Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I Guess I Need A Refund

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> I Guess I Need A Refund Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 4:03:17 PM   
Jack Meauph

I have been trying to download my purchase for almost a whole day now, and I have been informed by Plimus that I am now out of attempts. I have to say I'm pretty dissapointed with Plimus.

I've tried different links, different browsers, different computers - basically everything I could think of. But the download just seems to freeze and time out every time at various completion percentages. I think the most I ever got was about 60%.

Anyway, I used PayPal to make the purchase. Would you like me to just reverse the transaction in PayPal or is there another way to try this?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 4:06:45 PM   
Flaviusx

Not gonna lie: I have found Plimus to be a real pain to deal with in downloads myself. You really have to babysit the damned thing and keep pausing and unpausing it to get a download to complete.

Jack, the good news is I think Erik Rutins can hook you up with a workaround for this and expedite the download.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Jack Meauph)
Post #: 2
RE: I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 4:07:31 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Jack,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but do not despair, I'm sure we can get the download to you. First of all, the links will eventually expire, but we can easily send new ones. There's no limit on how many downloads you can make. When you received the order information, did you recieve a receipt with an alternate link in case of issues too? Did you try that one? If not, I will ask the store to send you a new alternate link to try. Please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order info.

There is a known issue that came up this week where some versions of IE have a problem with the basic download link, which is generally fixed by canceling and restarting the download. We'll have that fixed ASAP. The alternate link should still work and all links should work fine in Firefox or Chrome if you can install those (you can always uninstall them after getting the download).

http://www.mozilla.org
http://www.google.com/chrome

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 3
RE: I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 4:10:42 PM   
Jack Meauph

Erik,

Thanks for the fast reply. The alternate link didn't offer any better results, to be honest.

I'll email you wiith my purchase info shortly. If there's another way to get the download, that would be great.

Thanks again.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 4:22:23 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Jack,

If we can't get you to successfully download it from a store link, we'll offer you a custom link to our servers. Just hang in there, please.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 5
RE: I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 4:32:05 PM   
Jack Meauph

OK that sounds reasonable. I already got the new link from Plimus, and I have 24 hours before it expires.

I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

Thanks again for the fast service.

Post #: 6
RE: I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 5:27:00 PM   
PDiFolco

Mmm, why having changed the Digital store, if service is poorer ? I bought scores of games to DR without any issues, now Plimus seems to be not that good... Just saving some bucks ?

Post #: 7
RE: I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 5:43:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

PDiFolco,

Please see our post here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/733/Welcome.to.the.New.Matrix.Games.Site!

This is in all ways a change for the better, but it's still early after the change and we are dealing with some issues that are affecting a few customers. We are devoting our full attention to getting any rough edges squared away and to making sure we provide the best experience. We made the switch because it would allow us to serve you all better. I'm glad you had no issues with DR, but many other customers did.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 8
RE: I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 6:28:38 PM   
PDiFolco

Thanks Erik, let time smooth some edges 
I didn't realize all the site was changed !!

Post #: 9
RE: I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 6:33:01 PM   
barkman44

it would be nice if d/l was resume supported,i use dap but unfortunatly not supported took me awhile to d/l myself ouch

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 10
RE: I Guess I Need A Refund - 12/12/2010 7:21:43 PM   
Jack Meauph

Hey All,

I finally thought to try and use a download manager, and I got the file on the 1st try in under 10 minutes. It worked great.

I used a program called Internet Download Manager (internetdownloadmanager.com). I don't know if there are better ones, but this one did the job for me.

Now to the installation!

Cya.

(in reply to barkman44)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> I Guess I Need A Refund Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI