Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Copy of Original WITP to a good home!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Copy of Original WITP to a good home! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/5/2010 11:26:50 PM   
Sheytan

Hail and well met!

I have a copy of WITP gathering dust now that I have the AE version. If you are interested in a few lines tell me why you are interested in the game and why YOU should get the copy. I will look over any replys and decide on the lucky winner, assuming anyone wants it in a few days.

IF I select you as the winner I will PM you for your mailing details.

BEST!

Sheytan

Post #: 1
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/6/2010 2:22:28 AM   
Scott_WAR

I will give it a good home where it will get frequent attention and affection, but I cant promise I wont curse and yell at it when its bad......................

I have tried Uncommon Valor, and was intending on buying WitP as some point, just havent had the spare funds. Uncommon Valor reminded me of an old game I used to play called PTO, which plays like its WitP's ancestor. I spent alot of time playing that game and I am sure I will spend as much and probably more with WitP.

< Message edited by Scott_WAR -- 11/6/2010 2:24:10 AM >

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 2
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/6/2010 2:25:42 AM   
Sheytan

Oh boy! If you are the lucky winner I can assure you, you will indeed spend many hours playing WITP!

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 3
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/6/2010 3:52:46 AM   
Phatguy

If I win I will love and nurture it like my own and unlike Scott, I will also take it for a walk in the park so it doesnt get moldy and crusty..And it will fit right in with the rest of my Matrix library.....Oh hell, who am I kidding , I want it so I can play it. I am so tired of idiotic snooze fests like Civ V and it's ilk dirtying up my hard drive. I need a meaty intelligent game to while away those cold and dreary northeastern nights while my wife is stuck in her boring dead-end job...

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 4
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/6/2010 4:24:02 AM   
Sheytan

LOL! 1+

quote:

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker

If I win I will love and nurture it like my own and unlike Scott, I will also take it for a walk in the park so it doesnt get moldy and crusty..And it will fit right in with the rest of my Matrix library.....Oh hell, who am I kidding , I want it so I can play it. I am so tired of idiotic snooze fests like Civ V and it's ilk dirtying up my hard drive. I need a meaty intelligent game to while away those cold and dreary northeastern nights while my wife is stuck in her boring dead-end job...

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 5
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/6/2010 9:20:17 AM   
SLAAKMAN

Aside from the fact that "Duty is Weightier than a Mountain while Death is Lighter than a Feather" here is what most assuredly qualifies my Worthyness & Deservingness to assume the Sacred Bushido Duty of that Glorious & Holy History Titled War in the Pacific.....BEHOLD!!!;
CLIMB MOUNT NUKINUKI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0fG92VECc

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 6
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/6/2010 6:40:51 PM   
ilovestrategy

I've played WiTP(I have it already) but never the Admirals Edition. How is it different? I'm just imagining me now having to determine which pilot picks what choice of food in the chow hall before making sure he buttons up his jacket, before doing the start up for each plane! 

I kid, I kid. Seriously though, how is AE different?

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 7
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/6/2010 8:29:54 PM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

I've played WiTP(I have it already) but never the Admirals Edition. How is it different? I'm just imagining me now having to determine which pilot picks what choice of food in the chow hall before making sure he buttons up his jacket, before doing the start up for each plane! 

Bigger map(lowered scale), off map bases, new features, and more micro management.

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 8
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/6/2010 10:24:55 PM   
Sheytan

quote:

MAP is a huge change. And a big plus for the game, the game is just more polished then WITP.

Post #: 9
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/6/2010 10:28:38 PM   
Sheytan

One note, I determined the best way to pick the winner to avoid any personal sentiments is to conduct a lottery. I will hold this open for a few more days, then make paper slips with numbers on them corresponding with posters who indicated a interest in getting the game. Then another family member will pick one piece of paper out of a hat. I think that is a fair way to handle this. I think Wensday of next week is a fair time to wrap this up. So! Hang in there till Wensday.

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 10
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/7/2010 3:07:16 AM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sheytan

One note, I determined the best way to pick the winner to avoid any personal sentiments is to conduct a lottery. I will hold this open for a few more days, then make paper slips with numbers on them corresponding with posters who indicated a interest in getting the game. Then another family member will pick one piece of paper out of a hat. I think that is a fair way to handle this. I think Wensday of next week is a fair time to wrap this up. So! Hang in there till Wensday.

Just reminding you I already have the game, I was just asking a question. I don't want to rob any one.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 11
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/7/2010 3:35:37 AM   
AdmiralPrower

Is it too late to participate?

Admiral Lord Miles Prower, 1st Earl of Devon
KRSN VC GCB OM GBE GCVO DSO CGC MC, PhD.

First Space Lord of the Keplerian Republic Space Navy

Deputy Director of the British Temporal Security Service (MI-T)

Post #: 12
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/7/2010 3:51:46 AM   
Phatguy

Yes, Admiral...you are way too late !!!!!! Just kidding
And why would you want it anyways, you have the Admirals Edition...Feel like slumming with us unwashed peons who never gloried in the original?

From what it sounds like, you would be parking your Lambourghini and tooling around the ghetto in your Trabant....

< Message edited by apathetic lurker -- 11/7/2010 5:42:41 AM >

(in reply to AdmiralPrower)
Post #: 13
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/7/2010 11:12:49 PM   
Sheytan

No, you can as well, however if you have AE wouldnt it be better to let those whom have never played WITP or AE to have a shot at it?

However if you DO wish to enter the "contest" so to speak you need to follow the original guidelines. Why do you wish to get it, state your interest in the PTO. And why do you think you merit it more so then anyone else?

Yes, I will still hold to my lottery idea, but at least express some form of interest, IE, I would like to have it because I love the pacific theatre of operations for...this reason etc.

quote:

ORIGINAL: AdmiralPrower

Is it too late to participate?

(in reply to AdmiralPrower)
Post #: 14
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/7/2010 11:13:40 PM   
Sheytan

Understood. I wont include anyone in the lottery whom hasnt followed the spirit of the original post guideline anyway.

quote:

quote:

Just reminding you I already have the game, I was just asking a question. I don't want to rob any one.

Post #: 15
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/8/2010 9:14:15 AM   
martok

If I knew I would be able to devote the necessary amount of time to properly play WITP, I'd enter the contest in a heartbeat! But alas, I know myself too well; in all honesty, it's probably going to be quite a while before I'd be able to truly devote myself to such a monster of a game.

*sigh*

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 16
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/8/2010 12:04:56 PM   
Scott_WAR

quote:

One note, I determined the best way to pick the winner to avoid any personal sentiments is to conduct a lottery.

I think it would be better to go with first come first served

Just kidding. Good luck to everyone else (but hopefully not as good as luck as me).

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 17
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/8/2010 3:11:44 PM   
Phatguy

Is it too late to mention that my poor poor  wife is waiting with baited breath for the outcome of this contest? The poor dear so desperately wants me to win so she knows that on those cold nights up here in the northeast, while she is slaving away at work I will be in front of the PC playing WITP instead of absconding out to a local sleazy bar and doing my best impression of Al Bundy.....

Good luck all

< Message edited by apathetic lurker -- 11/8/2010 3:14:57 PM >

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 18
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/9/2010 1:49:36 AM   
Razz1

I remember the orginal on floppies.....

Since I'm re-distributing wealth and too young to retire I would put may hours of enjoyment into this game.

Especially as Japan!

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 19
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/9/2010 12:33:49 PM   
diablo1

Well let me tell you why I would like that copy of WitP. Several years ago I was in a terrible auto accident that left me without any arms or legs. Yes I know what you are thinking...how could I play WitP without any arms or legs? Well it's kinda like the story of when I went to a cathouse recently. I rang the doorbell and the lady of the house soon opened it an asked what she could do for me. I said well I'd like to do some business with you. She looked down at me and laughed and asked "What can you do...you don't have any arms or legs?" I says to her "I rang that doorbell didn't I?"

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 20
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/9/2010 1:40:01 PM   
Yogi the Great

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 21
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/9/2010 11:58:43 PM   
Phatguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

LoL

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 22
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/11/2010 8:22:29 PM   
Sheytan

Sorry about the delay, I had the drawing and Diablo1 was the lucky winner. Thanks for participating. Diablo1 I sent you a PM.

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 23
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/11/2010 9:18:18 PM   
SlickWilhelm

That was mighty nice of you to do that, Sheytan. I'm sure diablo1 will get many, many, many, MANY hours of fun from WitP.

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 24
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/11/2010 11:25:33 PM   
diablo1

quote:

Sorry about the delay, I had the drawing and Diablo1 was the lucky winner. Thanks for participating. Diablo1 I sent you a PM.

Lol you are kidding right? I really would never play it. So I concede it to another drawing. I just wanted to write my story (sniff). hehe

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 25
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/11/2010 11:36:17 PM   
JudgeDredd

out of order diablo1. This was a very nice gesture by a member of this forum and you've wasted his time.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 26
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/11/2010 11:54:33 PM   
Phatguy

For wasting our time Diablo1 cant play any brain games..For the next year he is going to be stuck playing Making History I without any patches......

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 27
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/11/2010 11:57:10 PM   
diablo1

Ok give the game to Apathetic lurker he was the nicer of the two.

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 28
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/12/2010 12:40:54 AM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

Ok give the game to Apathetic lurker he was the nicer of the two.

Wait wait what about me!! Im a nice guy & I like women in bikini's! That counts for sumthin' dont it?!!

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 29
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/12/2010 12:54:37 AM   
Scott_WAR

*grumble*,....getting too crowded in here,............. too many dogs, only one bone,....my damn bone.............grrrrrr

< Message edited by Scott_WAR -- 11/12/2010 1:14:47 AM >

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Copy of Original WITP to a good home! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI