Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SO! What MMO's are you all playing?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> SO! What MMO's are you all playing? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 4:14:29 AM   
Sheytan

Curious, I gave up on DAOC, WOW, and finally Warhammer. Is there anything good you folks are playing currently? I plan on buying a Alienware rig in the next month or two and need some MMO suggestions.

Merry Christmas!

Post #: 1
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 5:00:26 AM   
ilovestrategy

It really depends on taste. What is good for you may not be good for me. For example I have been playing Lord of the Rings for over 3 1/2 years and LOVE it! Some folks don't like it because it does not emphasize magic and it not a flashy game. It's also PvE based, very little PvP.  If you're a die hard pvper you will not enjoy it. 

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 2
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 5:14:03 AM   
mllange

I'm curious what you like about LotR that keeps you in the game after that length of time. Care to elaborate a bit?

There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 3
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 5:44:01 AM   
Sheytan

Played LOTR. It didnt ring a bell for me. It was a tailor made canvas for RVR/PVP. It had...monster bash...I admit what little pvp that aspect presented was fun, but the game was a huge disappointment to me.

Appreciate the comments though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

It really depends on taste. What is good for you may not be good for me. For example I have been playing Lord of the Rings for over 3 1/2 years and LOVE it! Some folks don't like it because it does not emphasize magic and it not a flashy game. It's also PvE based, very little PvP.  If you're a die hard pvper you will not enjoy it. 

Post #: 4
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 6:12:22 AM   
Fallschirmjager

WOW is the only one I have found that is worth reinstalling and playing. The game has been balanced to a razer's edge and you can solo, raid, have small parties or PVP. The game has enough variety and areas that you can do any of those and have fun doing it. The game also has enough of a population to support the game and enough new content to keep it interesting. And all the small touches like weekend fishing tournaments and holidays make it a cut above.

The only other MMO I found worthy was Eve Online but it was damn near impossible to a new player to have any chance. Also 90% of the players are European and thus 5-7 hours ahead and I found it hard to find groups that spoke English. It is not very newbie friendly either.
Every question or concern I had about WOW was answered by a game master. In Eve I found it hard to even find game masters.
Eve is a game I would probably love if I had the time and I curse myself that I didn't find it about four years ago. The longer the play definitely the more advantage you have.

The only other MMO I am interested in is The Old Republic. But MMOs are things that you can never know about ahead of time. And they have a very low success rate. For every successful one (WOW, EVE, LOTR) there are five disasters. FF 14, Star Wars Galaxies (shudder), AION, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Guild Wars etc

And then there are those who are average to above average but because they are MMOs they are not worth the time investment or the money. Everquest 2 for instance. MMOs are such that unless you are retired or a super hardcore you can't play 2-3 at a time. WOW keeps me busy enough and requires a 8-12 hour investment a week if you are in a guild.

Finally, Alienware is a nice system but pretty unnecessary for a MMO. Most of them are not exactly pushing the cutting edge of hardware. They have to be designed for the mid-range to low end systems to maximize potential subscribers. You could probably get a system at half the price that would run it just as well.

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 5
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 8:19:15 AM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sheytan

Is there anything good you folks are playing currently?

At the moment, none, although I'm toying with the idea of getting 'Fallen Earth' in the Steam sale as that seems to have features that could distinguish it from the crowd. The only MMO I've ever played for more than a month or two before getting bored is EVE, which is a great game but just demands more time than I have.

Pity 'Jumpgate Evolution' seems to be vapourware; that looked rather fun.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 12/22/2010 8:20:55 AM >

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 6
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 9:48:39 AM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: nim8or

I'm curious what you like about LotR that keeps you in the game after that length of time. Care to elaborate a bit?

Lot's of things. The game looks beautiful even on my 3 year old machine. It's a PvE based game and I hate PvP with a passion.

The setting is faithful to the books, the devs really paid attention to detail. Even after all these years of playing I still stop and look at the scenery.

Fast load times.

Older fan base, like here with Matrix. World of Warcraft was a cesspool of humanity in my opinion.

But it's not for everyone. If you're not a Tolkien freak like I am you are not gonna like it.

I played WoW for 2 1/2 years until LOTRO came out. I went back for 2 months but it did not hold my interest. I like the slower pace of LOTRO and the smaller fan base. With WoW I felt like I was in New York City.

(in reply to mllange)
Post #: 7
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 4:53:01 PM   
mllange

Much appreciated. I played LotR for a few months taking several characters into the 30's but lost my enthusiasm at that point. I think about picking it up again from time to time and wanted to understand better what keeps people involved in a game like this for years at a time.

There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco

Post #: 8
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 5:39:33 PM   
Anthropoid

Interesting discussion guys. Just based on watching it be played a bit, I too had sort of got that "Grand Central Station" sense about WoW.

What is Warhammer like? Does it do justice to the RPG, or is it based on the miniatures/battles version?

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to mllange)
Post #: 9
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 5:55:23 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

You have to give WoW massive kudos for the fact as stated that you can pretty much do any number of things depending on your mood, fishing, achievements, questing, dungeons. Yes, they may have messed with Paladins so much they they really must be doing it for kicks now, but it's still streets ahead of anything else IMO. I am looking forward to TOR though. Have been dipping in and out of LoTR but not gotten really bitten by it as yet.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 10
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 6:39:54 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Last stop on the MMO line for me was WWIIOL. Nothing has really interested me since.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 11
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 6:48:39 PM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Interesting discussion guys. Just based on watching it be played a bit, I too had sort of got that "Grand Central Station" sense about WoW.

What is Warhammer like? Does it do justice to the RPG, or is it based on the miniatures/battles version?

I'm not sure. I never tried it because I'm not really a pvper. Sorry!

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 12
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 7:56:39 PM   
Andy Mac

I used to play DAOC a lot but gave it up a few years ago hated the TOA time sink

Post #: 13
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 11:36:21 PM   
Sheytan

Played WOW for years, wouldnt consider going back. Tried Eve, as you said its hard to get going. Didnt have the heart for it.

Regarding the Alienware rig ive wanted one for years, and now have a chance to buy it. Regarding Upcoming MMO's I think Guildwars2 looks really REALLY nice. I am conflicted about anything else as they dont seem to ring bells for me, a Fallout online would be nice! Oh the Warhammer 40k MMO is something id consider as well, but its some time down the road.

Anything else upcoming you all are watching? And why?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

WOW is the only one I have found that is worth reinstalling and playing. The game has been balanced to a razer's edge and you can solo, raid, have small parties or PVP. The game has enough variety and areas that you can do any of those and have fun doing it. The game also has enough of a population to support the game and enough new content to keep it interesting. And all the small touches like weekend fishing tournaments and holidays make it a cut above.

The only other MMO I found worthy was Eve Online but it was damn near impossible to a new player to have any chance. Also 90% of the players are European and thus 5-7 hours ahead and I found it hard to find groups that spoke English. It is not very newbie friendly either.
Every question or concern I had about WOW was answered by a game master. In Eve I found it hard to even find game masters.
Eve is a game I would probably love if I had the time and I curse myself that I didn't find it about four years ago. The longer the play definitely the more advantage you have.

The only other MMO I am interested in is The Old Republic. But MMOs are things that you can never know about ahead of time. And they have a very low success rate. For every successful one (WOW, EVE, LOTR) there are five disasters. FF 14, Star Wars Galaxies (shudder), AION, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Guild Wars etc

And then there are those who are average to above average but because they are MMOs they are not worth the time investment or the money. Everquest 2 for instance. MMOs are such that unless you are retired or a super hardcore you can't play 2-3 at a time. WOW keeps me busy enough and requires a 8-12 hour investment a week if you are in a guild.

Finally, Alienware is a nice system but pretty unnecessary for a MMO. Most of them are not exactly pushing the cutting edge of hardware. They have to be designed for the mid-range to low end systems to maximize potential subscribers. You could probably get a system at half the price that would run it just as well.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 14
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 11:37:01 PM   
Sheytan

I will check out the info on Fallen Earth, thanks!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

At the moment, none, although I'm toying with the idea of getting 'Fallen Earth' in the Steam sale as that seems to have features that could distinguish it from the crowd. The only MMO I've ever played for more than a month or two before getting bored is EVE, which is a great game but just demands more time than I have.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 15
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 11:40:41 PM   
Sheytan

The IP was warped a bit to make it "fit" Mythics design plan. In my opinion it fell very very short of the IP potential. The game ultimately devolved into a big carrot race to get specific gear. The PVP zones are like pools in areas, meaning you can go in and PVP, and run out to safety.

The last straw for me was the chase the keep circle jerk back and forth. Zergs would aviod each other to simply take keeps for the loots.

I will adimit it was fun for awhile.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 16
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/22/2010 11:43:30 PM   
Sheytan

DAOC will always be ny favorite from the MMOs ive played. I agree that TOA killed the game. It invented some very very huge timesinks and the gear completely unbalanced the game. I wish Mythic had simply done a DAOC2 staying true to the original canvas with the utility Shrouded Isle introducted, spellcrafting and alchemy etc. That was the perfect game in a snapshot at that time.

Oh and no buff bots please in DAOC2! Course it will never be made but one can dream.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

I used to play DAOC a lot but gave it up a few years ago hated the TOA time sink

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 17
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/23/2010 12:37:52 AM   
Jevhaddah

Everquest 1 is my favourite MMPORG, I played it for years n years and had a great guild.

Played EQ2 but it did not grab me like EQ1 did.

WoW is fine, I played it for 2 years and have level 80 hunter, there were just too many idiots constantly bombarding me for duels. Then the catch 22 situation of 'If yoo want to raid the dungeons yoo MUST have the gear... but to get the gear the yoo must raid the dungeons.... put me off.

Eve was just too boring, if yoo are not into uber PvP then forget it.

I may have another look at EQ1 after the holidays, the graphics may be crap but it's the MMPORG I have had most fun with.

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 18
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/23/2010 5:24:17 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

Played WOW for years, wouldnt consider going back. Tried Eve, as you said its hard to get going. Didnt have the heart for it.

Regarding the Alienware rig ive wanted one for years, and now have a chance to buy it. Regarding Upcoming MMO's I think Guildwars2 looks really REALLY nice. I am conflicted about anything else as they dont seem to ring bells for me, a Fallout online would be nice! Oh the Warhammer 40k MMO is something id consider as well, but its some time down the road.

Anything else upcoming you all are watching? And why?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

A Warhammer 40k MMO would be awesome. But it would have to be heavy PvP or it just would not make sense. PvE in the 40k Universe would not make much sense.

There is indeed a Fallout MMO in the works that has been in development for some time. The game is not vapourware. The problem has been that development has started and stopped a half dozen times and changed developers. It seems that there is a question over who truely owns the Fallout license. The ashes of what is left of Interplay is making the MMO and claims they still own the IP. They claim that Bethesda can use the name and universe but only in a limited capacity.
Bethesda claims they own the IP and want to have the MMO canceled.

I have read the agreement and originally Bethesda in 2004 bought the rights for 3 RPG games and then in 2007 right before FO3 was released they purchased the entire license with Interplay retaining the rights to make an MMO.

Now the tricky part comes from Interplay agreeing to transfer right to a FO MMO to Bethesda UNLESS development begins within 24 months.
Interplay claims development has strated and Bethesda claims that they have been intentionally hiding the progress as well as providing misleading or downright false information.

I know you probably did not want all that. But this kind of stuff interests me.
Anyways, it would be awesome to see it happen but at this point it is in legal hell. What I wish would happen is Interplay drop their lawsuit and settle it by selling what they have over to Bethesda. Bethesda would then use their much more numerous resources to develop the MMO.
If Interplay develops it I think it has about a 25% chance of ever seeing a store shelf and a 10% chance of being worth playing.
If Bethesda took over I think those chances go up significantly.

The only other MMO I have my eye on is the Old Republic. A Star Wars MMO by Bioware who is a very talented developer.
They did the Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale games. They make the Mass Effect Games, they made Dragon Age and also Knights of the Old Republic.
They are a very talented developer.

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 19
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/23/2010 5:52:56 AM   
Sheytan

I hear OR is going to be theme park though. I hope thats not the case. Thanks for the info on the Fallout game. Heres to hoping.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 20
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/23/2010 6:10:21 AM   
pmelheck1

I played EQ2 from launch but haven't touched it a while.  Didn't like WOW as it was to cartoonish for me (reminded me of Dr. Suess).  I've played DDO and LOTRO and prefer LOTRO.  Now that Lotro is free to play I don't have to keep a sub and go back when I want.  I've been dabbling in Star Trek Online Demo to see if I like it.  I really enjoyed Star Wars Galaxies before the NGE.  After the NGE I never returned to SWG.  I have heard both good and bad concerning the new star wars MMO so i'll wait and see how it pans out. 

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 21
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/23/2010 6:20:08 AM   
Sheytan

Tried SWG it was deserted except in towns. I was a late starter and missed the "glorty days". I understood from what I read that NGE? Made some drastic changes to the game before I tried it that killed the game. Shame because it was a open canvas from what I saw.

quote:

ORIGINAL: mullk

I played EQ2 from launch but haven't touched it a while.  Didn't like WOW as it was to cartoonish for me (reminded me of Dr. Suess).  I've played DDO and LOTRO and prefer LOTRO.  Now that Lotro is free to play I don't have to keep a sub and go back when I want.  I've been dabbling in Star Trek Online Demo to see if I like it.  I really enjoyed Star Wars Galaxies before the NGE.  After the NGE I never returned to SWG.  I have heard both good and bad concerning the new star wars MMO so i'll wait and see how it pans out. 

(in reply to pmelheck1)
Post #: 22
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/23/2010 11:57:42 AM   
diablo1

SWG was one of the best MMO's till they killed it with the NGE. They destroyed hours upon hours of game time played by doing so because players lost everything that they had accomplished because of the NGE. See you once could be a conglomeration of character classes, you could be a rifleman, artisian, creature handling, medic, entertainer all in one character. Then the NGE dumped all that and you had to pick ONE character class to play and you lost all the rest. That pissed a bunch of players off and we left.

Now it's Guild Wars for me. There is no monthly fee, 3 main chapters and 1 major expansion and a pay to play content story that costs $10. Everything is instance so there's no kill stealing in instances or much moaning and groaning (except in cities and outposts and temples where most lazy gamers hang out just to argue or grief others like in most MMO's).

The only problems I see Guild Wars has is they moved away from the carrot in front of the horse method and loot or treasure is pretty dull and boring. Anyone and everyone can have the best stat armor, weapons and offhands as max stats for a weapon is +15% damage, but, they do have different looking skins for vain type players. Of course like all MMO's some weapons are harder to aquire, but, in the end they all have the same max stat no matter what they look like. This makes the game pretty boring. Same goes for armor and offhands. They have their easy to aquire max stats models and then some skins that are harder to aquire.

I played it pretty heavily till I completed all the chapters and expansion, but, now it's just not as much fun anymore because they have really romper roomed the game to the point any 8 year old can play it with ease. They pretty much killed the game when they introduced Heroes (3 more characters you control in the game and can build them how you like) and most players stopped grouping with each other to complete missions and quests or just exploring in general. It's so easy now I can just use my 3 AI heroes and plow through 99% of the content with them and the way I have them built. (Lots of necros and necro pets work real well in this game along with one character that can blind or mass blind). The new thing coming next year is the ability to use 7 heroes (to make a full party of heroes and yourself) and this is going to blow the game into oblivion of ease. I can already stomp most of the game with just 3, give me 7 and I'll rule the world. 7 necros with Discord? hahaha that will be so overpowered the highest god in the game will cringe.

But, at any rate the main draw for me to Guild Wars was the "no monthly fee" aspect of it. You don't feel pressured to play it all the time everyday because it's not costing you anything after the initial purchase like all the rest.

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 23
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/23/2010 1:08:31 PM   
hgilmer3

I have played two MMOs very extensively.  The 1st was Everquest.  I bought it thinking I would hate it or it would at least not keep my interest for very long.  It was one of those buys that you agonize over.  Do I want it? And then you put it off.  Then you think about it again.  I eventually bought it after it was out a year and only recently completely put it up for good.

I play WoW mostly because the graphics are kind of cool.  I play it to see what new thing I'll see.

KurtC in the WITE PBEM module.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 24
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/23/2010 3:08:02 PM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo1

SWG was one of the best MMO's till they killed it with the NGE. They destroyed hours upon hours of game time played by doing so because players lost everything that they had accomplished because of the NGE. See you once could be a conglomeration of character classes, you could be a rifleman, artisian, creature handling, medic, entertainer all in one character. Then the NGE dumped all that and you had to pick ONE character class to play and you lost all the rest. That pissed a bunch of players off and we left.

That was me! I was master Ranger/Pistoleer. I logged on one day and was like "WTF??????"

All those hours of perfecting my character......gone.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 25
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/23/2010 4:10:57 PM   
pmelheck1

In SWG I had a doc/combat medic and was working on Jedi when the NGE killed everything.  Pre NGE when one saw a Jedi one was quite impressed with the amount of work that went into crafting that toon, It tooks months of real time to accomplish Jedi status working your toon at least weekly.  Post NGE Jedi was just another class.  What I enjoyed most about Galaxies was as others have stated, their was no classes you crafted you toon based on how you played it.  You could have a toon literally shaped by your play style.  Combat was skill based at one point.  When the NGE came SWG became another cookie cutter MMO with FPS combat in a market flooded with the same types.  Sadly I have little hope for the new Star Wars MMO as the NGE was implemented by Lucasarts and if they think that formula is a winner we will see the new one exactly the same as the old with overhauled game play and even greater focus on Jedi.

Post #: 26
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/23/2010 7:11:18 PM   
Sheytan

Interesting read. Wasnt aware of what precisely had happened to kill the game. Regarding guildwars you have GW2 coming out soon!

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo1

Now it's Guild Wars for me. There is no monthly fee, 3 main chapters and 1 major expansion and a pay to play content story that costs $10. Everything is instance so there's no kill stealing in instances or much moaning and groaning (except in cities and outposts and temples where most lazy gamers hang out just to argue or grief others like in most MMO's).

The only problems I see Guild Wars has is they moved away from the carrot in front of the horse method and loot or treasure is pretty dull and boring. Anyone and everyone can have the best stat armor, weapons and offhands as max stats for a weapon is +15% damage, but, they do have different looking skins for vain type players. Of course like all MMO's some weapons are harder to aquire, but, in the end they all have the same max stat no matter what they look like. This makes the game pretty boring. Same goes for armor and offhands. They have their easy to aquire max stats models and then some skins that are harder to aquire.

I played it pretty heavily till I completed all the chapters and expansion, but, now it's just not as much fun anymore because they have really romper roomed the game to the point any 8 year old can play it with ease. They pretty much killed the game when they introduced Heroes (3 more characters you control in the game and can build them how you like) and most players stopped grouping with each other to complete missions and quests or just exploring in general. It's so easy now I can just use my 3 AI heroes and plow through 99% of the content with them and the way I have them built. (Lots of necros and necro pets work real well in this game along with one character that can blind or mass blind). The new thing coming next year is the ability to use 7 heroes (to make a full party of heroes and yourself) and this is going to blow the game into oblivion of ease. I can already stomp most of the game with just 3, give me 7 and I'll rule the world. 7 necros with Discord? hahaha that will be so overpowered the highest god in the game will cringe.

But, at any rate the main draw for me to Guild Wars was the "no monthly fee" aspect of it. You don't feel pressured to play it all the time everyday because it's not costing you anything after the initial purchase like all the rest.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 27
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/24/2010 6:59:16 PM   
diablo1

quote:

Regarding guildwars you have GW2 coming out soon!

Sadly even though it's going persistant world (so there can be kill stealing crap and jump on you PVP) they are still sticking with the maxed out loot stats though they may be higher theres just no fun adventuring for the same thing +15^50 I don't care what it looks like. I like power games. I played Everquest for years as well. I like that when I do finally get something that there is something better still out there. Thats why they called it Everquest I guess. Guild Wars has everything else correct, fun battles, lots of content to explore, roaming mobs and instances, but the worst loot system in the entire MMO gaming world. The way they increase the challenge in GW is just to give mobs lots more hit points than you and you just have to overcome there is no great AI in GW's. Even with all the extra hit points the mobs are still dumber than dirt. But, I guess that's the way they all are really. So, to compensate, keep increasing their hit points but let me keep finding better and better stat weapons and armor and offhands like EQ or WOW and the rest at no monthly fee.

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 28
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/25/2010 1:51:17 AM   
NefariousKoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

I played Fallen Earth for a couple months. I liked it, still do, but it seemed to be missing that little something content-wise. Dunno what exactly. Great system, though. The open-ended character advancement has been sorely missed. The loot system is all about scrounging for junk that ppl use in crafting everything which makes sense since it's a post-apoc setting. I'll probably fire it up again sometime and get further than the starter tier area. I had just learned how to put a wannabe M4 together and was doing good saying hi to mutant critters and bandits with my lil friend.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 29
RE: SO! What MMO's are you all playing? - 12/28/2010 9:13:51 AM   
a7v

Well, just to add my opinion about some of the mmos I´ve tried, I played WOW for 3 years, LOTRO for 3 months, Warhammer for 3 weeks and Conan for 3 days

After a longer break I bought  WOW´s addon Cataclysm and will level one of my old characters (Warlock) to lvl 85, after that I´ll probably stop again. This game has changed so much and definitly not for the better.
Like some of the posters before I started to play with a guild, did some of the old instances, but now I just use it as a single player game. The community now is one of the worst I have ever seen, 12 to 15 years probably and the game has been toned down accordingly to meet the demands of little children. The addon is absolutely linear, you have to do every single quest one after the other or you can´t continue. All the quests now are REALLY easy, you can not fail, and they are all made for single players, so no group quests anymore.

LOTRO now is free to play although you only get a small part of the content for free. The rest has to be bought in the item shop, which , for me at least, is a no go.

A game I really would like to see is Warhammer 40.000. Ultramarines anyone?

Ok, enough for now, have to sink more US carriers

Rainer

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> SO! What MMO's are you all playing? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI