Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness - 12/26/2010 10:38:31 AM   
Colwyn

Bit disappointed with the number of bugs and or difficulties at the least in whats going on.

1. Screen resolution is stuck at what it is i can't resize and in runs in a window and i have to manually move it around. why can't the game like all others allow you to chose resolution.

2. last active unit after a few go's seems to get stuck in the RHS, also highlighted admin items tend to not show and i have to reload game to get them back.

3. Recon mode for AI there needs to be a hot key to bypass/speed this up.

4. Units transported by rain when moved to a spot with another unit doesn't allow you to dismount thew unit even though 15 mp remains.

5. Much more pop up info needs to appear if for any reason a command is not accepted, ie a city is cut off when you go to move factories it allows you to select itmes and highlights acceptable cities to move, you right click and nothing happens, a message saying city is cut off you need to open a soviet corridor or have air transport is required.

6. Train movement is so slow, it wasn't obvious at all if even possible to hit space for eg to just complete the movement.

7. Reset unit HQ for units, we MUST have a way to select a Front HQ and reasign units to nearest HQ as a option, doing it one by one just is a pain esp when things get crazy.

Game has huge potential just needs to be more user friendly..

I have the latest patch btw

ps im a former games developer ex Commodore 64...

< Message edited by Colwyn -- 12/26/2010 10:42:22 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness - 12/26/2010 12:09:36 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Colwyn

Bit disappointed with the number of bugs and or difficulties at the least in whats going on.

Hmmm... if other games would have this kind of support...

quote:

1. Screen resolution is stuck at what it is i can't resize and in runs in a window and i have to manually move it around. why can't the game like all others allow you to chose resolution.

The resolution is the resolution of your desktop!

If you have desktop at 1600x1200 then, when you maximize the WitE, you should get as much of that 1600x1200 resolution as possible (apart from windows taskbar - depending on whether you are hiding it or not)...

quote:

2. last active unit after a few go's seems to get stuck in the RHS, also highlighted admin items tend to not show and i have to reload game to get them back.

I am not quite following this... please explain some more...

quote:

3. Recon mode for AI there needs to be a hot key to bypass/speed this up.

Just change the combat resolution speed (0 ... 7 Combat resolution message levels 0=off or levels 1 to 7)!

quote:

4. Units transported by rain when moved to a spot with another unit doesn't allow you to dismount thew unit even though 15 mp remains.

You mean when there is stacking limit reached?

quote:

5. Much more pop up info needs to appear if for any reason a command is not accepted, ie a city is cut off when you go to move factories it allows you to select itmes and highlights acceptable cities to move, you right click and nothing happens, a message saying city is cut off you need to open a soviet corridor or have air transport is required.

I will pass this to development board...

quote:

6. Train movement is so slow, it wasn't obvious at all if even possible to hit space for eg to just complete the movement.

You can change the speed of move animations through preferences (or immediately speed it up with "space" key)!

quote:

7. Reset unit HQ for units, we MUST have a way to select a Front HQ and reasign units to nearest HQ as a option, doing it one by one just is a pain esp when things get crazy.

You can do it for each unit at the time (there is key for that for each unit) - but it is not very wise thing to do due to AP expenditure!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Colwyn)
Post #: 2
RE: Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness - 12/26/2010 3:10:08 PM   
Redmarkus5

Be careful. It's a crime around here to use the word 'bug' ;)

There ARE a lot of 'issues' that need to be 'reviewed' and I am one of the unpopular people listing them in the forum BUT, this is truly an excellent game. It won't take you long to figure your way around it and you won't be sorry - it is definitely worth the effort.

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 3
RE: Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness - 12/26/2010 3:36:01 PM   
Montbrun

Yoy can turn the move animations "off"- I do.

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 4
RE: Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness - 12/26/2010 3:46:52 PM   
Redmarkus5

Yes, that does speed things up a lot. Play around with the preferences. Also, 'weather graphics = off' has helped.

(in reply to Montbrun)
Post #: 5
RE: Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness - 12/26/2010 4:03:43 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

I am one of the unpopular people listing them in the forum

I doubt that is true. You are just like any other user trying to make the game better. No more, no less.

Flipper

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 6
RE: Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness - 12/26/2010 9:43:18 PM   
Redmarkus5

:)

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 7
RE: Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness - 12/28/2010 2:51:51 PM   
Colwyn

I figured out space makes train and normal moves go well sorry my mistake that works great
the only think that really bugs me is recon ai it takes ages, i'm happy to see the combat info but 100+ recon 's no.

First patch fixed the screen resolution, or it just might have been some crazy prob with the pc to start.

I don't mind spending admin points on localising HQ units for fronts

Ohj boy this game does have the best potentional thats for sure..

IN summary i see

1.  would be nice to be able on the fly adjust the level of info given for combat while the AI is in progress ie +- even a pop up to ask what level 0-7 for each component ie recon, bombing, transport, land battles

2. just more info when you try to do something that doesn't go.

3 Why no naval units??? doesnt' have to be many but shouldn't it be easy to implement in a patch.

That means of the 7 items 5 of 7 seem to have sorted out ok.

This game is awesome for sure, my grandparents fought in this war ( as soviet greeks) best eastern front game ever so far. a bit more tweaking and this could be unreal..

A massive + for the posters that talk nicely and don't just get rude love this about matrix forums

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Bugs Bug Bugs user friendlyness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI