Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Saves

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Saves Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Saves - 12/21/2010 1:40:35 PM   
moses

Here's probably an idea with a big hole that I'm not seeing.

Why can't the "save as" button and the option of exiting without saving be disabled for PBEM games. This would seem to remove most opportunity for cheating.

Sure someone could crash out of the program and then restart but that would require a very dedicated cheater.

I'd still like to be able to save in conjunction with the end turn button so I would be able to view the game situation while waiting for turns.

Post #: 1
RE: Saves - 12/21/2010 2:57:03 PM   
jzz001

+1 I agreed. meanwhile we really need the Anti PBEM Cheat function.

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 2
RE: Saves - 12/21/2010 5:43:17 PM   
moses

Don't know what an "anti-PBEM cheat function" would be??? But it would seem the change I outline above would be simple to make and would eliminate all but the most determined cheater.

It would make tactical cheating very tedious. (i.e. save, run combat, reload save , run combat again.) Now you would have to save, run combat, exit game, restart game, reload save.

Strategic cheating can be stopped by adding a mandatory autosave interval for PBEM of something like 15 minutes or so. (i.e. my encirclement doesn't quite work so I go back to my previous save and try again, but wait the computer autosaved and so I can't just go back to the beginning.)

Again these steps seem too easy. There must be some reason why it won't work. So I'm just curious whats wrong with doing something like this

(in reply to jzz001)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Saves Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI