Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MSW and DMS deployments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> MSW and DMS deployments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MSW and DMS deployments - 8/31/2002 8:24:16 PM   
worr

I've found the IJN likes to lay mines in their own ports to wreck havoc on landings there. Therefore I've often sent MSWs and DMSs on ahead under air cover to sweep out the areas. I've sent them for an entire week to find no mines at all...but then to find hundreds of mines after the invasion begins.

Would the mine sweeprs find these minds if put in the convoy with the LCVPs? Or is this just a bug?

Because as soon as I capture the base the mines are gone in a few turns. But not before.

Worr, out
Post #: 1
Same problem - 8/31/2002 8:36:54 PM   
Wasp

I have had the same problem as well. During an invasion of Shortland Island, I sent down an entire fleet of DMS, but they found no mines, so I send down my transports loaded with the 1st marine division. And voila, half of my ships hit mines and I lose a singnificant # of men and transports. I just can't figure this out. How could it be that a fleet of DMS can miss an mine field but an fleet of transports can hit them?

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 2
Re: MSW and DMS deployments - 8/31/2002 8:40:38 PM   
Spooky

[QUOTE]Originally posted by worr
[B]I've found the IJN likes to lay mines in their own ports to wreck havoc on landings there. Therefore I've often sent MSWs and DMSs on ahead under air cover to sweep out the areas. I've sent them for an entire week to find no mines at all...but then to find hundreds of mines after the invasion begins.

Would the mine sweeprs find these minds if put in the convoy with the LCVPs? Or is this just a bug?

Because as soon as I capture the base the mines are gone in a few turns. But not before.

Worr, out [/B][/QUOTE]

There is already a thread about this somewhere in the forum ... Yes, these mines will be found by your MSW if they are with the transport TF.

The point is that these mines are probably very close to the shores ... and your MSW do not go too close to the shore because of the CD units ... unless of course if they are with invasion transport TF

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> MSW and DMS deployments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI