Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Restarting. Da Babes or Normal ....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... - 12/4/2010 5:02:46 AM   
minnowguy

I'm at 10 July 1942 in my previous campaign (Scen 8) as Allies vs the AI. I captured Rabaul back in March and am currently prepping to invade Mindanao. I've got 6 active American CVs plus the Brits and the Japanese are down to 2.

Conclusion: this one is essentially won and I should start over with the latest patch and give the poor AI another chance. Maybe it won't feed me single-carrier task forces this time. :) (Although I must admit that the very effective BB raid on Pearl Harbor was a very unpleasant surprise! Kudos to Andy Mac!)

The big question is whether I should go with Da Babes or with one of the normal variants. I saved all my initial moves from the original campaign, so it's tempting to restart there and avoid a lot of the first turn micromanagement. I love the idea of Da Babes, but the thought of playing through the great DEI bug-out again is depressing.

Any suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... - 12/4/2010 6:17:04 AM   
witpqs

I suggest Da Babes, but you'll have to use Light if you want to play AI. Secondary suggestion: try PBM, Da Big Babes (scenario 28).

(in reply to minnowguy)
Post #: 2
RE: Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... - 12/4/2010 1:13:09 PM   
Sardaukar

DaBigBabes works as Allies vs. AI.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... - 12/4/2010 1:50:03 PM   
Mike Solli

Da Big Babes against a human. Totally different than the AI. It may give you ulcers.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 4
RE: Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... - 12/4/2010 6:35:42 PM   
Mac Linehan

minnowguy

"When you are ready for something completely different, and think you've Got What It Takes";

DaBigBabes....

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 12/4/2010 6:44:28 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to minnowguy)
Post #: 5
RE: Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... - 12/5/2010 4:52:08 AM   
Central Blue

Do the Big Babes against the AI if you are a dedicated Allied player and still feel a need to practice up for PBEM using Da Big Babes mod.

The mix-and-match of small unit support assets vs. the big base forces in stock will remind you of the war you might have read about in history books. The tempo at which they become available is worth learning how to match up with available transport and your own goals.

I won't claim that it will change your experience against the AI if you're that much of a genius anyway . . .

USS St. Louis firing on Guam, July 1944. The Cardinals and Browns faced each other in the World Series that year

(in reply to minnowguy)
Post #: 6
RE: Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... - 12/5/2010 12:41:20 PM   
Kitakami

Da Big Babes, definitely! And since you so thoroughly trounced the AI, I would strongly suggest playing PBEM. It is so much more challenging.
Also, for an interesting change of pace, try playing 2-day turns. It is much less forgiving of mistakes...

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Central Blue)
Post #: 7
RE: Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... - 12/5/2010 4:59:19 PM   
offenseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kitakami

Da Big Babes, definitely! And since you so thoroughly trounced the AI, I would strongly suggest playing PBEM. It is so much more challenging.
Also, for an interesting change of pace, try playing 2-day turns. It is much less forgiving of mistakes...

Could not have said it better.

I had never played 2 day turns and at first it was a huge adjustment. Many things are different and require a different style of micromanagement than the micromanagement of one day turns. The pace is certainly better.

PBEM is a whole new experience. I am doing two right now and they are # 3 and 4 for me. Unless I am testing an idea, I cannot even play vs AI anymore.

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 8
RE: Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... - 12/5/2010 11:09:02 PM   
noguaranteeofsanity

Likewise, I suggest Da Babes. The more historical approach, will make you adapt your tactics and plans.

While if you wish to still play against the AI, a restart will most likely result in a different AI script being used, as there are around a dozen different versions, one of which is chosen at the start of a new campaign. It will mean the AI will be likely to pursue a slightly different set of objectives and orders, compared to your current game.

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 9
RE: Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... - 12/6/2010 12:54:27 AM   
PaulWRoberts

I'm an AI player (not ready for prime time). Does Da Babes' lite mod use whatever AI scripts are available in stock, or does the mod require an update when new patches are released?

Thanks!

(in reply to noguaranteeofsanity)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Restarting. Da Babes or Normal .... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI