Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How Many Copies Sold?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> How Many Copies Sold? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 2:09:09 PM   
Zorch

Joel,

How many copies of WitE were sold in the first 24 hours? (If it's not too confidential)

I bet it's some kind of record!
Post #: 1
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 2:10:18 PM   
morganbj

Two.

Seriously, they won't ever tell. But, you're right, it's a quite a few.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 3:05:42 PM   
diablo1

Only a few 100 I bet these monster games aren't that popular really. Now wait until Heroes of Stalingread or Panzer Command;Osfront is released then you'd feel thousands bought into those.

(in reply to morganbj)
Post #: 3
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 3:08:31 PM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo1

Only a few 100 I bet these monster games aren't that popular really. Now wait until Heroes of Stalingread or Panzer Command;Osfront is released then you'd feel thousands bought into those.

Realistically, diablo is right. Even those these games get the most forum activity, they probably don't sell nearly as much as some of more easier to-get-into games.

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 4
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 4:23:54 PM   
Zemke

I will be will to bet this game has out sold most Matrix titles on the first day.  They set a record for the number of uses online yesterday, as people were waiting for the game to be released.  Also, after playing it, I can say it is easy to get started, but very deep at first glance.  WitE is to ground combat what WitP is to Naval and Air combat.  If you like operational level games, then this is a must buy.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 5
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 4:27:43 PM   
Flaviusx

They will never tell us this, but I'm pretty sure it is moving along quite nicely for a niche product. My own guess is in the thousands, not hundreds.

This isn't World of Warcraft and won't have 12 million subscribers.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Zemke)
Post #: 6
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 4:31:43 PM   
diablo1

quote:

They set a record for the number of uses online yesterday, as people were waiting for the game to be released.

They set that record for the number of users wanting to see HOW MUCH IT COST! I would wager they hardly sold an inkling of the number of users 20001+ that were online at one time waiting to see the price.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 7
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 4:39:02 PM   
Neal_MLC

I think that we would be surprised at how many copies have been sold so far. These guys know what they are about and what will be successful and what won't. While we will never know I am sure that they will be able to make their mortgage payment this month.

no matter where you go, there you are

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 8
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 4:49:59 PM   
diablo1

quote:

While we will never know I am sure that they will be able to make their mortgage payment this month.

Yes, because they have such a great Christmas list % off deals going on.

(in reply to Neal_MLC)
Post #: 9
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 6:16:24 PM   
Tophat1815

quote:

quote:

While we will never know I am sure that they will be able to make their mortgage payment this month.

Yes, because they have such a great Christmas list % off deals going on.

We got it diablo1,we got in the various threads too numerous to mention where you have posted. You think the game is too expensive,we got the message. Myself and most likely 1,000+ others think differently and have bought the game.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 10
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 6:19:42 PM   
diablo1

quote:

and most likely 1,000+ others think differently and have bought the game

But, alas you can't prove that and so it's just an opinion and not reality.

Makes my 100 sales prediction just as valid. You can't win this one so might as well stop tryin.

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 11
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 7:13:30 PM   
paullus99

No exactly a helpful form of discussion there diablo.

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 12
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 7:22:46 PM   
diablo1

quote:

ORIGINAL: paullus99

And yours here ^ was?

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 13
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 10:16:56 PM   
Neal_MLC

Does it matter one little iota how many games they have sold. I am sure the one you didn't buy will be purchased by someone else. Its your loss Diablo1, not theirs... Would like to stay and chat but I have game to play...

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 14
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 10:37:09 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neal_MLC

Does it matter one little iota how many games they have sold. I am sure the one you didn't buy will be purchased by someone else. Its your loss Diablo1, not theirs... Would like to stay and chat but I have game to play...

AAAbsolutely agree Neal_MLC. His loss. All I know Matrix has sold me more games than any other game maker. Hey, I play World of War Craft with my two adult sons. Civ V has me enthralled. Love GTA. But I own nearly every game Matrix has sold. They have a loyal following, no doubt.

But I still think their biggest selling, and most fantastic game was "Democracy". It must be. I still remember how I felt when I bought and played for 3 minutes.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Neal_MLC)
Post #: 15
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 11:01:57 PM   
Rosseau

Funny, so do I. You get let down by many games today. WitE was always a keeper. After just a few hours last night, I was editing divisions, tweaking scenarios. It was an exciting discovery process. It's an East Front scenario creation kit.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 16
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 11:27:54 PM   
diablo1

quote:

I didn't lose anything in fact I still have the $80/$90 in my pocket so I am richer than any of you and I'll be getting lots of games for that $80 while you play your puny ONE. (goes off to buy LOTS of games from Steam, Gamersgate, D2D and GOG)

(in reply to Neal_MLC)
Post #: 17
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 11:34:46 PM   
Vasquez

I think the sales are pretty good. I know alone 4 guys who bought WiTE today and they even dont have a matrix forums account

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 18
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 11:39:15 PM   
crsutton

Heck, you can't even get a good hooker for $90 bucks, and we are talking about 15 minute of fun (don't lie) there. Seriously, I paid a lot of money for WITP-AE but it is nothing to the hundreds of hours of gaming that I have enjoyed for the past year. Gonna buy this one but not before I find a good lawyer because I suspect my wife is going to leave me. And, it is not beause of that hooker thing either......

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 19
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/8/2010 11:58:34 PM   
Tophat1815

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vasquez

I think the sales are pretty good. I know alone 4 guys who bought WiTE today and they even dont have a matrix forums account

Two of my WiTp-AE pbem partners have already purchased the game,a friend of mine and his brother played around with it a few hrs ago here at my house. My friend so enjoyed building soviet attachment units I think I found a Soviet game partner there. His brother got real creative and was already talking about borrowing his wife's Ipad so he can read/reference the rules on that while the game is up on the computer screen. So yea,I also know 5 people including myself who have bought or are about to buy the game. But that and $1.80 will buy a large cup of coffee.

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 20
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/9/2010 12:06:50 AM   
hgilmer3

quote:

ORIGINAL: paullus99

I've noticed a certain theme from his posts.

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 21
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/9/2010 12:44:57 AM   
fsp

It's fine he doesn't like the game. But why does he feel the need to tell anyone about it? I prefer one great game (which WITE definitely is to me) to having many mediocre games. To each his own... 

< Message edited by fsp -- 12/9/2010 8:49:24 AM >

(in reply to hgilmer3)
Post #: 22
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/9/2010 1:33:24 AM   
jomni

go to the downloading thread and count how many pepole have made the download.

(in reply to fsp)
Post #: 23
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/9/2010 1:56:50 AM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Heck, you can't even get a good hooker for $90 bucks, and we are talking about 15 minute of fun (don't lie) there. Seriously, I paid a lot of money for WITP-AE but it is nothing to the hundreds of hours of gaming that I have enjoyed for the past year. Gonna buy this one but not before I find a good lawyer because I suspect my wife is going to leave me. And, it is not beause of that hooker thing either......

Ha ! speak for yourself

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 24
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/9/2010 2:09:07 AM   
Neal_MLC

Nothing positive will ever come out of Diablo1. He must be a bottle baby

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 25
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/9/2010 2:45:52 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

I didn't lose anything in fact I still have the $80/$90 in my pocket so I am richer than any of you and I'll be getting lots of games for that $80 while you play your puny ONE. (goes off to buy LOTS of games from Steam, Gamersgate, D2D and GOG)

Is that so diablo1? Please let me know how many good, or even decent games you think your gonna get for eighty bucks. Sure, you can go to those places and scrape the bottom of the barrel, coming up with older games. Your not richer than any of us, that's a matter of an individuals opinion. Our perspective, which seems to be the majority, is that the price is just right. And we are thrilled with the product we are playing. A person gets what they pay for. If Matrix charged less than $70 for this monster I would have wondered about quality, and their collective sanity.

BTW, what is the most you have ever paid for any game? Console or computer? I would just like to know, as I bet others would.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 26
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/9/2010 10:18:41 AM   
G.Boggon

I bought the game, and if it had it cost 200$ I would still feel richer for having done so. I think finding the time to play the game will be my problem. I am already spending 2h a day on WITPAE and the support is so fantastic on that game that I feel guilty that I have only had to pay for the game once.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 27
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/9/2010 12:25:23 PM   
Noakesy

Personally I would find it very interesting to know how many units are shipped by various games companies. I do not even have the foggiest what the market size is for this type of game. I can understand companies are a little reticent to let such information into the public domain (presumably for competitive reasons), but I would be interested to know how many other people are out there that have this game (having said that, I don't have it yet, will be in the New Year when hopefully some funds become available to do so, but the map looks stunning).

(in reply to G.Boggon)
Post #: 28
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/9/2010 2:13:56 PM   
pompack

A new record!

The games's not yet 48 hours old and I already have my first Green Button buddy!

EDIT: and no disrespect to brother Noakesy, he was simply the last poster after I hit the button (many posts above)

< Message edited by pompack -- 12/9/2010 2:16:11 PM >

(in reply to Noakesy)
Post #: 29
RE: How Many Copies Sold? - 12/10/2010 2:00:12 PM   
barkman44

let's put this in perspective,last week me and my wife invited my daughter and her boyfriend out to dinner,the cost was $104.00 for an item i ejected from my body 5 hrs later.this program will give me months if not years of enjoyment.like i said perspective viewing.
quote:

quote:

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> How Many Copies Sold? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI