Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Too many guns on some ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Too many guns on some ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Too many guns on some ships - 8/27/2002 9:41:26 PM   
sekullbe

I'm seeing some weird weapons patterns on some of my DDs; they're listed as having 0 or 2 20mms on one side and 14 or 16 on the other. While I like those nice AA barges I suspect something's not quite right.

I'm playing a variant S17 (Black Cat's Midway variant from Spooky's site) so maybe it's an editor problem rather than a game problem. Editing the scenario shows DDs with the proper numbers.

I don't think I've ever sent those ships back to PH for refit.

Anyone else seen something like this? (searching didn't find anything)
Post #: 1
Re: Too many guns on some ships - 8/29/2002 8:25:44 AM   
Black Cat

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sekullbe
[B]I'm seeing some weird weapons patterns on some of my DDs; they're listed as having 0 or 2 20mms on one side and 14 or 16 on the other. While I like those nice AA barges I suspect something's not quite right.

I'm playing a variant S17 (Black Cat's Midway variant from Spooky's site) so maybe it's an editor problem rather than a game problem. Editing the scenario shows DDs with the proper numbers.

I don't think I've ever sent those ships back to PH for refit.

Anyone else seen something like this? (searching didn't find anything) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi

Not sure what the problem might be, I never touched the DD`s weapons ( or any other ships ) in the editor.

I did increase, by very little, the Day and Night experience levels in some ships, including Bristol & Flechter Class DD`s, but that all.

I`ll check on the Scenario tonight with both patch Ver 1.20 & 1.30 and post what I have, although I`m only at 10/42 with 1.30.

At what time, and with what ships did you see this ?

Could also be part of the ship weapons probs that patch Ver 1.30 caused.

Rich

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 2
Re: Re: Too many guns on some ships - 8/29/2002 9:52:27 AM   
sekullbe

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Black Cat
[B]

Hi

Not sure what the problem might be, I never touched the DD`s weapons ( or any other ships ) in the editor.

I did increase, by very little, the Day and Night experience levels in some ships, including Bristol & Flechter Class DD`s, but that all.

I`ll check on the Scenario tonight with both patch Ver 1.20 & 1.30 and post what I have, although I`m only at 10/42 with 1.30.

At what time, and with what ships did you see this ?

Could also be part of the ship weapons probs that patch Ver 1.30 caused.

Rich [/B][/QUOTE]

I checked the ships against the editor & they were all right there- I figured it was a program bug rather than a scenario bug because of that.

I think at least one of the ships is Sims class; not sure about the others. I'll post what they are after I boot to windows.

I'm in 10/42 as well- I upgraded to 1.30 at the beginning of the month. Maybe updating in the middle of the game's the problem right there.

Thanks!

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 3
- 8/29/2002 10:19:02 AM   
sekullbe

It looks like Benson, Sims, and Farragut class DDs are broken, and all the rest are OK (Fletcher, Gridley, Bristol, Benham, Mahan, Porter).

It's 10/29/42.

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 4
Nope - 8/30/2002 11:22:36 PM   
Black Cat

I played past 11/15 and didn`t see the gun problem, however this was with 1.30, as I had in error auto patched the Ver. 1.11 Game I had been using when it became apparent that 1.20 had probs.... I have 3 versions of the Game in different folders :D

I think it`s related to the Cruiser Gun prob that Larson found in 1.30, but not sure why it`s doing it.

The Game often does inexplicable things for no apparent reason.

An example is that some people have seen Replenshment TF`s using their fuel cargo supply while waiting in port, so they start at 4000 and drop down to 3860 or something.

I have one now at Noumea, with 2 AO`s that have been sitting 15+ turns and still are at 4000...... I had 2 sitting at Noumea that started dropping down right away after creation...who knows:confused:

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 5
- 8/31/2002 12:31:04 AM   
Nikademus

What appears to be happening is that a 'bug' has slipped into 1.3 where certain ships and/or ship classes that are scheduled for future weapons upgrades are having these future values transposed onto said ships that have yet to be sent back to Pearl Harbor which is the only place that these "refits" can be conducted.

I noticed this during the start of my current scenerio. On returning to Normura after a carrier battle (Coral Sea) i noticed my three present CA's all had red marked weapons indicators representing 20mm Okies and the present 0.5 Brownings....all at "0" for the number of barrels.

No damage was suffered by any of the three.

As an experiment, i sent one back to Pearl and then clicked on it in the ship availability screen. Sure enough, not only were the red fonts gone but the ship now had its "post refit" loadout of weapons.

A minor if annoying bug that should be addressed.

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 6
Response... - 8/31/2002 12:35:46 AM   
Erik Rutins

Nikademus,

Yes, this was unfortunately spotted only after 1.30's release. See my other posts on the topic, it's unfortunate that it slipped through and we've taken steps to prevent such data problems from happening again.

1.40 is out now and fixes the problems, but games started with 1.30 should be restarted to incorporate the fixes to the data.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 7
- 8/31/2002 11:02:28 AM   
Nikademus

outstanding. :)

But.....sniff, the bombs.....da poor bombs still be UBER. :p

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Too many guns on some ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI