Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Major data errors? Aircraft allocations in Generic Data

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Major data errors? Aircraft allocations in Generic Data Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Major data errors? Aircraft allocations in Generic Data - 1/9/2011 12:14:09 AM   
DBS

It may be that it does not matter (ie because individual scenario setups may get it right) but the allocation of aircraft types to specific air groups within the Generic Data seems hopelessly confused. Those units that have an aircraft type allocated to them - by no means all do - seem to have almost random types and nationalities assigned to them - for example the entire Rumanian airforce is allocated Finnish types, and I have not found a single Soviet unit allocated a Soviet aircraft.

Of course, if the allocation of types to groups in the generic data is actually irrelevant, then there is not a problem. But if there is any linkage...
Post #: 1
RE: Major data errors? Aircraft allocations in Generic ... - 1/9/2011 12:24:15 AM   
Great_Ajax

Scenarios don't use these units so it doesn't matter. Open up the 1941 Campaign and take a look.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: DBS

It may be that it does not matter (ie because individual scenario setups may get it right) but the allocation of aircraft types to specific air groups within the Generic Data seems hopelessly confused. Those units that have an aircraft type allocated to them - by no means all do - seem to have almost random types and nationalities assigned to them - for example the entire Rumanian airforce is allocated Finnish types, and I have not found a single Soviet unit allocated a Soviet aircraft.

Of course, if the allocation of types to groups in the generic data is actually irrelevant, then there is not a problem. But if there is any linkage...

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

(in reply to DBS)
Post #: 2
RE: Major data errors? Aircraft allocations in Generic ... - 1/9/2011 12:39:41 PM   
DBS

El Hefe

I had actually looked at the 1941 GC scenario and yes, it seemed to be OK. Hence my careful wording in my first post that this might not be an issue. But I had not had the chance to look at every scenario. Nor is there, on a first reading of the Editor manual, any mention that the Generic Data is only partially relevant.

Thankfully there is now a very helpful thread started by Iron Duke (Generic Data vs Scenario Data) which gives a clear answer as to which aspects of Generic are relevant and which bits not.

By the by, the same teensy winsy error committed in WITP makes its way into WITE - namely the armament of the Lysander - should be two Browning .303s fwd, and one or two Vickers K aft, rather than the Vickers V and I in the database. Makes no real difference - they are all the same calibre - but might as well get it right.

David

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Major data errors? Aircraft allocations in Generic Data Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI