Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This Happen To Anyone Else??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room >> This Happen To Anyone Else?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This Happen To Anyone Else?? - 8/21/2002 2:38:56 PM   
NZTrooper

patched to 1.30 and restarted a grand campaign (17) as us and very early on the ijn within the space only 1-3 days attacked or invaded Lunga , tulagi , buna and gili gili and then moved his CV's in to support the landings at lung and tulagi (damned impressive sight it was to see all these invasion TF hitting at once ) All i could do was watch and cry:( and all my planes at PM just sat there as it was raining for about 1 1/2 weeks straight :mad:
Not complaining .. in fact it was an awesome thing to see the AI do but in my previous games it only ever went for just!! buna and gili gili or it went for lunga ..
anyone else had this before where it did multiple ie 4 invasions at once with carrier support??also there was dd's and ca reported with all but one of the invasion forces (buna i think it was):confused:

All in all this game is great ...bit more practice and ill be ready for my first PBEM game:D
well off to try and find a way to get those bases back:eek:
Post #: 1
- 8/21/2002 6:10:08 PM   
Luskan

Nope. AI 1.3 took buna and GG with tiny invasion forces in the first week, and in the second week he ignored Lunga and landed 20,000 troops at port Moresby. Thankfully I'm strong enough that they won't be able to push me out, but still, was a bit scary.

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?

(in reply to NZTrooper)
Post #: 2
AI in v1.3 - 8/23/2002 8:57:12 AM   
CommC

It looks to me like the AI is better (or stronger) in v1.3 than 1.2, but since there is nothing mentioned about the AI in the v1.3 update list, I wonder if I am just imagining things.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Matrix: Was the AI tweaked for v1.3?

(in reply to NZTrooper)
Post #: 3
Re: AI in v1.3 - 8/23/2002 10:23:10 AM   
ADavidB

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CommC
[B]It looks to me like the AI is better (or stronger) in v1.3 than 1.2, but since there is nothing mentioned about the AI in the v1.3 update list, I wonder if I am just imagining things.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Matrix: Was the AI tweaked for v1.3? [/B][/QUOTE]

I've felt that the AI was more aggressive in 1.3 - but it's gotten it into a lot of "trouble" both as the Allies and as the Japanese.

It's interesting to me that the AI attacked NZTrooper in four places at once - I attacked 5 places at once against it as the Japanese player in 17 and the AI tried to go after too many of my assults at the same time, and dispersed its forces too much.

As far as the AI playing the Japanese side goes - it's been agressive for certain, but it still lost most of its transports and its invasion forces at Gili-Gili and Buna in the first two weeks.

All-in-all though, it is very entertaining and educational playing against this AI - I'm even starting to figure out how to conteract its "cheats".

BTW - I've noticed a significant reduction in the number of rainy days in v1.30, which is too bad by me, because I had gotten used to using the bad weather in May to move troops and ships around almost at will.

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to NZTrooper)
Post #: 4
- 8/25/2002 2:23:06 PM   
patrickl

I tried to replicate NZTrooper's goldmine ie 4 targets in 4 days in SCN #17 but to no avail!:( . However, the Good News, in SCN #19
I got 4 bases attacked in 1st 7 days everytime I load the scenario!!:D :D. I just love to see the Japanese AI come at me!!:cool:

(in reply to NZTrooper)
Post #: 5
- 8/25/2002 8:53:49 PM   
patrickl

Ok, I managed to get the Japanese Computer AI to attack 4 targets in Scn #17 simultaneously after more than 10 tries. It seems that this will happen only less than 10% of the times. If one is to try to load the scenario say 20 times, one bound to get it at least once. I didn't bother to save after loading the scenario and only save on Day 2. On daybreak of Day 3 you know you got it when the 2 task forces from Shortland turn south east towards Lunga instead of south west towards Gili Gili. However, I only saw one CA group accompanying the Lunga TF. Nevertheless, it is an awesome site and I even turn all my PM air groups to training so as not to disturb the landing parties at Buna & Gili Gili! :D

(in reply to NZTrooper)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room >> This Happen To Anyone Else?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI