Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/12/2010 4:41:19 AM   
Mike Solli

Damian, thanks for the help. I'll figure it out tomorrow. It's pretty late and the morning will come far too quickly.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1831
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/15/2010 9:14:37 AM   
Bliztk

Another suggestion.

In the charts (especially into the Industry - Production Chart), have the ability of select what to show.

For example, now I have all HI, Armament, Manpower, Naval Shp, Merchant Shp and Vehicle pool. But since Manpower is in 320.000 I cannot clearly see the trends in the graph.

If I could de-select, HI, Manpower and Armament I could see the graph in a better way

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 1832
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/15/2010 9:16:53 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

Another suggestion.

In the charts (especially into the Industry - Production Chart), have the ability of select what to show.

For example, now I have all HI, Armament, Manpower, Naval Shp, Merchant Shp and Vehicle pool. But since Manpower is in 320.000 I cannot clearly see the trends in the graph.

If I could de-select, HI, Manpower and Armament I could see the graph in a better way

Yep, I totally agree ... I've been meaning to get to that ! Thanks again

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 1833
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/15/2010 4:43:25 PM   
n01487477

Done ... Or I could have to axis (one on the right) with a differing scale, but I think this is probably best

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 10/15/2010 4:44:31 PM >

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 1834
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/15/2010 6:03:12 PM   
Bliztk

BRAVO !!! 

Now the following question.

When are you planning to release the next version ??

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1835
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/16/2010 4:03:21 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Damian and/or floyd, can you tell me approximately how many threads you open in Tracker? I am investigating my memory problems and am curious. BTW, I seem to have better luck opening larger databases using a smaller -Xms parameter. I'm still looking at this to see what is happening.

One thread for the main program and a second (temporary) thread when reading in a new turn.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1836
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/16/2010 2:17:33 PM   
viberpol

quote:

ORIGINAL: viberpol

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

No Problems ... one thing to keep in mind is that using the UpgradeTo(path) may make you think there are more options available ... For instance many of the A6M2's will have to upgrade to the A7M3-J Sam before they can be downgraded ... obviously not an ideal situation. This is because all the A6M2's are carrier capable and the first option to change to non capable is the A7M3-J Sam... then this allows to downgrade. So actually there are very few groups that can upgrade in a timely fashion ... I'm on the fence about PDU ON being this restrictive ... but it's what we've got to work with.

Also there seems to be a bug (or WAD) that I'm going to talk to MichaelM about.

Good point, Damian.
What do you mean when saying about "a bug" (or WAD) here?
Talking about the general concept of PDU? IMHO it should be rather "SPDU" as "Some player defined upgrade"... I was talking about the single squadron for patrol version of Jude the other day.. uprades are in fact kind of much limited...

There is also another questionable feature/bug IMHO linked with upgrades.
While you fiddle enough with the upgrades, after some time squadrons seem to lose its first upgrade path available.

I've got many problems with after upgraded bomber squadrons to Helens (IIa) those which should be able to upgrade (according to Tracker) with Ki-48IIb army dive bomber now cannot be upgraded no matter what aircraft you try...
That really makes me angry... out of 12 suadrons available that should upgrade with dive bombers, only 3 are now possible to upgrade -- those that were sitting in China/Harbin with no previous upgrades. I especially miss 8th or 34th sentai that should upgrade with ease without waiting for new airframes... WTF?

The same can happen with J2M2 or/and N1K1-able squadrons!
The problem is (with the game not Tracker) that we do not know what we can upgrade with and what we lose if we upgrade a particular squadron. That's very frustrating.

So, even the PDU On is very, very restrictive... IMHO too restrictive and not everything seems to be working fine... JFBs beware what you upgrade and when because you can miss the opportunity.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by viberpol -- 10/16/2010 2:58:55 PM >

Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 1837
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/16/2010 2:56:44 PM   
viberpol

Some more details on how to miss an opportunity.
No way to get the Ki-48 IIb upgrade no matter what you try... :(

Attachment (1)

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 1838
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/16/2010 4:46:24 PM   
Nomad

viperpol, if you "upgrade" the April 43 version to Ki-48-IIa Lily, can you then upgrade to the Ki-48-IIb?

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 1839
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/16/2010 5:42:49 PM   
viberpol

quote:

viperpol, if you "upgrade" the April 43 version to Ki-48-IIa Lily, can you then upgrade to the Ki-48-IIb?

Nope.
The upgrade is lost (forever?).

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1840
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/18/2010 12:24:35 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: viberpol

Some more details on how to miss an opportunity.
No way to get the Ki-48 IIb upgrade no matter what you try... :(

Viperpool,
very strange and I believe you, but I just did a test with those Sqd and I had no problem seeing and upgrading to the IIb ...

I have seen paths disappear thought when you change type or attributes; but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

MichealM, might be the option ...

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 1841
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/18/2010 8:29:30 PM   
viberpol

OK, I submitted the error report and it seems to be a real problem (not using the word "bug"):
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2601896

It seems that with current engine JFBs can easily lose their linear upgrade opportunities...

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1842
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/19/2010 3:36:13 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz

If there is a "wish list" for future updates I would like add to it.

I would find it useful to be able to see (either on the Industry or Ships screens) my total lift capacity for liquids, cargo, and troops. I think it would go great on the 'Ships' screen as I could then sort it by ship class such as TKs (example, in order to figure out how much oil I can move at a given time).

I can get a "sense" of this in the Industry screen by seeing what is loaded on TFs but still find myself adding up total capacity from time to time.

As always, thanks for all the hard work!

Not really totalled here but I'll do that in the Ind Screen somehow... This is just for show

Attachment (1)

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 1843
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/19/2010 3:39:04 PM   
n01487477

Fixed up this screen with moveable split pane for easier use. Also made the columns better spaced.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1844
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/19/2010 6:59:06 PM   
Smeulders

Would it be possible to change the filter in the "ships" screen to the different types of ship as in the ship production screen ? I think it would really cut down on the time needed to search a specific ship. Bonus points if you could also search per country.

As always, thanks for the work you are putting into this.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1845
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/20/2010 2:10:57 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

Would it be possible to change the filter in the "ships" screen to the different types of ship as in the ship production screen ? I think it would really cut down on the time needed to search a specific ship. Bonus points if you could also search per country.

... no bonus points for me

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 1846
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/20/2010 2:59:23 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Another feature request. In the industry tab, supply and fuel could a feature be added that calculates the daily and monthly supply needed by the units in that zone. The same for building bases

So we can have the supply input needed to supply them, PLUS the real supply surplus at the zone, after discounting the expenses

Bliztk,
I'm really not sure about this ... the way I see it the only way to see is to use the regional histories to see trends.

• I can include LCU supplies and needs, but this would be a snapshot and as supplies move to and from bases when defending or attacking; I'm unsure of the value. How do I determine supply use by LCU's daily/monthly?
  • Airgroups supply needs would be much harder to determine given mission parameters; but interesting.
  • Building bases - I'm just not sure how much supply is expended to expand Port/Af/Forts each turn. And I have industrial repairs already accounted for.

If you could map it out for me and explain it more please. I see it would be a nice idea; just unsure it is possible as yet.

(in reply to Bliztk)
  • Post #: 1847
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/20/2010 6:58:27 AM   
    Bliztk

Page 252 explains what are the supply requeriments for air units.

Page 215 for the ground units expanding bases.

The monthly requeriment is the "supply required" in the unit. The only problem is that if that unit it`s in combat, then the requeriment is doubled.

A good idea could be to track the last 30 days supply expenditure of the units and average it.

After all what I`m looking for is for trends. Something like China needs 100,000 supply points more monthly to continue operations at current pace, so I can send a convoy with those 100,000 points and forget about China logisitics for a month

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1848
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/20/2010 7:40:55 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

Page 252 explains what are the supply requeriments for air units.

Page 215 for the ground units expanding bases.

The monthly requirement is the "supply required" in the unit. The only problem is that if that unit it`s in combat, then the requirement is doubled.

A good idea could be to track the last 30 days supply expenditure of the units and average it.

After all what I`m looking for is for trends. Something like China needs 100,000 supply points more monthly to continue operations at current pace, so I can send a convoy with those 100,000 points and forget about China logistics for a month

Ok, seems like a reasonable challenge & something worthwhile; I'll have a look into it. Time is a vanishing commodity in my World however

Cheers

(in reply to Bliztk)
    Post #: 1849
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/20/2010 10:47:15 AM   
    Smeulders

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

... no bonus points for me

I'm happy with whatever you're willing to do.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1850
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/20/2010 7:25:20 PM   
    Omat

Hello

I would thank you both for writing this tool. Thank you.

Omat

P.S.: Would it be better to write a warning. Something like :
    "Use of this Program may damage your computer, you marriage or your health"?

< Message edited by Omat -- 10/20/2010 7:27:15 PM >

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
    Bertrand Russell

(in reply to Smeulders)
    Post #: 1851
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/24/2010 12:07:15 PM   
    fcharton

A glitch report and a query... I'm using version 1.61.

1- Glitch : in the LCU screen, columns Fatigue and Disruption do not sort as they should : instead of being considered numbers, they sort as text, (numbers like 1, 2, 11, 5 52, 6 get sorted as 1 11 2 5 52 6, and not as one would expect..). Two possible reasons, either those two fields are not set numeric in the database, or the UI component you use for displaying them needs to have a parameter set for the two columns

2- Query : is there a simple way to see the situation at one specific (past) game turn? right now, I can see the last turn, I have "histories" on most detailed levels, but could I see (for instance) a filtered LCU list 5 turns ago, or some filtered base list at some "milestone turn"?

The rationale behind the query: I use tracker a lot to export data to Excel, which then makes it quite easy to build whatever subtotals or statistical analysis I have in mind (say, a break down of units per theater, with their cumulated AV, average Experience and Fatique, etc...). So long I export the "basic tables" I need every turn, tracker works wonders, but if I decide I need something new somewhere in the middle of the game, I'm stuck...

Many thanks in advance, and congrats for a great tool.

Francois

< Message edited by fcharton -- 10/24/2010 12:12:42 PM >

(in reply to Omat)
    Post #: 1852
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/24/2010 2:02:22 PM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcharton

1- Glitch : in the LCU screen, columns Fatigue and Disruption do not sort as they should : instead of being considered numbers, they sort as text, (numbers like 1, 2, 11, 5 52, 6 get sorted as 1 11 2 5 52 6, and not as one would expect..). Two possible reasons, either those two fields are not set numeric in the database, or the UI component you use for displaying them needs to have a parameter set for the two columns

Thanks, we'll fix that.
    quote:

2- Query : is there a simple way to see the situation at one specific (past) game turn? right now, I can see the last turn, I have "histories" on most detailed levels, but could I see (for instance) a filtered LCU list 5 turns ago, or some filtered base list at some "milestone turn"?

The rationale behind the query: I use tracker a lot to export data to Excel, which then makes it quite easy to build whatever subtotals or statistical analysis I have in mind (say, a break down of units per theater, with their cumulated AV, average Experience and Fatique, etc...). So long I export the "basic tables" I need every turn, tracker works wonders, but if I decide I need something new somewhere in the middle of the game, I'm stuck...

Francois

While the data is all there; it is used for the histories and is not readily available in the manner you ask for. You'd have to look at the histories of each unit and each base to gather that information. A timely endeavour. You however could make your own spreadsheet/DB front end through OpenOffice and connect to the HSQLDB DB and do this; but I guess that might be a bit of work also... sorry we try to do what we can but can't please all

One day I'd like to do more of this theatre by theatre breakdown and I'm looking at Blitzk's idea in-terms of economics right now... so ...

(in reply to fcharton)
    Post #: 1853
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/24/2010 2:41:32 PM   
    fcharton

Hi Damian,

quote:

While the data is all there; it is used for the histories and is not readily available in the manner you ask for. You'd have to look at the histories of each unit and each base to gather that information. A timely endeavour. You however could make your own spreadsheet/DB front end through OpenOffice and connect to the HSQLDB DB and do this; but I guess that might be a bit of work also... sorry we try to do what we can but can't please all

Thanks, I will try to connect directly to the database.

Development-wise, and when you have the time to consider this, maybe a simple route towards this kind of request would just be to expand the "export CSV..." command, by adding a "turn" combobox for the choice... This way, one could export :
    - the last turn (that's the current option)
    - another turn (that would be very close to the improvement I suggest)
    - the table with a "turn" column (as in alert), and all turns

Not sure how the database is organised, but it seems to me it might just amount to an additional "where" clause in in the SQL sentence.

Francois

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1854
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/24/2010 3:11:45 PM   
    Nomad

I need to report that i have seemingly solved my Java memory problems. I removed all traces of Java( what a job ) and reinstalled it and let it update. Things do now seem to be working right. I am guessing that one of the updates messed up something.

Does anyone have a link to the open office interface directions? I can't seem to find them.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 10/24/2010 3:41:23 PM >

(in reply to fcharton)
    Post #: 1855
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/25/2010 11:03:20 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

I need to report that i have seemingly solved my Java memory problems. I removed all traces of Java( what a job ) and reinstalled it and let it update. Things do now seem to be working right. I am guessing that one of the updates messed up something.

Does anyone have a link to the open office interface directions? I can't seem to find them.

Glad you got it going; I always reinstall my XP box twice a year, Vista I gave up on and I don't want to put cash down for Win7 yet as I still think XP does the job. Sorry should have thought about a Java re-install.

OpenOffice:
    In the old WITP Tracker thread
    http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1900242

Any problems as this was done with an earlier version of OO, give me a PM and I'll see about looking at it for you.

Cheers

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 10/25/2010 11:33:18 AM >

(in reply to Nomad)
    Post #: 1856
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/26/2010 12:58:11 AM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcharton

Yeah, now I see it. It'll be fixed.

quote:

Yeah, as Damian said, the program wasn't really designed for that. It is possible to do what you ask for, though. I'm not sure how much general appeal it would have...

quote:

Francois

You're welcome!

Floyd

(in reply to fcharton)
    Post #: 1857
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/27/2010 8:32:47 PM   
    Moss Orleni

Hi Floyd & Damian,

Tracker still rules! One minor suggestion though, its unimportance only exceeded by its insignificance (but I bugs me enough to post about it):

In the Aircraft Comparison screen, the rightmost Plane Nation drop-down list does not trigger an ''update query'' event after changing the selection.
    Instead of loosing sleep over it over and over again, I thought I might share it with you ...

Eagerly awaiting the next update, especially the improved aircraft upgrade path displays...

Cheers,

Moss

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 1858
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/27/2010 11:29:54 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

Hi Floyd & Damian,

Tracker still rules! One minor suggestion though, its unimportance only exceeded by its insignificance (but I bugs me enough to post about it):

In the Aircraft Comparison screen, the rightmost Plane Nation drop-down list does not trigger an ''update query'' event after changing the selection.
    Instead of loosing sleep over it over and over again, I thought I might share it with you ...

Eagerly awaiting the next update, especially the improved aircraft upgrade path displays...

Cheers,

Moss

Your sleep will be sound - I found the problem and added the missing two lines of code for this to work.

Floyd

(in reply to Moss Orleni)
    Post #: 1859
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/28/2010 1:16:37 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

The first step in this is just a mouse-over showing air group upgrade information. MichealM says that the next patch will change this a little and I'll wait until then to implement a better solution to visualise this.

(in reply to Moss Orleni)
    Post #: 1860
    Page:   <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI