Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just Bought the Game and Had Some Comments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Just Bought the Game and Had Some Comments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just Bought the Game and Had Some Comments - 12/5/2010 8:32:29 PM   
omicron

Hi, I've been lurking here a while and just pulled the trigger and bought the physical hardcopy of the game last week. I installed it and had some comments about my experience.

The game store was fast and painless but it didn't tell me the shipping rates and options until the last step (post personal information entry). Also I didn't see "https://" at the credit card screen so hopefully my information wasn't compromised. As mentioned by Eric here, the shipping rates at least for domestic US was slashed in half due to the introduction of USPS service. I ordered the game on Monday night, it shipped on Tuesday, and was delivered on Friday via USPS Priority Flat Rate. Looks like they didn't make any money out of the shipping.

The shipping envelope looked like it had better days and the game box inside seemed okay. The box wasn't shrink wrapped and the cd had the serial code and even my name on it. I glanced at the box and it said "pc cd" and then I looked at the media and it said "dvd rom". The website said it was a cd-rom. I checked my computer and my dvd-rom seemed non-functional, leaving me with only my cd-rom (duh!). Luckily, after some tinkering I got my dvd-rom operational again and loaded the game. Easy installation just remember to use dashes with the serial number.

The version I got was already patched to 1.06. Seems like they are burning games as orders come in. Starting the game took 3 to 4 minutes but that's most likely my ancient computer. This game seems pretty complicated. I'll read the PDF manual and try the tutorial.
Post #: 1
RE: Just Bought the Game and Had Some Comments - 12/5/2010 11:43:08 PM   
Igard

You got your name on the disc? Grrrr.... I'm jealous.

Welcome to the forums, omicron.

I hope you enjoy DW as much as I do, it's a very cool game.

(in reply to omicron)
Post #: 2
RE: Just Bought the Game and Had Some Comments - 12/6/2010 12:18:51 AM   
omicron

Thanks Igard. I've been playing Space Empires IV - Star Trek Mod for many years now. I'll look into your mod once I get a hang of DW.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 3
RE: Just Bought the Game and Had Some Comments - 12/6/2010 12:35:33 AM   
Igard

quote:

ORIGINAL: omicron

I'll look into your mod once I get a hang of DW.

That's very wise to do so. The Star Trek mods change alot of the race stats, making some races much harder to play than others. Vanilla DW has a more level playing field.

(in reply to omicron)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Just Bought the Game and Had Some Comments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI