Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: CF Progress

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> RE: CF Progress Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CF Progress - 12/10/2010 12:25:46 AM   
Kingfisher

Funny how you see the news of CF's demise as vindication of your earlier 'opinions'. The fact of the matter is you knew as much as anyone else, programmers included, so the "I told you so" routine holds no water.

"splendid was their tactic of diving upon our force from the direction of the sun, taking advantage of intermittent clouds"

-Captain Takahisa Amagai, KAGA, June 4th 1942

(in reply to Ike99)
Post #: 31
RE: CF Progress - 12/10/2010 12:37:35 AM   
Ike99

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kingfisher

Funny how you see the news of CF's demise as vindication of your earlier 'opinions'. The fact of the matter is you knew as much as anyone else, programmers included, so the "I told you so" routine holds no water.

I don´t see this announcement as vindication of my earlier opinions.

It IS vindication of everything I said about Carrier Farce.

Yes. I told you so. It holds a lot of water. So much water you sound like you need to start looking for a life preserver because your drowning in all the water it is holding.

Can everyone here say ¨vaporware¨ now???

Let´s all say it together...

¨V A P O R W A R E¨

My last comments on the subject. I´m not going around in the mud with a lot of butt kissers. I was right, I´ve been proven right and the subject is not worthy of any more comments about it from me.

Everyone have a great day.

< Message edited by Ike99 -- 12/10/2010 12:44:44 AM >

¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.

(in reply to Kingfisher)
Post #: 32
RE: CF Progress - 12/11/2010 1:44:15 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ike99

quote:

Joe Billings Yes, Mike Wood and Justin Prince both had real life interfere with their work on CF, so it's not going to happen.

... Who want to make me the bad person now?? ...

Well, not me, but I was looking forward to this title.

However, after (finally) buying the stand alone WitP:AE -- that comes with at least one 'Canal scenario -- and HP's Midway, I feel somewhat satiated.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to Ike99)
Post #: 33
RE: CF Progress - 12/11/2010 4:12:11 PM   
borner

it woudl be nice if Matrix did to this game what they did to WiTP. release an upgrade that adds some of the WiTp features, removes some bugs, but leaves the smaller scale and thus more quickly playable game than WiTP.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 34
RE: CF Progress - 12/15/2010 1:31:45 PM   
SuluSea

It's really disapointing to read this as the game and features they spoke about seemed to hold much promise. On my end I believe the developers missed the boat, the right thing to do would have been to come out and tell people the project has been either cancelled or put on hold instead of leaving people in the dark. I tried to email Justin awhile back regarding CF and the email was returned to sender I figured the project was no longer being worked on by atleast him.

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to borner)
Post #: 35
RE: CF Progress - 12/15/2010 4:00:03 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: borner

it woudl be nice if Matrix did to this game what they did to WiTP. release an upgrade that adds some of the WiTp features, removes some bugs, but leaves the smaller scale and thus more quickly playable game than WiTP.

I would be very interested if they did this.

Sadly, I have little hope that either 2*3 or Henderson Field Designs would attempt this project anytime soon if ever.

Flipper

(in reply to borner)
Post #: 36
RE: CF Progress - 12/15/2010 6:26:50 PM   
RGIJN

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

It's really disapointing to read this as the game and features they spoke about seemed to hold much promise. On my end I believe the developers missed the boat, the right thing to do would have been to come out and tell people the project has been either cancelled or put on hold instead of leaving people in the dark.

couldn´t have said it better.... AGREE! Not the most glorious chapter in the Matrix book...

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 37
RE: CF Progress - 12/16/2010 9:13:42 AM   
E

Carrier Force? I've already got one! *grin*
(still enjoy it from time to time too!)

Attachment (1)

"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!

(in reply to RGIJN)
Post #: 38
RE: CF Progress - 12/18/2010 4:02:54 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: borner

But note the WitP/AE annoucement in the UV forum; long ago UV players had the distinct impression that matrix was moving us all into WitP the way MS would discourage the use of an older OS by no longer servicing it.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to borner)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> RE: CF Progress Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI