He is NOT dead! I just saw him running to the latrine.

Clerk: Sorry, sir, KIA. It's official. The check went out to his widow yesterday.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: He doesn't HAVE a widow.

Clerk: He does now.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Look, what if I brought him in? Could he be alive again.

Clerk: Perhaps, if he got the Letter of Personal Attestation from HIS CO, but he would owe the USAAF for his life insurance payment.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: But Dreedle's in Sydney, we will never get his lard ass out here.

Clerk: Sir? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer:Anything else? Are you kidding? Look, can you just send my checks to my dad in Gilroy.

Clerk: Sure! THAT we can do!

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Splendid! How do I do that?

Clerk: Captain Yossarian will have to sign form 412/22A, Attestation of Supplemental Remuneration.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Fine, where is it?

Clerk: Oh, not now sir. We will first need the Leter of Personal Attestation from Col. Cathcart.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Whom you show as dead?

Clerk: Yes sir.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Look, if I am dead, can I at least get my purple heart?

Clerk: Yes sir! Decorations Bureau, 3rd Quonset on the left.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Great! You've been a great help Corporal. <winks and heads for the door>

Clerk: You're welcome sir! Glad to be of help. Sir?

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Yes?

Clerk: You do realize you will first need a letter of commendation from your CO for the purple heart?.....

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 2158
RE: USAAF - 10/17/2010 4:03:37 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

*********USAAF Bursor's Office, Suva, Fiji, May 30, 1942********

Clerk: I'm sorry, Captain, I show a Captain Yossarian, 90th Bombardment Squadron as missing in action.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Not any more I'm not.

Clerk: That is what my report says.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: But wouldn't my presence here cause you lose some confidence in your report?

Clerk:Well, sir, that what she says.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: I have my dog tags.

Clerk: Dog tags can be switched sir.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: What do I have to do be alive again Corporal? I have some medals coming.

Clerk: You would need a letter of personal attestation by your CO.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: I can get that! He flew in with us.

Clerk: Who is that sir?

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Colonel Cathcart.

Clerk: <looks at list> Hmmmm. Yes, I see him...oh dear...I'm so sorry sir. He is KIA.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: He is NOT dead! I just saw him running to the latrine.

Clerk: Sorry, sir, KIA. It's official. The check went out to his widow yesterday.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: He doesn't HAVE a widow.

Clerk: He does now.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Look, what if I brought him in? Could he be alive again.

Clerk: Perhaps, if he got the Letter of Personal Attestation from HIS CO, but he would owe the USAAF for his life insurance payment.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: But Dreedle's in Sydney, we will never get his lard ass out here.

Clerk: Sir? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer:Anything else? Are you kidding? Look, can you just send my checks to my dad in Gilroy.

Clerk: Sure! THAT we can do!

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Splendid! How do I do that?

Clerk: Captain Yossarian will have to sign form 412/22A, Attestation of Supplemental Remuneration.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Fine, where is it?

Clerk: Oh, not now sir. We will first need the Leter of Personal Attestation from Col. Cathcart.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Whom you show as dead?

Clerk: Yes sir.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Look, if I am dead, can I at least get my purple heart?

Clerk: Yes sir! Decorations Bureau, 3rd Quonset on the left.

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Great! You've been a great help Corporal. <winks and heads for the door>

Clerk: You're welcome sir! Glad to be of help. Sir?

Tall, hirsute USAAF officer: Yes?

Clerk: You do realize you will first need a letter of commendation from your CO for the purple heart?.....

Reminds me of a few REMFs I knew a long time ago....Perhaps our good Captain would get better service from the Reincarnation Bureau, the 4th Quonset on the left?

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

Post #: 2159
RE: USAAF - 10/17/2010 5:17:29 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

Reminds me of a few REMFs I knew a long time ago....Perhaps our good Captain would get better service from the Reincarnation Bureau, the 4th Quonset on the left?

REMF.....Rear Echelon Mother *******?

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 2160
Page:   <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hula Club Page: <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI