Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Confused German AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Confused German AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Confused German AI - 12/17/2010 4:04:26 AM   
TR Shrum

I've just started my second 41-45 Campaign; the first on as the Germans and this one as the Soviets. Both games are unmoded and on "Easy" difficulty. As the Germans I made it to November '41 and have managed to take both Lenningrad and Moscow and have cleared out most of the Ukraine. I was wondering just how bad it must be for a Soviet Player. Hence my second go as the Soviets against the AI and this is where it gets interesting. Against a human opponent I'm sure that this could never happen, I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this yet. Here we go...

I've just started Turn 5 as the Soviet; I still hold Riga (supplied with rail to Lenningrad); I still hold Minsk (cut off); I still hold Lvov (cut off AND surrounded); next turn I will be able to take both Lublin and Koenigsberg without any opposition by "stay behinds"; I've lost only 56 Destroyed units (7 of which are Armor/Mech and the balance the usual "junk"); my Lenningrad-Peipus-Pskov-Vitebsk-Gomel-Kiev-Odessa defensive line is coming along very nicely; I'm evacuating industry with ease; and my Airforce and Mobile units are withdrawing without any interference.

The German AI seems to be completely confused by my "stay behind" (cut off) units. It seems to have stopped the German mobile forces dead in their tracks. The "stay behinds" heading West don't seem to bother the AI. Another thing is the AI seems to not give a whip about unprotected HQs, RRR Units, or Air units. My "stay behinds" simply move next to them, cobble up supply and move on.

Again, I understand that no Human Player would allow this to happen, but I was hoping that the German AI would be a bit more able. I'll give this game a few more turns and then move things up to a more difficult level.

Anyone else running across this AI "playing style"? Thanks for any input.
Post #: 1
RE: Confused German AI - 12/17/2010 4:19:00 AM   
TR Shrum

Clairification and an additiona observation. I've just start the Soviet portion of Turn 4; not 5. Also, I've generated 4 Partisan units just west of Minsk and they are all within 3 hexes of my "stay behinds". Is this WAD I wonder?

(in reply to TR Shrum)
Post #: 2
RE: Confused German AI - 12/17/2010 4:31:32 AM   
Tzar007

I think it's time for you to crank up the challenge and play at normal or higher...

Can't comment on the specifics you're mentioning but so far I've found the AI a worthy opponent. Read the thread 11th Panzer Surrenders to see an exemple of a very sneaky and solid AI who after "sacrificing" a panzer division, reserves some surprises to the unsuspecting player...

(in reply to TR Shrum)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Confused German AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI