Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infantry Icons vote

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry Icons vote Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infantry Icons vote - 12/15/2000 9:17:00 PM   
Warhorse

Folks, this thread will run for one week. It is specifically for those folks that were interested in the old set of icons that you could "count heads" with. If there is enough interest, I'll post them, if not, well here's you chance, speak up!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Post #: 1
- 12/15/2000 9:42:00 PM   
Hauptmann6

It doesn't matter to me, although it was nice to see all the kills!!! I never bother to count anyway, I just kill them all! Haupt

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 2
- 12/15/2000 10:32:00 PM   
Warrior

I'm with the Hauptmann, but I like how the mortar, artillery, etc., icons lose men. Let's have the old style! [This message has been edited by REMF (edited December 15, 2000).]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 3
- 12/15/2000 10:53:00 PM   
RUsco

Leave em alone. All you have to do is turn Limited Intelligence off to see the number of men in an enemy squad.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 4
- 12/15/2000 11:17:00 PM   
Wild Bill

You know my preference, Warhorse. Include them in the 4.5 update as an option for the player, much as Iron Cross vs Swastika. Wild Bill ============== ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 5
- 12/15/2000 11:20:00 PM   
BA Evans

1. I like the new 'fog of war' icons the best. 2. Nothing wrong with choices. Including them in the next patch as an option is a good idea. BA Evans

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 6
- 12/15/2000 11:33:00 PM   
Tankhead

Hello Warhorse! I like them the way they are good fog of war. I never counted them before just kill them all. Maybe put them as an option for folks who prefer them with heads. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead__1.tripod.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 7
- 12/15/2000 11:48:00 PM   
Mac_MatrixForum

The fog of war is very good except when some of my own small infantry squads display wrong number of men. Btw. is there a good icon for the AT-rifle teams? All that I remember now are those with bazookas etc. That and some new scenery would definitely rock. ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 8
- 12/16/2000 12:05:00 AM   
Warhorse

Mac, the icon for that is hard-coded unfortunately. I can make one with the AT Rifle, but then your Panzerfaust teams would use that also ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 9
- 12/16/2000 12:19:00 AM   
Paco

This might be stretching the topic a little bit, but I always missed having those men-count-numbers hovering over not only on your normal infantary squads, but with the MG teams, cannons and AT teams. It is always pretty frustrating to check on the unit info screen for how many men's still alive around your AA cannons aswell as MGs. Is this feauture missing or have I just missed out on it? Hope this made any sense.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 10
- 12/16/2000 1:46:00 AM   
Charles22

I think I prefer how things are, but I agree with Paco with what he said, I would at least like to see numerical representations on other units. 'Perhaps' having guns with crew amounts might actually be detrimental. I mean, think of it, if you're used to advancing units with numbers on them, and some of your guns have crews the size of infantry squads, and you're zoomed out, aren't you liable to move them in error? OTOH I do recall infantry type units which aren't numbered, and this leaves for a bit of confusion. Of course Paco mentioning the mg teams not numbered is true, but what about the ski squads, I believe they are unnumbered? I think that also the calvary are unnumbered. It's not that big a deal with me, but it would make for a slight improvement.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 11
- 12/16/2000 1:52:00 AM   
Don Doom

I like the fog of war, so leave em. I generly just Kill them all and let hell sort them out. Don If war is so bad, then Why is it still here?

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 12
- 12/16/2000 2:37:00 AM   
JR

I would like to see icons with the correct number of men JR

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 13
- 12/16/2000 3:14:00 AM   
Pack Rat

Mike, Any time you've put work into graphics I'd love to see an option, no matter what the unit type. ------------------ Your mine is a terrible thing to lose. Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 14
- 12/16/2000 3:16:00 AM   
Warhorse

Well, already I can see the consensus is that you all would at least like the option, very well, I'll send them 'upstairs'!! Thanks for your replys!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 15
- 12/16/2000 3:51:00 AM   
Toey

Can we have an option?

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 16
- 12/16/2000 4:37:00 AM   
Warhorse

Toey, yes, only download the old ones if you want them, otherwise just use what you're using now! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 17
- 12/16/2000 6:26:00 AM   
Mac_MatrixForum

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse: Mac, the icon for that is hard-coded unfortunately. I can make one with the AT Rifle, but then your Panzerfaust teams would use that also
Too bad. Hmmm... are there really many AT-team icons with different crew numbers or why do they use the infantry system? I don't remember seeing the panzerfaust teams dwindle in number. Perhaps they could use the icons like tanks. *shrugs* Well that's just too bad. ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 18
- 12/16/2000 7:42:00 AM   
Warhorse

Mac, I'm gonna tinker with the AT teams a little, see if they will accept an icon number, don't think it will, but since they don't 'deplete' anyhow, maybe it would work?! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 19
- 12/16/2000 8:56:00 AM   
Redleg

I have to weigh in on this one! So many times, I am surprised to fire at a unit, get a hit and find out it is just remnants. At other times, I hold off on an attack for fear I might lose an engagement. I like the mystery of it. Before, if I knew a squad had say, three men left, it got no respect - I would use the detailed knowledge of that unit to make a decision about whether to attack or not. So, please don't go back to the old system of being able to look at an infantry squad in the woods and count heads...... at least leave the option.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 20
- 12/16/2000 10:30:00 AM   
Warhorse

Hey guys, don't get me wrong here, I'm not going to replace the current ones, or anything!! I'm just asking how many thought it was worthwhile to have an option, right now you don't, theres only the 'new' set of infantry you all been using since at least 4.0, maybe before, I lost track when David asked me to redo them!! This way, the 'old' ones will be available, right now, unless you happened to save them from who knows what version, I'm the only one that has them!! I'm sure some of you still do, but may not even know it, a easy way to tell is if you have a 2, 3, or 4 man unit, if they all show 3 men, you have the new ones. The old would show you in increments up to 13 figures. Just presenting an option here, not replacement ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 21
- 12/16/2000 9:33:00 PM   
Warhorse

Hey guys, the optional icons have been posted, no reason to keep the consensus open seemed most at least wanted an option, so there they are!! Enjoy! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 22
- 12/17/2000 3:29:00 AM   
Mac_MatrixForum

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse: Mac, I'm gonna tinker with the AT teams a little, see if they will accept an icon number, don't think it will, but since they don't 'deplete' anyhow, maybe it would work?!
Yeah, appreciate the try . ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 23
- 12/17/2000 4:14:00 AM   
Warhorse

Mac, to get back to you on the AT-teams, it didn't work, they are as I suspected hard coded to the icon Only thing we could do is make it an ATR icon, but like I said, then the PF teams would be wrong, oh well! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry Icons vote Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI