Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of FNG questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A couple of FNG questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of FNG questions - 12/15/2000 10:56:00 AM   
PerryC

I just spent most of the last day d/l all the upgrades for SPW@W. And I have a couple of questions reference these d/l 1> I have v4 installed already, do I have to install v4 to v4.1 then go v4.1 to v4.2 etc or can i go straight to v4.4 2> When installing v4.1 how do you deal with the problem of the installwizard asking for disk #2? I know I read the answer to this problem somewhere in these forums but now I can't find it. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks Perry pro patria

Post #: 1
- 12/15/2000 11:32:00 AM   
GrinningDwarf

I was informed that I had to progress from 4.0 to 4.1 etc. That is what I did and it works fine. I don't recall a message asking for disc #2. I can't help on that part.

Sergeant to new replacements on the line: I may not have time to tell you to duck, but if you see me dive for the ground you might want to think about why I'm doing it.

(in reply to PerryC)
Post #: 2
- 12/15/2000 12:27:00 PM   
Larry Wagner

Perry, All you need is version 4.4. The other versions 4.1 thru 4.3 where up grades to 4.0. The 4.4 version is the whole ball of wax up graded. Larry

Larry Wagner USMC, SGT. 1972-1985

(in reply to PerryC)
Post #: 3
- 12/15/2000 1:15:00 PM   
Warrior

Hi Perry! I have also installed version 4 from the full download, and if your install wizard is asking for a disc 2, it must be drunk - you're not installing from a disc. In any case, you have to first install v4 (which you've done), then 4.1, then 4.2, and finally the upgrade to 4.4. And you MUST do it in that order! To see the graphic explanation go to: http://www.matrixgames.com/spwaw/downloads.asp. I don't know where Larry could get the entire 4.4 at one shot, it's not available on the downloads page. [This message has been edited by REMF (edited December 15, 2000).] [This message has been edited by REMF (edited December 15, 2000).]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to PerryC)
Post #: 4
- 12/15/2000 1:45:00 PM   
kao16

quote:

Originally posted by REMF: Hi Perry! I have also installed version 4 from the full download, and if your install wizard is asking for a disc 2, it must be drunk - you're not installing from a disc. In any case, you have to first install v4 (which you've done), then 4.1, then 4.2, and finally the upgrade to 4.4. And you MUST do it in that order! To see the graphic explanation go to: http://www.matrixgames.com/spwaw/downloads.asp. I don't know where Larry could get the entire 4.4 at one shot, it's not available on the downloads page.
IIRC, if it asks for disk #2 then you didn't download the whole file. RE: V4.4 complete - the Games Domain alternative download sites offer the following: "The game is completely free and is the FULL version - click on one of the flags below to download. Filename: SPWaWv44Complete.exe Size: 352128k" I assume this means that the complete V4.4 can be downloaded as one file rather than go through the V4, plus V4.1, V4.2, & V4.4 upgrade patches.

(in reply to PerryC)
Post #: 5
- 12/15/2000 2:33:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Perry, I'm going to check, but I think you can go ahead and load 4.4 on top of your 4.1 upgraded game and it should work fine. If it does not, then load them in order, 4.1,2,3,4 When you get that message, disc 2 needed, it means, as kao says, you have a file that was not properly downloaded. Thank goodness it is one of the smaller ones. Try the above suggestion I mentioned first and see if that does it for you. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to PerryC)
Post #: 6
- 12/15/2000 8:57:00 PM   
waynef

Can someone verify this: RE: V4.4 complete - the Games Domain alternative download sites offer the following: "The game is completely free and is the FULL version - click on one of the flags below to download. Filename: SPWaWv44Complete.exe Size: 352128k" My questions: Is it true you can get 1 complete file v4.4? I thought I could only get v4.0 and then had to apply each v4.1, v4.2, v4.3 and 4.4 upgrade patch? ------------------ "Upon my command...unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne [This message has been edited by waynef (edited December 15, 2000).]

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

(in reply to PerryC)
Post #: 7
- 12/15/2000 11:08:00 PM   
PerryC

Thanks guys for all the responses. You people are quick. I'm still getting the message asking for disk #2. However, I went ahead and installed v4.4, everything seems OK in the game. Only now, when I go to check out the TOE, I get a message stating that the SPWAWTOE.pdf file is missing. Did I get a series of bad downloads here? I don't want to have do all that d/l all over again if I don't have to. Thanks Perry pro patria

(in reply to PerryC)
Post #: 8
- 12/16/2000 8:23:00 AM   
PerryC

Alrught I think I finally got this figured out. It turns out that everyone was correct on this one. There is a site or sites where you can download the upgrades in order, these you have to install in order: 1 to 2 to 3 to 4. At the site that Kao mentioned you can download the whole v4.4 game. its a whopping 360+ mbs though. I still cant get evrything to install properly so I'll go with what I have and get a hold of v4.5 when it comes out. thanks, Perry pro patria

(in reply to PerryC)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A couple of FNG questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI