Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to change window size?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> How to change window size? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to change window size? - 11/4/2010 7:17:30 PM   
GBS

All of the H3 games open in a very small window and I can barely read it. How do I change the size of the window or the resolution? I can't find an option for changing this. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: How to change window size? - 11/4/2010 8:23:35 PM   
GBS

Surely sombody must know. I have a wide screen monitor but the game window doesn't even take up a quarter of the space. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 2
RE: How to change window size? - 11/4/2010 8:31:24 PM   
chrisol

I'm looking for something similar.

I've notice on the game menu there's an option for H3 configuration. This includes several different resolutions and a sliding scale (click on the video and sound options tab) - I get it to take up most of my 1600x1200 screen in a window.

Now I just need a way to stretch it across 2 monitors...

bw
Chris

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 3
RE: How to change window size? - 11/4/2010 9:09:14 PM   
chrisol

Got it...
(It's in the Advanced manual, under "Other Legal Values for -V" just before the Index.)

You can manually enter the height and width of the Harpoon ANW window in the Harpoon3 configuration setting file.

My first attempt got it spanning both monitors with a width of 3188 and a height of 1136 (in a window). This actually created a few problems as the intial maps looked distorted horizontally (stretched) - not a problem as you can close them and reopen a new one which looked fine - but more of an issue was the starting menus all appeared at the join of the monitors (because it was the centre of the window - doh !) which made them hard to read.

I think I'll try fiddling until I get about 1.5 monitors across, and that will allow me to place other windows on the right.

bw
Chris

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 4
RE: How to change window size? - 11/4/2010 9:09:46 PM   
GBS

Thanks. I'll look for that

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 5
RE: How to change window size? - 11/4/2010 11:34:52 PM   
Rosseau

Thanks Chrisol. I was assuming the latest version of HCE would run desktop res (1650x1080) full screen, and ANW lower res full screen automatically.

I am wondering how much fiddling I'll need to do to make full screen happen. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 6
RE: How to change window size? - 11/5/2010 12:24:38 AM   
jomni

There is also a configuration app that you can use from the Matrix launcher.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 7
RE: How to change window size? - 11/5/2010 1:32:31 AM   
Rosseau

Thank you, Jomni. That really helped my purchasing decision.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 8
RE: How to change window size? - 11/5/2010 8:27:38 PM   
rsharp@advancedgamin

The best solution is to use the H3 Configuration Launcher (H3 Launcher) found under the extras folder in the Start Menu. Thanks Chrisol for bringing it up. Any sort of custom resolution is supported. Multiple monitors are not supported at this time but it's something we have to look into.

-Edit- This custom resolution setting via the sliders only works for the Windowed mode.

< Message edited by rsharp@advancedgamin -- 11/5/2010 9:19:53 PM >

Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 9
RE: How to change window size? - 11/5/2010 8:37:25 PM   
Geos

Hi all,

I had a small issue with the H3 Configuration Launcher when trying to resize the window size. (For ANW 3.10 by the way)

I am using Win7 (32 bit) and even when I moved the sliders for window size, the actual game size would not change when I launched it (using both the main menu and the option of launching through the Config launcher).

The fix I found was....

ANW will change my desktop to Win7 basic colour scheme when it runs... So, I manually changed my colour scheme to Win7 basic and then ran the H3 Configuration Launcher and adjusted the window size. I then ran the game straight away whilst still in Win7 basic scheme and the window was the correct size (as I adjusted it to.).
Then I exited the game, changed back to my normal windows scheme and now when ANW is launched it is the correct size.

Other changes seem to work correctly but if I want to adjust the window size this is the only way I have been able to get it to work so far.

Hope this makes sense...

regards,

Craig

(in reply to rsharp@advancedgamin)
Post #: 10
RE: How to change window size? - 11/5/2010 9:34:04 PM   
chrisol

quote:

ORIGINAL: rsharp@advancedgamin

Multiple monitors are not supported at this time but it's something we have to look into.

I got it to work fine across my 2 monitors in windowed mode - both at 1600x1200. Couldn't do it from the H3 Configuration launcher directly, but set it manually in the config file (right at the end there are width and height settings), pretending I really had a desktop of 3200x1200. I think I set it to something like 1588 x 1188 (can't remember off the top of my head, but the height I took from the max you can slide up to in teh config launcher, and the width I worked out from that).

I'll try to get a screen shot when I have a mo'

Chris

Post #: 11
RE: How to change window size? - 11/5/2010 10:25:04 PM   
piotre

I can't select the full size of my screen (1680x1050) in windowed mode.
Event though I set it to 1680x1050 in the config menu, it goes to 1668x986 maximum.
Is this normal?

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 12
RE: How to change window size? - 11/5/2010 11:26:28 PM   
chrisol

I might be being slightly daft, but aren't these internal window dimensions ?

ie if you set it to exactly your screen size you wouldn't be able to see any of the "window" bit, just the inside - which would kind of defeat the point (?)

I thought it changed it to 50 pixels less or so to allow space for the window bar at the top.
(Probably talking nonsense though)

Chris

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 13
RE: How to change window size? - 11/5/2010 11:56:55 PM   
rsharp@advancedgamin

quote:

I got it to work fine across my 2 monitors in windowed mode - both at 1600x1200. Couldn't do it from the H3 Configuration launcher directly, but set it manually in the config file (right at the end there are width and height settings), pretending I really had a desktop of 3200x1200.

Nice. I thought someone had done this before but I haven't set up multiple monitors to test it. Anyway, it's definitely a limitation of the H3Launcher. It checks the first monitor for it's dimensions and let's you set it to something slightly lower.

quote:

I can't select the full size of my screen (1680x1050) in windowed mode.
Event though I set it to 1680x1050 in the config menu, it goes to 1668x986 maximum.

Correct. This limitation is arbitrary but you can manually set the height and width at the bottom of the harpoon3.ini file.

Thanks for the help guys.

Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 14
RE: How to change window size? - 11/6/2010 1:33:12 AM   
piotre

quote:

Correct. This limitation is arbitrary but you can manually set the height and width at the bottom of the harpoon3.ini file.

Nope, that didn't work.
I have set 1680x1050 manually in the harpoon3.ini file, but by doing that the game starts at 1024x768.
If I go back and look at the harpoon3.ini file it still shows 1680x1050, but it doesn't display it. 1668x986 is the best I can get.

I just can't understand why the simplest things should be complicated in this friggin' sim .

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> How to change window size? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI