Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzard turn GC 41-

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzard turn GC 41- Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzard tu... - 1/6/2011 8:27:05 PM   
rtb1017

It is the first blizzard-My first GC game and Ivan has retaken Rzhev and broken thru in the area of V.Luki. I am being pressured in Kursk but Vzayam and Bryansk are still holding. Rumanians are being spanked silly, probably my fault for making them go all the way to the top of teh Crimea.

I am try to control a sense of panic and trying not to feel discouraged. I tell myself, this is where generalship comes in. I also tell myself I can contain the breaks with my panzer reserves. Where is my Prozac. I got spolied with my heady success the first 4 months. This game is so good, i feel the tension and can start to appreciate the tension around that time .
Post #: 1
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 8:38:54 PM   
Josh

You sent the Rumanians all the way to the Crimea? You're a braver man than me then
Well  we would love to see a screenshot though... just for laughs, I mean, to share our strategic thoughts on the matter.  

(in reply to rtb1017)
Post #: 2
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 9:16:21 PM   
Pawsy

No retreat!

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 9:32:53 PM   
CarnageINC

I learned the hard way about the Romanians too.  I sent most of them on security duties after my first winter.  Good riddance.

(in reply to Pawsy)
Post #: 4
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 9:48:20 PM   
rtb1017

quote:

ORIGINAL: starbuck310

No retreat!

now that is a Fuhrer Befehl!

I dont know why I am anxious about a game (even though it is the best Eastern Front game in a long time.)

(in reply to Pawsy)
Post #: 5
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 9:54:01 PM   
rtb1017

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

You sent the Rumanians all the way to the Crimea? You're a braver man than me then
Well  we would love to see a screenshot though... just for laughs, I mean, to share our strategic thoughts on the matter.  

I am not too worried, I have Mussolini's finest Italian Corp with three whole divsions to plug the gap.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 6
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 10:13:00 PM   
usecase

The Soviet logisitics are rubbish. They'll grind to a halt soon enough - just have to hope 'soon enough' isn't Warsaw ;).

(in reply to rtb1017)
Post #: 7
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 10:15:37 PM   
Singleton Mosby

Still blizard in turn 41? O boy.....(I am currently in turn 33 and hard pushed on several parts of the front).

(in reply to usecase)
Post #: 8
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 10:30:24 PM   
rtb1017

quote:

ORIGINAL: Singleton Mosby

Still blizard in turn 41? O boy.....(I am currently in turn 33 and hard pushed on several parts of the front).

How realistic is it to have a 2 month blizzard. This makes me cringe even more, I hope I dont need therapy (lol).

(in reply to Singleton Mosby)
Post #: 9
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 10:32:47 PM   
rtb1017

One thing I am trying to decide is when to counter attack the Ivan Spearheads with my panzers. I get the sense i need to time this right so I get them when all they outrun their supply net and all they have left making them go forward are their comissars walking behind them with thier pistols.

(in reply to rtb1017)
Post #: 10
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 10:35:36 PM   
Singleton Mosby

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtb1017

quote:

ORIGINAL: Singleton Mosby

How realistic is it to have a 2 month blizzard. This makes me cringe even more, I hope I dont need therapy (lol).

Turn 34 and......snow

(in reply to rtb1017)
Post #: 11
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 10:39:09 PM   
karonagames

quote:

How realistic is it to have a 2 month blizzard.

March, when the Blizzard turns to Snow is the time to counter attack - you can recover a lot of ground in the 3 snow turns before the mud arrives in April. During the Blizzard the Panzers are penalised so attacking should only be considered when you can be sure of overwhelming odds.

edit: sorry wrong quote - was responding to panzer question.

It's only a Game

(in reply to rtb1017)
Post #: 12
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/6/2011 10:41:47 PM   
rtb1017

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigAnorak

quote:

How realistic is it to have a 2 month blizzard.

March, when the Blizzard turns to Snow is the time to counter attack - you can recover a lot of ground in the 3 snow turns before the mud arrives in April. During the Blizzard the Panzers are penalised so attacking should only be considered when you can be sure of overwhelming odds.

edit: sorry wrong quote - was responding to panzer question.

Without using the panzers which makes sense. I need to prepare to fall back a give ground. I just hate to give up Vyazma, Khakrov and Bryansk.

(in reply to karonagames)
Post #: 13
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/7/2011 12:02:54 AM   
karonagames

In my Field Marshal noob AAR I got Kursk, Belgorod and Kharkov back in March, because I conserved the panzers during the blizzard and the SU were over-extended.

It's only a Game

(in reply to rtb1017)
Post #: 14
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/7/2011 3:05:53 AM   
Davekhps

quote:

ORIGINAL: CarnageINC

I learned the hard way about the Romanians too.  I sent most of them on security duties after my first winter.  Good riddance.

They're definitely brittle in 1941, but in 1942, they hold up well on the frontline as long as they're double- or even tripled-up in stacks. I also generally added a German infantry division or two to the Romanian corps when it made sense-- helped stiffen their lines and allowed me a better division of labor along the front (not to mention an easier CP situation).

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 15
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/7/2011 3:18:20 AM   
Zort

How are the Italian units. I have kept them away as best as I could but are they better then the Romanians?

(in reply to Davekhps)
Post #: 16
RE: Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzar... - 1/7/2011 5:11:27 AM   
2ndACR

Italians are not much better. If it is not a mountain div, German, Finnish, it will get smashed in the Blizzard. My first game the Russians only penetrated 3 places on my line. But I stopped at the end of Sept and dug in hard. Level 4 forts across the board and double stacked units. 

(in reply to Zort)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Time to Hyperventilate-Ivan has broken thru-Blizzard turn GC 41- Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI