Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How long can Japan fight with no oil ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> How long can Japan fight with no oil ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How long can Japan fight with no oil ? - 12/12/2010 12:06:11 PM   
G.Boggon

I am playing on the allied side in the campaign we hold all the oil except Borneo and northern Sumatra winch we will soon take back. The seas around Indonesia are saturated with our subs. We control all of Burma. It is February 1943.But we don,t have any experience playing Japanese. So how long can Japan fight on with no oil ?
Post #: 1
RE: How long can Japan fight with no oil ? - 12/12/2010 12:25:52 PM   
Puhis

I guess it depends how big oil/fuel stock japanese player have. But without oil fields Japan is doomed.

(in reply to G.Boggon)
Post #: 2
RE: How long can Japan fight with no oil ? - 12/12/2010 2:16:54 PM   
Chickenboy

Against a real life PBEM partner, the IJ would be hosed in short order. As Puhis says, it depends on stores available. Against the AI, all bets are off, as the AI 'cheats' on so many levels vis a vis production, supply, etc.

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 3
RE: How long can Japan fight with no oil ? - 12/12/2010 3:53:52 PM   
G.Boggon

This is a PBEM We just wonder how long our opponent can play on the war at see is a stalemate just now I think, if you don't count sub's. But one has to wonder whether its a waste of time to be planing massive invasions some months down the line if the Japanese production is going to grind to a halt soon.

< Message edited by G.Boggon -- 12/12/2010 3:54:36 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4
RE: How long can Japan fight with no oil ? - 12/12/2010 9:19:28 PM   
Alfred

Oil and production are two different things.

Firstly, although you profess great confidence that you will shortly recapture the north Sumatran and Borneon oilfields, you have not mentioned whether you hold the Chinese oilfields. That also overlooks the at start oilfields already held by Japan plus the at start oil stockpile. You may well be confronted with a Japan which currently has a bigger oil stockpile than you think.

Secondly, much of the Japanese production is not dependent on having any oil. Light Industry consumes resources and there is no indication that Japan is going to be hampered in producing supplies. How strongly Japan will be able to contest your planned invasions down the line will be much more dependent on the production and availability of supplies.

Thirdly, the impact on production of oil is via the availability of fuel to feed Heavy Industry. Unless your opponent has been quite incompetent, he should have built up a substantial stockpile of Heavy Industry points. Combined with (a) the oil stockpile, (b) continuing oil production and (c) closing down less important industrial production, your opponent will still be able to produce aircraft.

Alfred

(in reply to G.Boggon)
Post #: 5
RE: How long can Japan fight with no oil ? - 12/12/2010 11:17:33 PM   
G.Boggon

Thank you I think we will be playing Allied a while longer by the looks of it as the Japanese certainly control the Chinese oil.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 6
RE: How long can Japan fight with no oil ? - 12/23/2010 10:08:32 PM   
AkomoCombine

I am also curious about the oilfields in China.If Japan takes those fields does that slow down the horde of chinese troops i see on my border?

In addition does the garrison number on chinese cities i have under my control have to be maintained?

How about the Manchuko area ?Does that number to prevent the Soviets from entering the war go up as the war goes on?

(in reply to G.Boggon)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> How long can Japan fight with no oil ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI