Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replace Videos

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Replace Videos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replace Videos - 1/3/2011 3:24:05 PM   
loutreck

Hi,

is there a way to replace the videos? The files in the video directory have an ani extension but they really do not look like animated cursor files. Seems they are compressed, but whats the compression format/algorithm used?

Would be gr8 to get some infos about how to create such files or how to convert videos into that format.

if there was already a thread somewhere about this topic, sorry guys the help does not give me any results regardless of what my search terms are.

br
Lou
Post #: 1
RE: Replace Videos - 1/4/2011 6:55:04 AM   
TonyE

From an old e-mail (I just used quicktime to play the 406mm.ani file renamed to 406mm.flc)...

Yep, my memory was correct, the H3 videos are FLI format. ...various encoders are available, Google search will work. To easily
play, grab that player and rename an H3 video to .FLC from .ANI and the
player will play it.

Tony

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to loutreck)
Post #: 2
RE: Replace Videos - 1/4/2011 5:09:59 PM   
loutreck

yeah, got it and works. Finding a piece of s/w capable of creating those FLIC (Autodesk Animator fli/flc) files is not easy. Some of the converters on the market can convert a flic source but not into a flic destination.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: Replace Videos - 1/5/2011 12:50:47 AM   
TonyE

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1152105040771 is the editor I've used. Shareware version to try:
http://download.cnet.com/Paint-Shop-Pro-With-Animation-Shop/3000-2192_4-7057820.html

Tonight I also had success with the Civ3 toolkit (you can export to a PCX file that you edit, then convert that back to .flc with the Civ3 toolkit app). I didn't test the resulting .flc file in H3 but it does play in quicktime.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to loutreck)
Post #: 4
RE: Replace Videos - 1/9/2011 11:19:31 AM   
Bucks

I have a copy of AUTODESK ANIMATOR PRO the software originally used to create the videos used in Harpoon2 and still included in the game.

I've been planning an attempt to add some more videos... Like most things, time is the key factor as I've successfully extracted and converted the existing videos to avi file format. I've prepared an avi file for inclusion already, although I'm going to have to convince AGSI on releasing the indexing system so the video shows correctly. It's a short animation showing a land based Harpoon launcher firing.

I am under the belief that, the current HMW - Harpoon Media Viewer is to be expanded to allow for the display of video files and that to some extent has held back work on the old *.ani files and updating them. I'll make some inquiries and let people know if the HMV option is a near or long term objective.

Darren

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 5
RE: Replace Videos - 1/9/2011 9:39:56 PM   
Bucks

Ralf,

I've spoken with Frans a little while back, the scenarios will be uploaded shortly. I assure you I haven't lost sight of the prize. Just wanted people to know what might be comming up.

Cheers

Darren

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Replace Videos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI