Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stealth

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Stealth Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stealth - 1/4/2011 12:45:26 AM   
Puzzlemaker

So in my last game I decided to mess around with stealth. It was fun, although seemingly pointless; All of my military ships had stealth and missiles. Of course I learned that missiles don't have the DPS to handle close combat slugging, which is slightly annoying but makes sense.

Anyway, the larger the ship, the worse stealth works. Stacking the stealth components doesn't do squat either; in fact, it makes it worse due to the components size.

So seemingly it has the best effect on smaller ships (I put them on my larger ships too for the hell of it).

However... The visibility reduction is displayed as a percentage. What is the actual visibility range? What is the range at which ships cannot see a ship cloaked with 80% visibility?

Edit for Clarification: I am not talking about sensors in this instance, I am talking about ship-to-ship visibility. Does it even effect it, or does it only effect sensors?

< Message edited by Puzzlemaker -- 1/4/2011 12:50:06 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Stealth - 1/4/2011 1:49:03 AM   
caerr

Ships in the system are always visible. So yeah, it only has effect on sensors.

It would be cool though if there was a cloaking field a la Bird of Prey, super advanced, maybe found in ruins only.

(in reply to Puzzlemaker)
Post #: 2
RE: Stealth - 1/4/2011 2:02:09 AM   
Setekh

Hm,  looks like I won't bother with stealth research in my current game if that's all it does. I too thought it might be some cool cloaking device thingy. Oh well.
If all it does is cover the approach of your ships on LR sensors then I won't bother. Besides, I like my enemies to see their doom approaching. ;)

(in reply to caerr)
Post #: 3
RE: Stealth - 1/4/2011 5:48:36 AM   
Puzzlemaker

So ships in the system are always visible?  Laaaame.  Well, stealth is fairly pointless in that case.

(in reply to Setekh)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Stealth Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI