Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OOB Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> OOB Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OOB Question - 8/25/2002 12:32:00 AM   
Bing

I can't find the OOB section, if it is still in business please direct me to it.

If it no longer exists and this is duh place, then:

We have a situaiton where an OOB has been heavily edited to reflect modern equipment. The problem is not all the edits are showing up - even though the nominal time frame has been observed in generating a battle, some of them don't show up at all in the purchase screens and a few of them have a button but will not respond when the button is clicked.

I seem to remember someting about this from the past but without an OOB section to search I am lost. Just vaugely I seem to recall a limitation of sorts on how many equipment types can be successfully edited, or there is a trick to get them to appear.

Can anyone help? A thread, an article, anything? Thanks all for your help,

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Post #: 1
- 8/25/2002 1:34:04 AM   
Kanon Fodder

SPWaW OOB

I never did understand why this forum is not a sub-forum to the main SPWaW

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 2
- 8/25/2002 1:42:32 AM   
Supervisor

Because it's suppose to deal with all OOB's for all games that use them. SPWAW is not the only one.

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 3
Re: OOB Question - 8/25/2002 2:24:40 AM   
Warhorse

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing
[B]I can't find the OOB section, if it is still in business please direct me to it.

If it no longer exists and this is duh place, then:

We have a situaiton where an OOB has been heavily edited to reflect modern equipment. The problem is not all the edits are showing up - even though the nominal time frame has been observed in generating a battle, some of them don't show up at all in the purchase screens and a few of them have a button but will not respond when the button is clicked.

I seem to remember someting about this from the past but without an OOB section to search I am lost. Just vaugely I seem to recall a limitation of sorts on how many equipment types can be successfully edited, or there is a trick to get them to appear.

Can anyone help? A thread, an article, anything? Thanks all for your help,

Bing [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll try to look at them tonite after work, I've yet to have any problem getting things to appear, there is usually a reason why they won't!! Stand by....

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 4
- 8/25/2002 10:40:17 PM   
Bing

Sorry - I found the OOB section. Didn't expect it to be in the general, overall forum main page. I'll take a look there, however still appreciate whatever help the WAW'ers can provide.

Thanks again,

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 5
- 8/25/2002 11:03:07 PM   
Bing

OK, I found the OOB sction and searched far enough back to the point where someone was asking: No version 5.0 yet??? In other words, early 2001.

From what I could find no one asked the specific question about why under certain circumstances equipment on the OOB will not apear on the pruchase screens, l though is does in the encyclopedia. This isn't a matter of setting the correct year, we have done that and as one example the light tank sections won't respond. Is there a possiblity that if ONE of the entries is out-dated the entire section won't respond?

Ex: J. Wood has done a modern OOB - its great, very much fun, Jamie now has me designing scenarios which I never did before - the equipment runs all the way to current but of course 1949 is the latest date we can enter in the editor screens. If, say, 8 of 9 light tnaks are available in June 1949 and one, just one, dropped out in 1946 would that cause the ENTIRE light tank section to be unusable?

Or is it something else? Is a puzzlement.

Bing

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 6
- 8/25/2002 11:47:19 PM   
Bing

OK - I think the problem is solved, at least for the time being. Been a while since I' ve fooled around with editing scenarios and have never done a complete scenario from scratch, other than the limited one for the arty tutorial I did way back when.

The reason this came up is my acquired dislike for snow. You live where I do, you get 160+" snow per season. You could easily grow to hate the white junk. I don't play winter scenarios. Period. I see enough of that stuff from November until late March.

So when I went to generate a map, naturally it was June. Then when I went to purchase equipment certain types were not available, including the entire light tank section (per above this is heavily modified OOB). What I have to do is: First, generate the map for June 1949. Then change the map date to December 1949; do not regenerate, just change the date. Then when I go to purchase I can buy the units I want, when done I can go back to the map screen and change the date back to June 1949.

The same routine works for replacing units in a scenario already saved: Change the date to Dec 49, go to the buy screen, click on units to be replaced, select the replacements, go back to map screen, change date back to June 49 - everybody happy, everybody singing.

The Battle of Pokanoza may now commence. Actually, not sure of the location. There are two towns in close proximity, Pokanoza and Pokadanoza - take your pick. It is our guys trying to save the world from godless Commies.

Bing

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> OOB Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI