Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 4:51:37 PM   
VSWG

On a slope

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4531
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 4:51:44 PM   
VSWG

Unless you have

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4532
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 4:51:50 PM   
VSWG

A periscope

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4533
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 4:51:57 PM   
VSWG

Burma-Shave

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4534
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 4:52:12 PM   
VSWG

A bit more on-topic:

Let's make Hitler

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4535
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 4:52:18 PM   
VSWG

And Hirohito

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4536
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 4:52:23 PM   
VSWG

Feel as bad as

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4537
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 4:52:33 PM   
VSWG

Old Benito

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4538
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 4:52:39 PM   
VSWG

Buy War Bonds

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4539
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 4:52:44 PM   
VSWG

Burma-Shave

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4540
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:13:07 PM   
Grollub

Evening tithe.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4541
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:13:38 PM   
Grollub

Fabering ... ?

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 4542
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:17:11 PM   
VSWG

A bit, yes. My fabers rhyme, though - but only barely. 

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 4543
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:19:57 PM   
VSWG

Also, they are good advice!

At intersections
Look each way
A harp sounds nice
But it's
Hard to play
Burma-Shave

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4544
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:28:50 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

So France = Mars. Everything makes sense now...

Glad I could clear that up for you.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4545
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:29:12 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

I got an email from the attorney of a deceased long lost relative (a contractor and businessman, apparently), offering me "usd$13.58O, OOO, 00" of inheritance. I wonder how much that is.

$13.58 - before taxes

Thats what I figured.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 4546
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:29:52 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Is that a luger in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

Sorry, buddy, its a Luger in her pants.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4547
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:36:10 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

That's interesting Yuri. My ancestry is Italian. All of my grandparents got off the boat around WWI. I grew up with my grandfather (a WWI Italian Army vet) in the house. His philosophy was that we were in America, we speak English. He never let me learn Italian. Now I did learn the culture and follow a lot of it to this day. It's interesting how people are in the same circumstances but arrive at different conclusions.

I have some friends and relatives who think similarly. Most, however, forgot their Russian for simple lack of practice and laziness.

My parents were always of the opinion that the benefits of speaking multiple languages far outweigh any nationalistic considerations. I also used to speak passable French, most of which I've forgotten though...well, laziness and lack of practice.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 4548
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:36:51 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

What's better, an H81-A3 or a P040E?

Mike, it seems about a wash to me. H81-A3 has slightly better range, but no drop tanks, higher ceiling and climb rate and better maneuverability. P-40E has slightly faster speed, shorter range, but can use drop tanks to surpass the H81, slightly better gun value, but less maneuverability, climb, and ceiling. P40E has a lower service rating of 2, compared to 3 for H81's. If you're not playing with the "Strato-sweep exploit", the P40E is probably a little better overall.

BTW, tracker has a fantastic screen where you can compare different aircraft side by side.

Thanks Mike. When I upgraded Tracker, it stopped working and I haven't had the time to fix it. I know that screen. Used it plenty of times.

What is this tracker of which you speak?

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 4549
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:37:49 PM   
Mike Solli

WitP Tracker

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 4550
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:38:46 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: scott1964

Here is one to cheer everyone up this morning.

The List (March 1976 in US and 1978 in UK) By James Fritzhand

Flying to Hong Kong to purchase a microfilmed list of US intelligence agents more important than 20 nuclear secrets/ Nick Carter found the seller dead and the film gone, and an international squad of killers after him. A lead will take him from a museum in Hong Kong to an abandoned temple in Burma. His only lead was Tou Wan. But there was one problem, she had been dead for thousands of years.

Her clearly Nordic countenance seems to be at odds with the asian blade.

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 4551
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:50:22 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

too-early-morning guys.

this night i had to bring Claire to "emergencey psychiatric hospital".....

Sorry to hear that mate, hope eveything ends up Ok.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 4552
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:52:58 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

I don't know how that will impact Brother Dixie

Dixie's at Brize Norton in Oxfordshire, I think he does transports.

He does tankers.

Tankers and transports, mostly the transport role at the moment. 216 is heavily involved in the Afghanistan airbridge which takes most of our time.

Still nothing in the detail sorted yet, but we (the RAF) are losing 5000 bods. No idea as yet where they're going to come from or how this affects me trying to extend my service dates. I've been told that the SDSR won't affect my chances of further service, but I'm not sure I believe that.

Still, Harriers are gone. VC-10 and Tristar are going. RAF Scotland is winding down. No Nimrods, not sure how the TN feel about that. Tornado fleet is being scaled back. Several bases will be closed. maybe the Pongoes will move in when we move out.

The Nimrod situation doesn't affect me directly, but who knows what will happen down the line. I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be on 216 now until either myself or the Tristar is out of service, the out date isn't far ahead for either of us now so they probably won't be sending us masses of manpower just to move them again soon.

If civvy street wasn't such a mess I wouldn't be too concerned, but the chances of getting a job that pays as well as this one are probably quite slim back home. Time to look into airline licences and OU courses methinks.

I'll stop now before I start ranting about politics I can discuss more away from the public eye if you really want to know what I think

brother dixie, i feel your pain...when i got my commission, there were 24 P-3 Orion squadrons in the US Navy...when the soviets decided to throw in the towel, that number got reduced to 12...pretty much a career limiting event, unless you had "golden boy" status...i've been out of the service for 12 years now and things are well...keep the faith...

And KEM actually understates it....There were 24 "active" squadrons. Plus two training squadrons,12 Reserve Squadrons,two "RAG" or over sized training squadrons,and two Master Augment Squadrons, which were special reserve squadrons that could triple the size of active squadrons. Of all that, only 1 smaller "RAG" is left. So in reality there were fourty squadrons. Now there is 13 (counting the one training squadron). And the Naval air Reserve not longer exists. There are no fighter squadrons.no anti-submarine squadrons,no heavy attack squadrons, all gone. We have two less carriers , and the average carrier airgroup has shrunk from 85-90 planes to 35 to 40 on a really good day!

And who needs it? After all, we'll never fight another war (let alone two) now will we?

all true brother steve...i'm extremely proud to have served in our armed forces and enjoyed the experience overall...i guess i was just trying to relate to brother dixie that there is life after military service...i'm confident things will work out for him, even if the future seems bleak now...

Aye, there's life outside a blue suit. In all honesty there's better paid work as well with the training and experience I've had. Only time will tell, apparently my application for further service isn't a prority because I've got more than two years service left. Maybe admin don't realise it's a priority to me...

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 4553
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:53:26 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Tolstoy was a Christian (Russian Orthodox) and a capiltalist (he didn't write his books for free). Bad example red mouse. Go back and try again,go directly to gulag, do not collect 200 rubles.

You obviously understand nothing, by capitalist friend. Tolstoy was a very wealthy man in his own right, having inherited a ducal estate and title. But he chose to spend a great deal of time with the muzhiks on his lands, being of the opinion that their outlook on life was preferable to the convoluted maze of rituals and obligation to which he, as part of the upper class was bound. Which is why all of his writings invariably include peasants who are portrayed as simple, just and positive characters most of the time. Even when theyre not, there is usually no malice assigned to their actions.

What religion has to do with it, I cant even tell. The "soul" in question is a pagan concept dating from well before the advent of Christianity. Its possibly better described as "national character" and may be illustrated as "this is how we do it in Russia, and if you dont like it or understand it you may go soak your head". What I have heard referred to as "Russian Nihilism" or your "everyone dies..." is simply a way of looking at events (usually tragic, cause thats how Russians roll) with the understanding that you cant do anything to change things. If you are meant to suffer than you will suffer. And no amount of Christianity, eastern or Catholic, Buddhism, Shintoism or whatever youve got, is ever likely to knock that out of the above-mentioned Russian soul.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 4554
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:54:47 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hey Yuri,

Here's one for you-from my work email. These Russian spammers are getting pretty lazy-they aren't even disguising their spam with translation into (bad) English...

So, let me guess-someone I knew died and left me a stack of money? Some money 'advance' scheme?

C0ÁEPEM ÄËß BAC
ÏO ÑÅTÈ ÈHTÅPHÅÒ
ÁA3Ó ÄÀÍÍÛX ÏÎÒÅÍÖÈÀËÜÍÛX KËÈÅÍÒÎB
ÄËß ÂÀØÅÃ0 ÁÈ3ÍEÑÀ!!!
ÑÎÄEÐÆÈMÎE ÁÀÇÛ:
HÀÇÂAHÈÅ,ÒÅËEÔ0H,ÔAKÑ,EÌAIL,Ï0×ÒOÂÛE ÀÄÐÅÑÀ,
ÈÌEÍA,ÂÈÄ ÄÅßÒÅËÜÍOÑTÈ È.T.Ä.
ÏÎÄÐÎÁHÅE ÂÛ ÌOÆÅTÅ ÓÇHAÒÜ
ÏO ÒEËEÔ0HÓ
+79IÇÇ9IÇ837

ETA: Eww...that didn't turn out very well with the forum text, did it?

Screenshot perhaps?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4555
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 5:57:55 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

What's up with ManU? Always nice to see them struggle being a Gunner fan, but sheesh...they are normally very consistent.

And what is with Man City? Someone pull a Chelsea on them?

What's up with Manu Utd? They're no longer the biggest fish in the pond, they don't have the money to compete with Chelsea and their youth programme isn't what it once was. Fergie seems to be trying to buy young players from abroad like Arsene Wenger, but he's mostly bought crap lately.
I like it, a majority of the Utd fans I've come across have been insufferable, smug ****s. Now they're not doing well they're not quite so annoying.

As for Man City, they're owned by someone with the title Sheik. So they have more money than the UK They may be attempting to buy the title (although I don't care that much, how else are you meant to get a foot on the ladder?) but they are giving chances to quite a few young English players instead of going abroad to buy players.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4556
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 6:10:52 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

too-early-morning guys.

this night i had to bring Claire to "emergencey psychiatric hospital".....

Best wishes Eric.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 4557
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 6:18:08 PM   
Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie
As for Man City, they're owned by someone with the title Sheik. So they have more money than the UK They may be attempting to buy the title (although I don't care that much, how else are you meant to get a foot on the ladder?) but they are giving chances to quite a few young English players instead of going abroad to buy players.

Ah....so they did get Chelsea'd.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 4558
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 6:38:08 PM   
Terminus

Hey Onime, how would you translate "apperatchik"? Is that even how it's spelled?

My idea is that it translates (roughly) into "technocrat"?

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4559
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/21/2010 6:40:16 PM   
anarchyintheuk

When I think 'Chelsea'd' I think whacked. Abramovich (sp?) is my number one on the 'Owners of sports teams that have ordered people killed' list.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4560
Page:   <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI