Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Do you hear the people sing?!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Do you hear the people sing?! Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 10/22/2010 11:28:41 AM   
terje439

Turn 186

Heads roll in Paris as the Emperor sees how his advisors have run HIS nation while he was out killing Austrians.
Order is soon restored and production optimalized once more.
If only the army could reach Parma sson so the Emperor can focus on the fun part of "owning" a nation...
Switzerland complains about trespassing of our troops, if they are not careful, they might soon have something real to complain about!

Attachment (1)

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 301
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 10/24/2010 10:31:43 AM   
terje439

Turn 187

Our army has still not made it into Parma, but it will this month. Britain has been informed that Switzerland will fall next, this might cause some issues since Britain has placed alot of money into this nation to keep it away from me. But this is a price Britain MUST accept if we are to make any deals.
The strength of the nations armies makes for some interesting reading I must say;

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 302
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 10/27/2010 10:11:29 AM   
terje439

Turn 188

The newspapers all over France all mention one thing, and one thing only.
"WAR DECLARED ON SPAIN!"

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 303
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 10/27/2010 10:13:37 AM   
terje439

Turn 189

So the siege in Parma did not go as well as hoped, guess we will need to remain another month before we head into Spain. Britain has landed once more in Italy and will either retake his own provinces or go for Ancona, the Ottoman Empire will head into Venice before we all take on Spain.
Hopefully this will be a swift war...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 304
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 10/30/2010 11:50:42 AM   
terje439

Turn 190

Parma falls and we move west into Genoa. Our smallest army has been ordered to move from its current location north of Switzerland and head for Parma, so has one of our fleets. This is done in an attempt that will be undertaken to take Sardinia which is a protectorate, and as such will be instantly conquered, no need for a peace treaty to achieve that.
Britain and Spain had a small clash where Britain lost 7000 men to the Spanish 0.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 305
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/1/2010 12:12:46 PM   
terje439

Turn 191

Not all happens this month, except that Spain tries to be sneaky again.
Will not work in THIS war.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 306
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/3/2010 7:06:55 PM   
terje439

Turn 192

Not much happening despite the war, I tried to tell Britain that she must stop trying to take control of Switzerland, England does not even dignify me with an answer. Some ally...
The war with Spain progresses slowly.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 307
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/4/2010 6:32:53 PM   
Zap

So have the allies pushed spain out of Italy, yet? Your alliance with England is not a friendly one is it?

< Message edited by Zap -- 11/4/2010 6:34:30 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 308
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/5/2010 1:18:56 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

So have the allies pushed spain out of Italy, yet? Your alliance with England is not a friendly one is it?

The Spanish still holds the British provinces in southern Italy, and some of the Spanish provinces in northern Italy is still Spanish. I leave those to the OE and Britain.

Not at all, Britain refuses to talk to me, so I am getting more and more annoyed every month. It seems the British are terrified of France, which in this game makes no sense since I lost the game the moment Preussia issued a DoW on me during my last war with Spain.

The goal now, is to make the OE win, and for me to climb as high as possible.

Terje

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 309
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/6/2010 12:58:56 AM   
Russian Guard

This post is in relation to the previous page, where you removed numerous Austrian Commanders via a Peace treaty.

Wonder if that is something that should be tweaked in the game to prevent...maybe only 1 General can be removed per Treaty. Heck, if your Allies followed suit with you, you can remove a Nations' entire military leadership, which seems silly. Even at just one per Treaty, several nations could remove the top 3 Generals, which would be bad enough...

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 310
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/6/2010 10:57:31 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russian Guard

This post is in relation to the previous page, where you removed numerous Austrian Commanders via a Peace treaty.

Wonder if that is something that should be tweaked in the game to prevent...maybe only 1 General can be removed per Treaty. Heck, if your Allies followed suit with you, you can remove a Nations' entire military leadership, which seems silly. Even at just one per Treaty, several nations could remove the top 3 Generals, which would be bad enough...

I think I agree with you, and I also think removing a general should cost alot more than it does. But in the end, there was not alot I could use my points for, it was remove generals, remove defences or money that was my choices.
After all, to demand an alliance would not work well in Pbem games imo.

Terje

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 311
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/6/2010 10:58:13 AM   
terje439

Turn 194

We found the Spanish!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 312
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/6/2010 11:02:22 AM   
terje439

Turn 195

The Spanish did not attack, and I now have two armies close to their main army. The Ottomans have advanced into Provence as well, so the Spanish are in a very bad place now.
Our economy is back on tracks, so each turn Russia and the Ottoman Empire recieve 45$ each to aid their war effort.
At the moment my main concern is a lack of textiles, I only produce 17 per month.

I have decided to keep my armies in place at this month to regain some more strength, and hopefully the army in Sicilly will take the island this month so it can be moved into Spain soon.
I forsee a rather quick war before we turn on the Preussians who are entangled in their war with Russia. One dagger in the back at the least desireable moment is something I want to repay in full!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 313
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/7/2010 11:04:19 AM   
terje439

Turn 196

The Ottomans force the Spanish into battle, and the Spanish take another beating, the Spanish are sinking fast. Our army took Sicilly, and will embark once more to land in Grenada, well in the rear of the Spanish. Our armies in the north advance into Loungedouc (sp?), it will only be a few more turns it seems before Spain will have to surrender. The we head for Preussia...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 314
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/13/2010 5:06:28 AM   
terje439

Turn 197

We come head to head with the Spanish, and we win. The Spanish morale is dropping totally unlike tiny tiny stones which according to one John Cleese floats...
I am not at all worried about this war, all I care about now is to get enough victory points to regain MY 3 provinces at least.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 11/13/2010 5:09:00 AM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 315
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/13/2010 5:10:31 AM   
terje439

Turn 198

The screenshot from this turn was not "captured", so it is gone, just as good. It was too silly.
250.000 French troops bash together with 50.000 Spanish troops. THe result?
10.000 French troops killed, 5.000 Spanish troops, and two French armies retreat north...
Wish I knew what happened there.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 316
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/13/2010 5:10:59 AM   
terje439

Turn 199

THE WAR IS OVER!
I was worried about my warscore, but it was good enough, 4 provinces (of which 3 were MINE) and two colonies changes hands. That means I have gained a total of 1 colony from this war (Spain has captured 3 and I have captured 2 during the war).
It is now time to head north, there are some raving mad Preussians to deal with.
Oh, and then there will be the case of the "war of the chocolate coocoo-clocks". Since Britains forces have now been driven away from the mainland, they cannot form a protectorate with Switzerland, so now is the time to take out that pathetic little nation.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 11/13/2010 5:13:41 AM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 317
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/13/2010 5:40:02 AM   
terje439

Turn 200

Emperor Terje de France has now ruled for 200 months!!! All give praise!
A DoW is issued on Switzerland, next turn we will invade and take the country by force. Serves the British right to lose the 3-4000$ they have invested in this nation that was placed within France's sphere of influence by the previous British King, HM King Mus.
We also take a look at the British demands from the Spanish war, Russia having no war score to talk about only demanded some of Spain's income for a short time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 318
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 11/14/2010 7:31:02 AM   
terje439

Turn 201

It is said that a picture says more than a thousand words.
However I think some explenations are needed for the picture below.
Of course you all realize that this is the new European map, but there are some things on it that needs an explanation.

The darker blue area, are the provinces we rightfully gained from Spain. As all can see, those provinces are in all regards French, always have been, always will be!
Red squares are the French armies.
Black dots are intended targets for those armies.

Army I is moving into Zurich following the DoW on Switzerland last month.
Army II is poised to take out a Preussian protectorate when we DoW Preussia.
Army III is advancing into the British province in North-West Italy, and will advance into the Papacy next turn following the
DoW we issued on said minor this month. I hope to take out the Papacy before Britain has a chance to do so (Britain and the Papacy has been at war for some time now allready), due to the fact that no nation gains more from any province than France does for Romagna (6 glory per turn).

Also worth noting is the increased red area in Southern Spain. That must annoy Spain like there is no tomorrow...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 319
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 2/2/2011 12:00:50 AM   
terje439

Update

The game is currently at a standstill and all my savegames have been deleted, so I will do this from memory.
The Preussians realized that they could not win a war against France and decided to cede some provinces in exchange for peace, after that the French soldiers have been busy sipping wine.
Our armies all have the max number of divisions in it, so we are now building 1st rate ships to annoy the British (who we are still allied with). Money is sent to Sweden (again to annoy the British), Russia and The Ottoman Empire.

Russia ended our alliance since I could see her troops and he feared the Ottomans could benefit from this knowledge, I will still send money to them though.
My armies keep marching around every now and then to annoy the British (a new hobby of mine). Once in a blue moon they will also embark on a fleet and go sailing (yup, to annoy the British).
Due to this, the British have withdrawn from Sweden, and Spain has taken the oppertunity to DoW Britain and are trying to take Gibraltar.

At this moment I have two options, 1) cancel my alliance with Britain and sneak attack, or 2) attack Spain once more when the enforced peace is over.

My stockpiles are increasing although I am sending 3/4 of my surplus money away every turn.

Who knows what will happen.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 320
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 3/17/2011 10:32:58 PM   
terje439

Another update

Due to mother nature the game is progressing really slowly these days, so nothing has happened, although one turn has been played.
France keeps sending out alot of money every month, but the good thing is that the glory points shows that I will pass Sweden if nothing changes and see me into third place if nothing happens.

HOWEVER, if I take on and defeat Britain, I could manage a second place (there is no beating Sultan Maestro now unless I turn on him, and honor states that that will NOT happen as he has been my main ally in the game). However the British are on the watch, my actions(funding enemies of Britain) are forcing him to keep 3/4 of his fleet in or around the Channel, so it might be a longshot to take on Britain, although I am building 4 new 1st rate ships.

An unforseen event lately is that Austria has turned on his former ally Preussia. Seems it is really a dog eat dog world!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 321
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 3/18/2011 1:21:46 PM   
terje439

Turn 203?? (mail says 200)

Again the French are happy to send out money to various nations. The Ottomans and the Austrians are focusing on Preussia now, but Russia is still mostly occupied.
The British are still guarding the Channel...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 322
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 3/21/2011 1:11:53 PM   
terje439

All quiet on the west front

As usual France sits idly by, ordered some trade, textiles from the OE for French gold.
For some reason I am called an aggressive leader...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 323
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 3/21/2011 2:10:11 PM   
Rondo

Good to see this starting up again. Thanks for the update.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 324
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 3/24/2011 6:41:34 PM   
terje439

The peaceful French

While the French soldiers have alot of free time in Paris, eating smeely cheese and drinking wine, the other nations march around all over Europe.
Well let them, due to the wine, population in France is at a max, many a new recruit has been born the last few years.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rondo)
Post #: 325
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 3/27/2011 3:43:44 PM   
terje439

An odd request

The Preussians came with a somewhat odd request. They wanted an alliance without me DoW'ing their enemies, in exchange for this, I would recive their two protectorates to prevent these from being conquered by Britain. This of course is a good oppertunity for us to gain some more culture so we accept.
It seems that Preussia feels isolated and deserted by its Russian ally.
We sendmoney to Russia, Preussia, Sweden and the Ottoman Empire as usual.
Reports from Brest tells us that a new Ship of the Line has been completed and another has been ordered. In some months we should have more then 10 1st rates in our main fleet, all of them have been given extra guns (extra long guns upgrade), and have been blessed by the Holy Catholic Church (Lucky upgrade). Hopefully this fleet will be able to battle it out with anyone!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 326
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 3/28/2011 5:43:50 AM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

An odd request

have been blessed by the Holy Catholic Church (Lucky upgrade). Hopefully this fleet will be able to battle it out with anyone!

Thats a good upgrade. Your navy should be invincible now

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 327
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 3/28/2011 10:26:42 AM   
terje439

Best part is that the ships built in Brest now have a morale of 5.0, which means they will meet the British at equal terms, and that they are far superior to the Spanish (well that navy is all gone anyway but).
I also like the extra long guns as it adds to their firepower.
Ofc if I had been the British I would have gone for the super admiral upgrades only they are allowed to use.

Terje

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 328
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 3/29/2011 12:22:05 PM   
terje439

In for a dime, in for a dollar

The fundings sent out by France each turn seems to keep Russia and Preussia afloat, while Sweden does not really need it. The Ottomans does need it although their stockpile is increasing. They have to pay large sums of money for every building!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 329
RE: Do you hear the people sing?! - 3/29/2011 9:11:27 PM   
Zap

Noticing, your position(ranking) in the world. I see why you look towards Sweden. Bringing them down would also move you into 3 place in the world. Which would be a real accomplishment after taking the heavy hit at the beginning of the game.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Do you hear the people sing?! Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI