Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dutch Sub Mining Post-Patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Dutch Sub Mining Post-Patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dutch Sub Mining Post-Patch - 11/29/2010 3:58:49 AM   
Bullwinkle58

Note--this is not a complaint or a request for any action. I did both sides of the patch to my on-going game with my eyes open, as I wanted the non-dynamic pieces of the DB changes, and I'm not that much of a control-freak with my AI game.

I'm in Jan. 1943, and have done about half of the Dec. 1942 Allied sub updates. I don't see any of the deck gun damage, or system damage, others are reporting.

However, I created a 2-O-boat sub mining TF with Dutch subs at Brisbane. They don't have any upgrade path. As I moved the subs to the TF and they loaded, instead of mines the text message reported they were loading Bofors 40 mm AA guns with a 15,000 yd range. In the device list, the mines were in the third line with zero loaded, and the Bofors guns were in the last line where the mines should have been.

I didn't send them out to see if they would lay. I disbanded the TF, and as it did I got a text message that the mines were being returned to inventory.

Just a note on something I haven't seen reported. FWIW, I'm playing a modded Scen 2 which already had split-sub-tubes in place. The split-tube code was provided me by someone who knew how to do it correctly; I did not do the editor work myself.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 11/29/2010 4:13:56 AM >

The Moose
Post #: 1
RE: Dutch Sub Mining Post-Patch - 11/29/2010 4:34:33 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Note--this is not a complaint or a request for any action. I did both sides of the patch to my on-going game with my eyes open, as I wanted the non-dynamic pieces of the DB changes, and I'm not that much of a control-freak with my AI game.

I'm in Jan. 1943, and have done about half of the Dec. 1942 Allied sub updates. I don't see any of the deck gun damage, or system damage, others are reporting.

However, I created a 2-O-boat sub mining TF with Dutch subs at Brisbane. They don't have any upgrade path. As I moved the subs to the TF and they loaded, instead of mines the text message reported they were loading Bofors 40 mm AA guns with a 15,000 yd range. In the device list, the mines were in the third line with zero loaded, and the Bofors guns were in the last line where the mines should have been.

I didn't send them out to see if they would lay. I disbanded the TF, and as it did I got a text message that the mines were being returned to inventory.

Just a note on something I haven't seen reported. FWIW, I'm playing a modded Scen 2 which already had split-sub-tubes in place. The split-tube code was provided me by someone who knew how to do it correctly; I did not do the editor work myself.

Dude...

You totally should have laid those water-borne 40mm bofors for unsuspecting maru-sans. Can you imagine how surprised those captains would be to have floating bofors open up on them at 15,000 feet?!?

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 2
RE: Dutch Sub Mining Post-Patch - 11/29/2010 4:48:55 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Dude...

You totally should have laid those water-borne 40mm bofors for unsuspecting maru-sans. Can you imagine how surprised those captains would be to have floating bofors open up on them at 15,000 feet?!?

And the Dutch don't mind being in seawater for long periods of time . . .

More like the'd run over the gun barrels and give their ships a free maritime prostate exam.

The Moose

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Dutch Sub Mining Post-Patch - 11/29/2010 4:52:24 AM   
Bongo

Playing scenario 6 post patch and am seeing the same thing with Dutch Subs O-19 and O-20.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 4
RE: Dutch Sub Mining Post-Patch - 11/29/2010 7:11:43 AM   
Sheytan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Dude...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Dutch Sub Mining Post-Patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI