Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Should we convert to the new patch if we haven't already?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Should we convert to the new patch if we haven't already? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Should we convert to the new patch if we haven't already? - 12/3/2010 6:04:07 PM   
brian800000

I've held off, just because of some of the problems I've read about on the forum. Plus, it seems the data fixes will only apply to new games, when I have one in progress. But I also know there are a few hotfixes to known bugs, although the known bugs are known quantities as well. What to do?
Post #: 1
RE: Should we convert to the new patch if we haven't al... - 12/3/2010 6:15:17 PM   
Smeulders

Install it, but don't apply the DB changes to any ongoing games. That's where the problem lies.

(in reply to brian800000)
Post #: 2
RE: Should we convert to the new patch if we haven't al... - 12/3/2010 6:19:19 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Smeulders + 1

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 3
RE: Should we convert to the new patch if we haven't al... - 12/3/2010 6:33:01 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian800000

I've held off, just because of some of the problems I've read about on the forum. Plus, it seems the data fixes will only apply to new games, when I have one in progress. But I also know there are a few hotfixes to known bugs, although the known bugs are known quantities as well. What to do?

Answers vary. When a new patch comes out, Joe, Rob, Tony and I discuss it first before making a decision on upgrading to a new patch. (we are doing a 4-way PBEM currently) If we come to a consensus, we then "schedule" a time for everyone to upgrade at the same time so there's no disruption in replay accuracy and such.

Post #: 4
RE: Should we convert to the new patch if we haven't al... - 12/3/2010 9:32:01 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

My take has been to sit out this hotfix in its entirety, awaiting eventual 'full' official patching in the intermediate future.

Post #: 5
RE: Should we convert to the new patch if we haven't al... - 12/3/2010 10:45:59 PM   
DivePac88

I and my PBEM opponent have fully installed the new patch, and there are no real problems. The only little glitch that I have noticed is my USN submarine guns, which are all damaged, but they can be repaired next time in port. I also think that being part of this AE-community, that I have a responsibly to help better this game, and that includes helping to test patches.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Should we convert to the new patch if we haven't al... - 12/4/2010 2:28:47 AM   
ChezDaJez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

My take has been to sit out this hotfix in its entirety, awaiting eventual 'full' official patching in the intermediate future.

You can patch the game without updating the database. That way you get the benefit of land radar and others. The wait for a patch that will update databases without requiring a restart could be a long time in coming.

Chez

Ret Navy AWCS (1972-1998)
VP-5, Jacksonville, Fl 1973-78
ASW Ops Center, Rota, Spain 1978-81
VP-40, Mt View, Ca 1981-87
Patrol Wing 10, Mt View, CA 1987-90
ASW Ops Center, Adak, Ak 1990-92
NRD Seattle 1992-96
VP-46, Whidbey Isl, Wa 1996-98

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Should we convert to the new patch if we haven't already? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI