Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

All Things Considered

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> All Things Considered Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
All Things Considered - 11/6/2010 4:57:51 PM   
TF-M

All things considered the HCE demo ran much smoother then HUCE. It was a much cleaner package. I hope matrix smooths out some of the kinks in the ultimate edition. Also H363 really doesn't work with Win 7 64bit at all. This may be no surprise to anyone but wouldn't want people to expect it to work. Maybe if you have the XP emulator it might but I do not have that version of Win 7.

ANW seems to work but no in game database pics work.

HUCE runs pretty well but launches into a scenario instead of the scenario selection screen.

Can't figure out how to view new Art in or out of the game.

Because so many versions of HUCE are included the HUCE folder seems very cluttered.

Mike

Post #: 1
RE: All Things Considered - 11/6/2010 7:08:15 PM   
TonyE

To disable the jump into a scenario in HC...

1. Once in a scenario go to File\New
2. Yes to quit current
3. Uncheck the "Enable Instant Action" checkbox, then start another scenario
4. tada

New art in HC by clicking on the "Click for all installed art" link in the lower-right corner area of the screen (you may have to move some of the game windows to see it).
The context-sensitive new art only works when you happen upon a unit in the unit window that has applicable art.

The additional versions of the game add one subdirectory HC20 so I doubt that is the clutter you are seeing. Similarly the pretty art is one subdirectory DigMilArt. Perhaps you can be more specific?

Can you be more specific about HC demo running more smoothly? They are almost identical code-bases depending upon the version demo you were using. I literally flip the demo constant on or off in the code to switch from full game to demo builds.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to TF-M)
Post #: 2
RE: All Things Considered - 11/6/2010 9:37:34 PM   
TF-M

Thank you for the tips! Enjoying HUCE very much! 

Mike

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: All Things Considered - 11/6/2010 9:50:14 PM   
TF-M

Spoke too soon about the clutter. I am brand new to the game and there are a lot of files in there that I am not yet familiar with. I also had no idea what to do with user scenarios but I figured it out.

All in all HUCE is running awesome and am enjoying it very much. HUCE was the main reason I got the game anyways so I am happy that it works so well. :)

The verdict is still out on ANW which does not run so smooth and will need a lot more attention from to to figure out what I think of it.

< Message edited by TF-M -- 11/6/2010 9:53:47 PM >

Mike

(in reply to TF-M)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> All Things Considered Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI